2 wiz, 1 ench spell line up

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Kelset, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Kelset Elder

Hello,
    I've been using Kizant's site (thanks once again!) to optimize my spell lineup's for a casual non-raider. I think I have the optimal, non-named, line-up down but wanted to double check if I'm missing anything since with the 3 character mix there might be an interaction I'm missing. The enchanter is 114 and the two wizards are 113. I will occasionally have a merc wiz as well depending on whether I need dps or extra healing.

The enchanter is always casting Dissident Reinforcement and keeps Twincast and Mana Reciprocation auras up.
    The Wizards alternate spell line-ups between mobs; the first wizard casts Stormjolt Vortex while the second casts Frostbound covenant. On the next mob they reverse to keep them refreshed as soon as possible. I also keep the Twincast spell in their rotation on alternate mobs to cast as soon as it refreshes and save the twincast aa for named. The rest of the multi-bind is the same for both wizards: Claw of Sontalak, Ethereal Blast, Cloudburst Stormbolt and one of the force aa's. I also rotate in the various Enchanter and Wizard aa's depending on the zone and whether I'm holding back for a named.
    Am I missing anything from an extra dps standpoint or is there another approach I should consider? I appreciate any feedback or suggestions.

2. CrazyLarth Augur

3. Kelset Elder

Thanks CL, I do have Dissident 2 but not sure when I would use it. Plugging it in on my line up in Kizant's it doesn't seem to change anything, unless I'm missing something. Thanks for the links.
  4. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Wizard dissident is crap … okay … not crap, but high mana cost and cannot be twincasted. Generally speaking, you wait for GoM procs (or GGoM from the chanter) to cast the spell when not under twincast … but it can be more trouble than it is worth, especially on group content … and especially if you don't have at least rank 4.

Falling in love with Wizard Covenant is a trap for most wizards. Very high mana cost … not a dd spell, so doesn't fire procs … extremely difficult to fulminate with just another wizard. It sounds like you are using as much for the add buff on mob as you are trying to fulminate. Unfulminated wizard covenants are a waste of time.

I'll be honest. I have no idea what total setup you are running (I mean … it's not 2 wiz, 1 enc and 3 mercs is it?) which would influence what advice I'd give. Best advice I can give right now is to center all your wizard casting around getting claw casted as much as possible and your enchanter casting mindxxxx (usually highest rank plus next highest) for GoHT and GGoM procs as well as synergy and keeping chanter dissident on cooldown.
  5. CrazyLarth Augur

I keep forgetting that mana might be a problem for your toons, skip Dissident.
    You should review your spell line up after getting every spell upgrade.
  6. Kelset Elder

Full group is Paladin, Cleric, Enchanter, Wizard, Wizard and Merc. If I have the caster merc up, covenant seems to fire quite a bit. I thought I had also read a post at one point that Claw fires twincast enough to make covenant worth it with 2 wizards if I go with the healer merc or another pc. It's been awhile so I may be remembering the post wrong.

Thanks for the input!
  7. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Ethereals (and Claws) got a big boost in ToV so once you are at 115 (and have the new fire Ethereal … plus at least the T2 bp), I'd seriously consider dropping Covenant from your lineup. Your dps overall might drop a smidge, but you would be much more flexible in your spell weaves and should not have any mana issue in the T2 indoor zones.

Don't forget to have your wizards and enchanter melee … would even be a good idea to NET all 3 plus the paladin (and even cleric … the undead procs are great). The wizards get a big boost in their procs due to higher crit damage adds.
  8. Kelset Elder

Interesting on caster melee and NET. I'll have to look at weapons and augs to see what they have. Do you typically use 2her's or do you want faster weapons for the procs?
  9. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

You want the 2h because of the bigger procs. Wizards have the highest natural boost to critical damage in the game … and then when you add all the adps … those melee proc crits get sizable. Melee damage itself is pitiful … it's the procs you want.
  10. Kelset Elder

Great, will give it a shot, thanks.