20 minutes med times again?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pneumothorax, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Pneumothorax Journeyman

Please say it ain't so. That might just be a deal breaker, I can't deal with sitting around for 45 minutes of every hour waiting for mana/HP to regen.
  2. Redik2 Augur

I heard Rift, GW2, WOW, ff14, and about 10 other MMOs are also looking for subscribers.

Perhaps those games appeal to your tastes. Also, please feel free to roll a character on a live server and wait for the progression server to progress to the point in the game where out of combat regen was a thing.

Cause, you know, this is a PROGRESSION server, not a new live server.
    Fallfyres, Darth and Frenzic like this.
  3. Invictvs Augur

Easy answer to this is to just 6 box.
  4. Coldsore.Fippy Augur

Not sure how 6 boxing improves med times. Care to elaborate?
  5. Invictvs Augur

Depending on the class set up you choose to have, downtime can be significantly reduced.
  6. kain200 Elder

Make one of the boxes an enchanter!

Seriously, one of the greatest crimes and absolutely the worst casualty in the decision to add faster ooc regen was the poor enchanter class. I remember I wasn't playing for years when the change was introduced and when I came back thinking to make an enchanter I couldn't believe that their trademark buff was seriously gimped in usefulness. I know they are still awesome for their plethora of amazing abilities but it was always a neat strength of the class to hold such a valued buff.

I am 100% in favor of the old original system of mana regen. (minus staring at the book!) KEI is one of the coolest buffs in the game and I can't wait to experience it again in all its glory!
  7. Coldsore.Fippy Augur

You're talking about group composition, not boxing.
  8. Bandok Augur

I don't remember having to wait that long for mana and hp to regen in any situation, except for maybe soloing. And not really even then.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  9. Nolrog Augur

Learn how to manage your mana then and you won't have a problem.
    Fallfyres and Frenzic like this.
  10. Ferry-Tunare Augur

I remember it taking 8 minutes to med up. The reason wizards were always teased about being AFK is as we learned to play the game we were taught to tab out and surf the web. It's still a hard habit to break.
  11. Xanadas Augur

The solution is to choose your spell-casting carefully. :)
    Fallfyres likes this.
  12. liveitup1216 Augur

This thread is breaking my heart simply by existing.
    Fallfyres, jagarr and Coldsore.Fippy like this.
  13. Kanzieq Journeyman

I have no problem with this /shrug
    Fallfyres likes this.
  14. Crayon123 Augur

No OOC regen is a good change, sorry. Makes bards, chanters & healers more valuable - which should be the case.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  15. Numiko Augur

just make a necro or mage! no need to cast spells, only command you will need is /pet attack.
  16. Irbax_Smoo Augur

I may sound masochistic, but I actually enjoyed the group downtimes, because it helped people be more social in groups. When all you are doing is sitting on your bum, you tend to talk with each other more.

The social aspect is almost missing from modern MMOs and you don't get the interactions to the extant EQ1 has with their grouping mechanics. I can't say that about any other MMO I've played, except for maybe DAoC and that was still very group heavy, but with slightly less downtime.
    Felicite, Crayon123 and Frenzic like this.
  17. Weverley Augur

I agree with u irbax.This is a great thing for me.If u don't like roll a non-mana character.
  18. taliefer Augur

i agree. its also part of the reason i dont like modern eq as much as older expansions. the gameplay becomes more of a ui whackamole, much closer to other mmo gameplay and less "eq" imo.
  19. Jet-Li Lorekeeper

I'm willing to give this a go, but anyone who asks my necro for twitch to speed up the down time will be told no, I'm not their mana slave.
  20. Ducreux Augur

Hope you don't want to raid on the necro, you are the cleric's battery.