2017 Summer New Progression Server Ruleset?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by snailish, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Borune Journeyman

Not to derail this thread but I cannot tell you how many people ridicule me on Phinigel because I refuse to group in Guk for THIS. VERY. REASON.

"Guk xp is great." "Spawn times are great." "You suck for liking DSP. hue hue hue." All of this may be true but I'm tired of looking at Frogloks. There's so much more to see than the caverns under a friggin swamp. Isn't that why most of us are on these servers in the first place? To see what many of us had missed?

We now return you to our regularly scheduled TLP server rants. ;)
  2. FluttyMan Elder

What we need for a new server is:

- Allow only 1 box per character (boxing 1 shaman or cleric or what not is important to keep groups going, 6 man army boxs is not welcome though)

- 3months unlocks

- NO KRONOS

- picks

but all in all similar too phinny / ragefire.

Sorry for answering 2 months late
  3. FluttyMan Elder

4. ZappedBoys Lorekeeper

Why the hatred of Kronos?
  5. Fohpo Augur

Because it lends itself to people selling rots and stuff rather than offering it up for free. Really, it's just a scapegoat people tend to use for any of the various reasons they're bad at the game. It ultimately doesn't affect their play.
    code-zero likes this.
  6. ZappedBoys Lorekeeper

I think it's this as well. I've never had issues with Krono. If it helps DBG then let it help DBG. People can farm plat and give the going rate for krono anyway if the seller wants krono, its not a big deal. Are people really that poor in game or out of game?
  7. Fohpo Augur

They can always not buy stuff and farm it themselves.
  8. Darchon_Xegony Augur

What about a server where /pick works when the zone exceeds 18-24 players? Very few zones can support more than 3-4 groups.

Basically none can support the 6-7 groups currently required to spawn picks.

Really though, I just want them to resurrect Al'Kabor :/.
    ZappedBoys likes this.
  9. ZappedBoys Lorekeeper

EXACTLY. They can play the game.

This Fohpo guy gets it.
  10. Fohpo Augur

A lot of that just has to deal with buffs over the years that increase kill speed and better knowledge/skill averages across the population. I don't mind numerous picks, it really doesn't hurt the game outside of the perceived economy (which is really the argument that RMT uses).
  11. superman Augur

yes yes yes yes
  12. Constellation Augur

Looking forward to a new progression server, I keep checking in from time to time to see if they have announced/planned a new one.
  13. nagash101 Augur

No more event servers they are a waste of resources and time.
  14. nagash101 Augur

Phinney 2.0 with corpse runs and FV rules set. I would play on that server for sure. Might need a 4.5 month unlock, leveling and raiding might become a bit messy.
  15. nagash101 Augur

yeah like EQ2 has, that is a great idea.
  16. nagash101 Augur

I dont think it would depopulate phinigel at all. i think it would bring people from all the TLP server and some folks that stopped playing or missed the other TLP servers launch.
  17. nagash101 Augur

Because they dont understand economics.
  18. uk6999 Augur

I would be a huge fan of either an accelerated time line with multiple xpac release or starting out somewhere like in TSS. Starting in TSS would be put you well past the current progression servers so you wouldnt have competition of time lines and would be something different.

I know there is currently a progression server somewhere in VoA already? I think I logged into that one day and I was the only person on the server from what I could tell.

Whatever it is it needs to be something different. Please no more time locked start in classic for me. Also with the changes in the way picks work I might not even be interested in another progression server anyway. They really killed a lot of the fun for me by implementing those changes.
  19. Galdous Augur

No box would solve alot more problems then people think. Would open up more private groups that normally play with themselves because why bother sharing when you are an entire group at once which from the feeling of most players is selfish in itself. Would slow down power leveling/make it harder to dominate open world content. Would open up more people to lfg because of said above statement. Would lower costs and increase profits because server would have actual paying people over those who box/bot via consumption of krono with influx of new players. Just the tip of the iceberg of having a server that caters to those who want a semi old school experience playing with other people.
  20. Pikallo Augur

I tend to disagree with this. My feeling is that a lot of the people who like to box would simply not play on a no-box server as opposed to the idea that it would open up more private groups. I know in my own case, I would not play on a no-box/ip restricted server. I box for multiple reasons, and none of them are the stereotypical reasons that people use to hate on boxers. I don't box to train, grief, KS, farm krono, RMT, or anything like that. I'm not anti-social. I box for 2 main reasons:

1) Fun and challenge - EQ, especially up to the current era of PoP, is fairly stale from a purely gameplay standpoint. Most classes tend to get by with just a couple main abilities(especially casters with long cast times), which makes the challenge of boxing and striving to reach maximum efficiency something that I enjoy. Bottom line, playing a single character has very little stimulation, challenge, and enjoyment for me.

2) Limited playtimes - In order to be productive in EQ, you really need to invest a decent amount of time. However, in my situation, having a wife and young child can really put a damper on making a commitment to long, uninterrupted hours of EQ. Often times I am unable to devote the attention or time span necessary to join a group - but might still be able to sit down and play for an hour or two. I want to be able to do something productive in those limited windows of time that I have to play. Having a self-sustaining duo or trio allows me to do this.

I'm not saying you are 100% wrong, but I don't think it would thrive and solve as many problems as you think. Just my opinion.
    code-zero and jeskola like this.