2-Step Verification now required?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Cirre, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Cirre Journeyman

I am trying to log in, but after I enter my user/pass, I get the message:

Due to unusual activity on your account, we require additional account security and verification, in order to continue play. Please click here to add a valid mobile phone number to your account.

I don't like giving my mobile phone number out. Are you all now requiring this in order to play?

I logged into my account through the website and when I went to the enhanced security section, it said that 2-step authentication in required, but the button below it says "turn on 2-step authentication". If I go there it asks for my mobile number and requires me to allow text messages. How can I turn this off?
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Most likely a system issue. A google search on this error reveals same problem around Dec 2015 and a few other times for DB games server. General response was to file a petition but no one ever posted if that worked.
  3. Cirre Journeyman

Is there a way to file a petition without logging into the game? I can't get in.

I didn't see a petition area in the account section of the website.
  4. wardave522 New Member

I had the same issue pop up on my main account that's paid up for like 200 + days. I tried putting in a google voice number but it wouldnt take it so I put in my cell.. yea annoying. Might try removing it later to see if it still lets me log in
  5. Fizzy New Member

Yeah I'm having this issue on one of my accounts that i just bought EoK on. I was wondering if that might be the issue since i recently moved. But i can't even get to the part where i input phone number because it won't accept my place of birth.
  6. Rivitt Elder

I'm getting, "This account requires a valid subscription" on one of my silver accounts. The others loaded fine. I'm going to Twitter.
  7. Justahealer New Member

I just had this happen to my clerics account.
    [2-Step Verification now required]

Every time I tried to log in to the game it told me the same message every time.
    [Due to unusual activity on your account, we require additional account security and verification, in order to continue play. Please click here to add a valid mobile phone number to your account.]

For starters, I play regularly on multiple accounts. I never let anyone else log in my accounts, period. I am also the only one that uses my accounts and even the computers that they run on. To prevent any problems with anything I reinstall the Win OS (Currently Win 7 Pro) every 3 months to kill out any application junk files and to improve system performance and to also eliminate any possible Trojan viruses, applications, web sites, and anything else that would be undesirable and that managed to bypass my security settings. I have been doing this preventative maintenance on my computers since 1993 and never once had any problems with the computers.

Now I am sure others would agree with me. This message is illusive to say the least, what exactly happened to cause the account(s) to become flagged as... --- "Security Locked" ---
    Therefore requiring the customer to undergo the =[2-Step Verification]= which is apparently required and will not allow the customer to log into the game until finished. It would be nice to know what happened to cause such a security precaution, even if it was a message sent to the customers EMail address on file.

What is messed up is I did not own a cell phone, not until now...... I had to go to the store to buy a cell phone just so I could enter it's number and allow my Clerics account to log back into the game. I found this to be very inconvenient, and even unnecessary. Many people do not own cell phones, and to be forced to buy one just to fix something that could have been otherwise fixed with customer service is absurd.

Seeing that this has happened to other accounts leads me to believe that this is an actual Daybreak problem and not the fault of the customer. I highly suggest that Daybreak add another form of authorization that does not require the customer to obtain some item like a cell phone, or security key, perhaps a simple automated voice call that relays the information to the customer. I never owned a cell phone and had gone 45 years of my life without one, I think I was doing fine without one..(Untill now) Now I have this monthly bill for a cell phone I will never use, and never wanted in the first place.

If a customer has never done anything to violate the EULA or violate Daybreak policy, not knowing the exact problem that caused the customers account to become "Security Locked" does not help the customer one bit. It would be nice to know what caused this to happen, perhaps even allowing the customer to take actions to resolve it. Perhaps the customer has some problem that they are unaware of and that required some action to resolve and fix. Being in the computer repair field, I have seen many instances where the customer had something like software, or virus or other nefarious things on the computer and they did not know it and it passes muster.

Feedback on this tropic would be greatly needed.
    Thank you.
  8. Justahealer New Member

** Change 'tropic' to topic ** typo here....
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

There are numerous errors going on right now when attempting to log in, I would not believe any of them far enough to enter any info. Just wait for them to fix the servers.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  10. Rayzen Elder

I am also getting the same 2 step verification message. It asked me for my mothers maiden name, and i put it in...then it comes up and says it cannot process my request right now. I never even got to the part where I put my phone number in.
  11. Jim234 New Member

I was on all night,

This morning i am trying to log in and its giving me `` A timeout has occurred `` every time .
    Not sure what the problem is but needs to be fixed
  12. Exmortis_MT Augur

I wouldn't do that right now, this has all the hallmarks of a DDoS or root attack. DO NOT follow those steps until we get communication from Daybreak. You are risking your personal information. Daybreak should know better then to use personal information for security verification, but seems like so many others, your security isn't their concern.

No idea when that will be, but I am sure at some point someone will remember that they have paying customers.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  13. eqgamer Augur

Happened to a few of my toons as well a couple of weeks ago. I just tried randomly throughout the days and was finally able to verify them all. Crazy stuff but just keep trying until goes through.
  14. Farewell Lorekeeper

DO NOT ENTER any personal information right now. For all we know daybreak has been compromised and they are fishing for data.
  15. dd15cm New Member

I am getting this also. I can not verify as the system tells me that it is unable to process at this time. I have sent two help requests via site with zero feedback. Please remove this from my account and or fix this issue.
  16. Fizzy New Member

I just got a cs reply. Since I couldn't figure out the problem I called it a ban/suspension got pocketed response told to update ticket if I had more info but the ticket is not accessible to update.
  17. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

You guys this is the server being wacky - its not real!
  18. Exmortis_MT Augur

Actually I believe it is a real problem, not an alternative fact, in actual real problem.
  19. uk6999 Augur

This is also happening to me. I would guess they recently enabled some additional security rules that flag your account if you access it from different area's. Really this sort of thing should be brought up before hand in patch notes or community feedback before just enabling and hosing people's accounts. Anyway, poor customer service also includes back logs of cases they now have to sort through. If I wasnt able to bypass the patcher and get in I would simply just cancel my account.

Really DBG think about this kind of feedback and the loss of customers out of frustration when doing things like this.
  20. Fizzy New Member

Unfortuneately bypassing the patcher doesn't help with the 2 step verification issue.