2017 Summer New Progression Server Ruleset?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by snailish, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Tinytinker Augur

It would be bad business for them to take it a further than true box code and ban boxing outright. Your idea makes it very hard for families who play together.
  2. Tinytinker Augur

When I played POP, a lot of people I knew were willing to go back and help people do older content to get their epics, especially if the epics were useful, like the cleric rez stick. I think you found if you started now people would want to help you =)
  3. Catashe Augur

Personally I wish they'd make a server if they going to do "classical" xp TLP server that they make a XP bonus that you get for every max lvl you got.. Might help the turn over with low levels to give people to keep playing
  4. Tinytinker Augur

Corpse runs would be a deal breaker for me. I don't have the time for them with work/family obligations and I think there are other ways to recreate the sense of challenge/fear/teamwork that the pro corpse run people often use as an argument for why we should have corpse runs again.

You can achieve the same outcome via other means, such as getting people to go to difficult dungeons that will keep them on their toes, or giving players incentives for solving some of the unsolved quests that are out there. Not knowing what they will encounter doing an unsolved quest will keep players on their toes, give them a challenge, and get people to cooperate with each other.
  5. C3lowz Augur

I absolutely adore the start of a Progression server. Since The Combine the start of a Progression based server has always been something I enjoyed. And with Fippy and the Time Locked versions of it gave me enough time to settle down and make friends. I play on and off until GoD then I move on.

But can't wait for the new one!
  6. Varisath1 New Member

The next server will 100% guarantee be a Phinigel clone without the True Box code. Quote me and mark it on your calendar, it's coming. RF/LJ ruleset with raid instancing? This is like the biggest possible cash cow that DBG could wet dream about.
  7. fransisco Augur

This.
    No Krono would be the best change. It ruins the economy by letteing people basically bring money from other servers
  8. Dissent New Member

I'd be interested if I could play a berserker in era for the early expansions. If that's not available I'll most likely continue on Phinny.

I'd like to see an XP boost over what Phinny was. Truebox is good. Instanced raiding is good. Work with 3rd party devs to keep this server clean also.

MotM was a good idea, but didn't do much to increase difficulty of the content, just required numbers and time. I'd like to see a more innovative approach to balancing/refreshing old world raids, but realize that probably isn't in the cards.
  9. Strawberry Augur

The formula of phinny works, true box works, people joined the server because it feels alive.

For me I would like a server that isn't just classic, one that starts with OOW or something, so people who want to experience OOW+ can do it without a year of classic drama.

I've seen classic like a gazillion times now,we have had a gazillion classic servers, I'm tired of it. But there is a ton of content starting with OOW that most have not seen yet.

XP also stinks on phinny, it's really too low to be enjoyable for many.
  10. Strawberry Augur

I don't think this will keep working. Classic servers tend to rely on feelings of nostalgia, they pretty much tapped that well dry by now. They have launched so many classic servers that people who wanted to experience classic probably already did a few times over. Phinny was different because it had true box code.
  11. Stewgottz Augur

Now that instancing classic raid encounters is something we know they can do, perhaps they will go in a more radical direction with the ruleset?
  12. Grisnkh Lorekeeper

MY ruleset?

All classes (bst, Ber) avail at start.
    Kunark start
    Truebox or stricter
    Instances

This setup will pull me back.
  13. Tinytinker Augur

You lost me at stricter than true box. Stricter would likely make it very hard for families to play together and since my family plays EQ, that is a big problem for me.
  14. Gumby Augur

Instancing.
    True-Box code.
    Ragefire XP rates.
    No Trade Krono.
    4 month unlocks. (Link PoP/LDoN/LoY) Everything else its own 4 month timer.

The perfect server.
  15. TLP Addict Augur

Everyone has their own ideas of what makes a good TLP server, seems like Phinny is about as close as they have gotten so maybe stay with some of the core themes.

Instanced Raiding
    True box

Those two seem to be behind the overwhelming popularity of the server.

I like the idea of starting in an era other than classic. Kunark or Velious would be nice, if they could find a way to activate the bazaar without opening the rest of luclin that would be great, so ppl don't have to play tunnelquest.

Also if they could find a way to unlock Beastlord and Berserker at launch without their corresponding expacs that would be awesome too. We put up with OP monk fists and mage pets on previous TLP's I'm sure ppl will suck it up and deal with those 2 classes at launch.

3 month unlocks with regular xp rates, or a bit longer if it's with phinny xp, like 4 or 5 months, no need for 6 unless you unlock more than one era.

My 2cp on what I'd like to see in a server, YMMV.
  16. Ootax Augur

I'd like to see something totally different with this new server. I've played on Sleeper, Fippy, Ragefire, and now Phinny. Done the same thing four different times now. Other than unlock times, xp and true box these servers where all very similar and I'm not looking to do the same thing for a fifth time. I'd like to see it start out in a later expansion, maybe TSS or one of the level 70 era expansions.

For me to be interested in just another Phinny reboot then they'd have to do something really out of the ordinary, like maybe the current live UI features and maybe even mercs, sure that would trivialize a lot if not all the stuff but I really have no interest in just doing the same thing for a fifth time. I hope they get a really creative and think outside the box with this.
  17. jordune Augur

FV rule set
    boxing allowed ( but mabby limited to six toons )
    unlock upon content completion + three months ( so after content is completed its a three month wait then auto unlock )
    instanced raiding
  18. Bouncingbeebles New Member

Here is the problem with "no Krono" all people would do is "XXXX item for 1 Krono. Meet me on _____ server for trade. Then we will come back here and trade the item."

And that just leads to more problems of people being ripped off. While a no-krono server would be nice it's just not going to happen for that reason. The reason kronos are here is to try to cut down the number of real life money transactions.
    code-zero, Bobbybick and Kaenneth like this.
  19. Fancy Elder

Another server starting from classic would be a non-starter for me. Why would I want to do the same thing over again for the third consecutive year? I also don't like the idea of cannibalizing phinny, they already did that to RF and LJ and killed those servers.
  20. Borune Journeyman

I have experienced the content that I missed when i started in 2002. I doubt I would want to do it again unless there was a VERY good reason. Phinigel was just what I was looking for and I am enjoying my time there. I'd be worried that another server would just depopulate Phinny.