2 Questions

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by SonOfABiscuit, May 26, 2019.

1. SonOfABiscuit Augur

1. Why is wizard's mana burn refresh timer twice the time of SK harmtouch refresh?

2. Why are the skill mod augs (splinter of potency, etc.) not type 3? Having to use them in the regular type 7/8 slot is dumb.

Thanks in advance!
  2. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

3. do vah shir have litters, or just 1 kid at a time?
  3. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

also, characters should 'grow up' as you level them. like, froglok's should start out as tadpoles with legs.... and should end up as larger and larger toads as they level up.

humans should get a run speed penalty as they get older and start to shrink.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Puppies!!!!!!!!
  5. SonOfABiscuit Augur

Please make those skill mod augs SLOT 3!! Thanks!!
  6. Cadira Augur

Probably 1 at a time since they only have 2 breasts.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Yes but how many nipples !
    Leigo likes this.
  8. Littlelegs Elder

1. Not a good question. Comparing the recast timers of a caster vs. tank ... just no.

2. To hazard a guess, type 3 augs typically aren't dropped from mobs, but rather purchased via currencies. Of the top of my head I can only recall 1 that is dropped and not quested/bought. But I could be wrong. I may be working off old information, but at the evoc aug you mention was easily and by far more mana via the pres then anything else. So having to use them in 7/8 is inconvenient at worst for classes that have more than enough slot 3 spots.
  9. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Oh, I tried to hold out and not respond...but since someone did non-jokingly...sort of...

...the refresh timer is the thing that has you concerned between mana burn vs harm touch?

Not the fact that:
    -Harm touch costs zero to a SK vs mana burn's cost of 70k mana to a wizard
    -Harm touch can crit for over 10M damage with adps (and easily over 5M with just SK self adps) vs 2.8M constantly for mana burn no matter what else is running on the wizard
    -Harm touch add dot usually does more damage vs the mana burn damage add...even if all 500 counters are used
    -Harm touch can be used on the same mob as many times as you have SKs vs waiting for the 500 cast counter to go away before the next mana burn for wizards
    -Harm touch is instant vs mana burn's interruptible cast time of 3 seconds

I think all the above would be questions I would have before I'd be concerned about the refresh time...

I have no idea what Littlelegs is implying on melee vs caster on refresh times...abilities should be balanced...period.