2014 Membership - Update from Smed

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Ashlanne, Jan 6, 2014.

1. melemayhem Journeyman

well im really disappointed you not doing the 2k thing. Ive played eq since kurnak, ive never taken a break so my account been active the whole time, brought every expansion so over the years ive shelled out a lot on eq. that used to mean that u could acess all aspects of the game. That is no longer true, i pay out my monthly and i buy the expansions and im left feeling ripped off as i cant for example use the armor augs without shelling out more money for sc. So now im going to be even more ripped off. least when the 500sc accrued i could save up and eventually buy one of the big bags or something, now if the 500 sc isnt going acrue basicly that means that i wont be able buy the big bags etc. not without spending more rl dollars. And im sorry but thats just bs, buying the expansions and paying your monthly should let u acess all of eq. Being about to play the other games, shrug doesnt really mean squat to me as ive only played eq since 2000, so basicly u have taken something away from me and given me nothing, i just left feeling more ripped off and more ignored as sony seems to be all about attracting new players and nothing for those of us that have payed the game for years, over a decade in my case.
  2. cfreining New Member

I am ok with the adaptations, even though I would have benefited from the initial change.

After reading through the post,I have quite some questions:
    1. Essentially, you will have to login every month to claim the 500SC, but you are able to hoard them. So if you are not logging in for some months, you will not get the 500SC.
    2. The 14.99$ for an all access account, what is with my yearly subscription of 99.99$ a year? Will I have an all access account as well or do I need to upgrade? I like the idea of trying the other games as well.
    3. European players... please don't mess up too much! I am happy to play EQ and have only an account with SOE. I am very suspicious regarding accounts with Pro7 in Germany.
  3. Ripper New Member

I'm surprised and very pleased that you listened. Thank you. You've retained me as a customer and generated some significant good will. Thank you again!
  4. ClapClap Elder

I think you misread something. The 500sc is going to accrue you will just need to log in at least once per month and hit ''claim'' to get the 500sc.
  5. Spiderr Bight New Member

Good to hear, smelling better already. Thanks for listening, it is refreshing to see a company do so this quickly and directly.
  6. Nightmares Augur

This is a MUCH better compromise. we still have the option to roll over our free SC ( remaining as 500 sc / month). Just have to log into the game and claim it. Bringing down the cost for All access to $15 is also extremely nice.
    This being said, I do have some questions.
    1.) I am currently on a promotional Subscription of $89.88 ( or something like that). Went I bought this Promo sub, I called Billing and asked directly about this. I was told that I wold receive this promo price until I either cancelled my reocurring sub, stopped payments, or changed the sub pricing details. Considering I still have this pricing, will You ( Sony / SOE) respect and honor this deal as was stated in writing for the promotion, as well as by your billing department?
    2.) I am worried about military members that must leave for deployment ( gone for 6-12 months at a time) won't be able to log in and claim their monthly SC. I am a disabled veteran so I do know the frustrations this may cause some. Will there be any stipulations for these individuals? ( please consider that some are given orders and leave within 24 hours, some even less. Due to this they might have just re-upped a subscription for a year or other specific time period and are unable to take advantage of what they paid for.) I mean it would be something to suspend service to their accounts as gold status until they have the ability to log back in and notify you they are back and to resume active gold accounts ( this would also put a halt on the 500sc claimable monthly reward while they were gone).
    3.) you had said of certain limitations to Marketplace items for the free SC when you referred to the 2k sc. Does that still apply or are you keeping the system wide open?
    4.) Are there any planned changes for pricing in the Marketplace at current or in the forseeable future for any and all current items? ( Not events like 50% off sales for instance).

All in all, this looks to be a much better way to go. Just those few questions from me for now to receive a good grasp of exactly what you are intending.
    bloodbeard and MasterMagnus like this.
  7. Tobynn Augur

Wait for whatever you like, whether you are willing or able to understand doesn't concern me at all. G'luck.
  8. Lethandor_Cazic New Member

I take offense to this statement and the statement made in the other thread. I took a year off from the game where I continued to pay you while I took care of my father who was dying from cancer. I continued to pay you for services that I was not receiving because of my own reasons that had nothing to do with you or your company. Whether or not I'm playing should not influence a "gift" that you are giving to paying players since I was still paying. Why should you care if I hoard the "bonus" forever. Its for paying customers, which I am and was.

What you are saying here is have this, thank you for supporting our product yet in the same breath saying we don't appreciate that you can't play right now so you get nothing, but thanks for the money. Simply put this is like a rebate check that so many companies put out and hope that the customers forget about or don't bother with redeeming. Very disappointing after being a Sony supporter for so many years.

The Grumpy Mage of Cazic Thule.
    lidien and Geroblue like this.
  9. Lily Augur

Thank you! :)
  10. Lorddantex New Member

While I like the change my thoughts are simple.

If you lowered it to 14.99 can you still pay yearly and will that be lowered to ? Or will yearly simply be removed ? If so this is actually a price hike for many people.
  11. Everstorm Augur

This has got me worried, or is this only for those that have a membership with Pro7?
  12. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

I am very pleased to see this kind of response. It's not official yet, and I'm sorry to say I already cancelled my sub. But when the currently outlined changes (or something close enough to them for my liking) take effect I will re-sub (again, given the type of scenario now being outlined).

Thank you VERY MUCH for taking such clearly drastic action from your initial position based on player feedback. one good on you, keep it up.
    IceSy, bloodbeard and Eluwenie like this.
  13. Eluwenie Augur

Thank you SoE for listening to the masses, now I'm seeing some are displeased with a rough outline of leaving it the way it was. My dad used to say "You can please some of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time".. however, I am relieved that hopefully we will keep the 500 SC per month (after logging in before the month expires) and accumulating it.
    IceSy likes this.
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

My EQ account is still with SOE (the day you make me go to that German company is the day I quit)

What games if any will be available under my SOE subscription?
    If we cannot have all games under SOE that they offer will there be a reduction in the price like the kidie package?
  15. Zinth Augur

I must say I don't give a flying fart for all-station access UNLESS it also covers EQN? I don't play any of the other games and I don't intend to play them either.

If not covering EQN then I'd much rather that ya just lowered the price on the game I actually play EQ1.

The claim your stuff every month is just lame... You are trying to save a couple SC on the cost of those players that might not login for a month or more but STILL pay you for your service. Several examples have been posted. If people pay then give them the gift like any other player paying. No need for the jump hoop thing to get cookie.
  16. Mackinaw Lorekeeper

This works for me :)
  17. Leigo You come here often?

How will this work?
    Will logging into game be enough to claim the SC or will we have to go to the market place and click a claim button or something?
  18. Doze Augur

There is an alternative that would allow you to both do the new idea of "pick 1 item up to 2K SC once per month" and keep the current option to "accumulate 500 SC per month".

Simply introduce a new item into the market costing 2K SC that will increase accumulated SC by 500 SC.
    Tyranthin and Hiny Emberglow like this.
  19. Doinar New Member

Thank you John Smedley - its good to know that this company eventually listens to its customers.
    Eluwenie likes this.
  20. anakeron New Member

happy customer here :)