2 things i'd love to see

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zantor, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Zantor Augur

1. Is a way to block common loots, like how we can block unwanted buffs. For there to be a way not to see a common no drop loot that litters up a camp. Faster we can loot up and not waste time and get the corpses to disappear the better for everyone IMO.

2. Also some AA to help make mercs alittle better, like AA's to help them have more HP, AC, dmg mitigation, more DPS, mana regen and aggro reduction for DPS mercs, ETC. For people like me who rely a lot on mercs and for those that have tons of AA's.

I know not everyone will like these suggestions on what i'd like to see implemented in the game, but please (I know, tall order) try to keep it civilized and constructive.
    Qest T. Silverclaw likes this.
  2. Bamurien Journeyman

I would love to see some AAs for mercs - at the very least spell casting subtlety for wizard mercs.

Maybe make it like LAAs - filter a separate version of xp to that meter while you have a merc up.
    Siddar likes this.
  3. Xirtket Augur

I would be happy with a merc guard here commande, and other similar simple commands, basically like the pet window commands, but for mercs.
  4. Kurayami Augur

AAs for mercs, fun idea. Not sure I'd want spell casting subtlety for wizards though, ruin my fun fighting them for agro left on perma burn all day! Certainly doesn't let me get lazy on agro, let me tell you!
    Mellifleur likes this.
  5. Abazzagorath Augur

You can just hide corpses, once you loot what you want it will disappear for you.
    Sinestra likes this.
  6. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

Great ideas except that current mercs are overpowered. Might be nice next expansion to have mercs start relatively weaker, and then be able to boost them up with merc AAs.

Also, the loot blocks would need to be individual and removable, as Necromancers love having corpses littered about.
    Tegila and Mellifleur like this.
  7. Mellifleur Augur

Also the little Mage / Dru combos in Evantil leave hundreds of corpses along with thier 80 mob trains to make that zone just unplayable by anyone not using a NASA computer.

Edit: wouldn't call mercs overpowered nor would I call for a end to the merc, when this game can attract more healers and tanks again then we can consider changes to mercenaries or places where mercenaries can go.
    As of now mercs where brought in to replace the really low poplation rate of healers in the game.

DPS is easy enough to come by if you look for it. Healing and tanking is another thing entirely.
  8. Battleaxe Augur

Mercs? Mercs are good enough. They should be poor substitute for live players, not poor substitutes that can be improved.

Looting? We just have a player who isn't as busy loot. It gives them something to do and it's fun when something good drops.

looter just loots the good stuff. If you are giving your character your full attention loot all isn't necessary. You have an alternative.
    /hidecorpse looted - the looter is all set
    /hidecorpse all - every 5-10 mobs only once per character. Easy peasy.

Admittedly it's more of a burden if you are the tank and the healer and the CC and the puller. Maybe you should admit others into your group and share the rewards of grouping instead of just asking to minimize burdens you wouldn't have if you did.

Bags full of useless junk when a player auto forages overnight? More forage junk please and no way to filter it. A live player should be able to forage 10 acorns overnight. A bot, 1 acorn and bags full of coal. "Advantages" should be reserved for live players not used to relieve bot disadvantage.
    Genoane likes this.
  9. Sinestra Augur

No thanks to merc AAs. No reason to have to earn more AAs just to use your merc.
    Moklianne likes this.
  10. Jilarak Elder

would like merc commands like hey stop! stand right there dont move..
    hey dont stand right in front of the mob merc move away..hey stop running around in a circle merc..and heal me
    100 pp for 15 mins for merc ai is kinda lame
    Sinestra likes this.
  11. SpamFactory Augur

12. Dre. Altoholic

I want AE looting.

No thanks to merc AA's, they are already too good.

Merc commands would be amazing. A merc lurch ability, free-target merc positioning tool and merc root would rock.
  13. Tegila Augur

i like the idea of making mercs less powerful when next expac launches and making you spend aas on them to make them the power they are now vs rof content..not weaker than now, but weaker vs next year, so they dont jsut have to level. This could replace people asking for higher tiered mercs, or you could get aas for wiz ports for the wiz mercs, aas for assassinate (i can see it now..not my thing but im sure it would quench some of hte ppl omg they can but i cant!) aas for stupid clr mercs to cast the ac buff, aas for warrior to disc on command instead of randomly idk. so many complain they have nothing to spend aas on by this point in time, and so many think mercs are op'd, while others depend on mercs refusing to play with others...makem work for it rather htan leeching offa quest they did nearly 30levels ago
  14. Siddar Augur

How are merc's over powered?

Wizard merc I can do five times its burn DPS and almost triple its sustained.

War merc my pet tanks better then it.

Healer merc is not more powerfull then any of the healing classes and is dumber then a brick most of the time.

Rogue merc I dont use them so no idea but from what ive heard they fall behind wizard merc's in terms of DPS.
    Mellifleur likes this.
  15. Siddar Augur

16. Gladare Augur

They're better than your average bad player. Groupers are always talking about the majority and the majority of players are your average bad player.
  17. Gnar Augur

I wouldn't mind a aa that reduced the merc upkeep, 3 ranks, 10, 20, 30 percent. Or an aa that gave you an additional merc command to park them in one place. Sometimes no matter how well you think you can control them, the dumb cleric merc will go stand next to a rooted mob.
  18. Revulsion Elder

got to hate when mercs stand next to rooted mobs happens to me on occasion when i root with my ranger and someone inavertently has their healer merc up and watch the merc get wasted by an army of rooted mobs LOL!!
  19. Angahran Augur

One merc command I would like would be, "Move away from the rooted mob you dumb cleric!"