2 new TLPs announced for 20th Anniversary

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Elbereth, Jan 23, 2019.

1. Mashef Augur

I'm here to nail the guess:

Ultra-Casual:
    Fast exp (ULTRA alt friendly)
    Slow unlock expansions (6 months - also ULTRA alt friendly)
    Opens with Classic/Kunark/Velious together
    Race/Class Combos open at start
    Beast/Zerker open at start
    MOTM removed/mitigated to make it ULTRA casual for small guilds
    Upgrade from Truebox to TWOBOX per machine

Hardcore:
    Slow exp rates
    Faster unlocks
    FV loot rules
    No truebox code
    No AOC
    Standard TLP classic on through out.
    No Pick Zones
    Komaf and Xhartor like this.
  2. Trevalon Augur

I think all you people who think they are going to do some crazy TLP formula have lost your minds - They are not going to do crazy things like late starts, all classes, mercs at start...all of that is just crazy talk.

The differences between the 2 servers will almost assuredly be: One will have fast unlocks one will have slow. one will have fast exp one will have slow. And that's probably it.

Casual:
    Fast EXP
    3-6 Month unlocks
    AoC (with same unlocks as now, Casual people don't want to raid more than one or two days a week)
    Truebox enabled (who are these crazy people in this thread saying Truebox is for casual people? lol, Its the casual people (such as myself) that got Truebox enabled in the first place, it was to stop the hardcore boxers from ruining our game.)

Hardcore:
    Slow EXP
    Faster Unlocks
    No AoC's (Debatable, I could see them going the opposite way and having AOCs that have fast resets)
    Truebox off (though this could be a tossup)

I would put a krono those are the only differences in the two.
  3. Mashef Augur

Then it will fail like Coirnav. No one is ready for more classic > Kunark > Velious slog. It's about fruitful once a decade. It will be fun for the 20th or a lot of people won't jump over for the same old thing that has been re-hashed to death for the last 3 years.
  4. Jontrann Augur

Wrong.

Not all of us reroll on every single tlp that comes out so if YOU'RE tired of doing that content stop rerolling on every new tlp.
    andross77 likes this.
  5. TLP Addict Augur

Yeah I'm not sure what the point is, by now it's probably already determined what the rulesets for the new servers will be, people should just chill out and wait to hear what the new servers will have then decide which one suits them best.

Having said that, the amount of threads created and discussions being had over the last 12 months or so suggest that there is a huge demand for new TLP's despite some people's claims that we don't need any more.

Instead of writing post #5000 of "my perfect TLP server rules" people could maybe focus on spreading the word to the wider gaming community.
    Punchu likes this.
  6. Artaserse2 Elder

I am not going to argue with you about going True Pay. That's not a bad idea & Daybreak should implement it.

However, until such adjustments are made (and I wouldn't hold my breath) True Box is now the new Standard. It's the standard because of the problems that arose on Ragefire (and the zombie server Lockjaw) when they went live. It's not an accident that all the TLPs since then have been True Box.

True, most players don't play with multiple computers. I don't. But then again, I don't box either. I know plenty of people who do however. These people 2 box and often share the 2nd toon with a spouse ( who only plays occasionally). So they use a second machine. It's not a serious inconvenience for them. I would agree that its a major inconvenience 6 boxers and the like. However, if you are going to 6 box you probably shouldn't be playing a mmorpg (where social interaction is an important part of the play process).
  7. Trevalon Augur

My Discord is blowing up with people ready for a Phinny clone with Agnarr EXP rates. Coirnav was terrible for 2 reasons: 1) Released at a terrible time and 2) slow EXP. I dunno bout your discord, but multiple ones I am part of are excited about this announcement. A Phinny clone with Faster EXP rates - Sign us ALL up!
  8. Artaserse2 Elder

This I agree with this.

While they probably haven't finalized what rulesets they are using, it is likely that they have a general idea of the direction they want to go in.

At this stage it is very unlikely that they are going to implement any radical new concepts.
  9. Phinny4Life Lorekeeper

I think you should consider looking at the server status page that shows the population. I dont see Coirnav as having failed.. It shouldn't have been launched, yes.. But failed? Nah

Also, Kushiel, lookin forward to playing with ya again buddy! Hopefully its something fun, I think 4 months with fast exp would be nice.
    Trevalon likes this.
  10. Artaserse2 Elder

A Phinny clone Agnarr EXP rates. We might just get that. So easy for Daybreak to implement. Possibly tweaked with a FV ruleset.
    Crayon123, Elskidor, Jontrann and 2 others like this.
  11. Kywen Augur

Yes yes! Include Wood Elf Beastlords and Froglok Monks in this.
    Chatoyan and Artaserse2 like this.
  12. TLP Addict Augur

Yes Beastlords are nice, currently playing one, but Zerker is love, Zerker is life. It would be really nice just for once to not have to wait until a server is 18 months old to play the class I want to play.

Would link to "that" song but well you know, mods.
    Chatoyan likes this.
  13. zurgar Journeyman

You people have been crying for years about us boxers so DB gave you guys 3 servers. If they would of gave ragefire AOC from the start those servers would have been dead. Since the boxers have kept this game alive I think the 20th anniversary should be dedicated to us. So if you don't box you can't join the server. But if we had to choose I would say we get the casual server. AOC, fv loot, 2 months of classic, 6 month unlocks after that with all expansion within that level go active (level 60 kunark,velious, luclin all go active at the same time ) but have to be completed in order.
    Chatoyan and Sabi like this.
  14. Kywen Augur

I am wishing on this penny I found that the “New Land” mentioned is Lowbsville and was just found under a log in Commonlands or somewhere, so new toons will have additional places to explore. Think that will happen?
  15. Artaserse2 Elder

LOL! I'd be tempted to play a Wood Elf Beastlord!
  16. itiswhatitis Lorekeeper

it should be 2 servers with exactly the same rules and unlock timers....but one is true box the other isn't, let us see who the best type of players are.
  17. itiswhatitis Lorekeeper

Both imho though should not be true box. If you don't like it there is always coirnav, I think they are on luclin now.
  18. Aegir Augur

Bot Army hardcore and Bot Army Ultra Casual would be fitting titles for those new TLP's then.

Can't wait to see those 1500 Gnomes - and 1500 Darkelves scripted bot/boxes on those servers. Then they will also have those 300 remaining mixed races, that are returning classic players that doesn't know what nightmare they have signed up for.

But if they do. Remove Pickzones on the hardcore server and let the best programmer win in Efreeti, AM/Frenzy and the Rat Prison in the Hole.
    Chatoyan and andross77 like this.
  19. Xhartor Augur

Casual:
    Phiny with Agnarr exp rates and a free weekly joint.

Hardcore:
    1/3 of Coirnav exp rates.
    Exp pots costs increased by 300%
    Fast Unlocked
    No True box.
    No AoC
    PVP
    Free Trade /FVloot rules.

This way the hardcore players get to enjoy a 54 Wizard murder squads appear out of thin air.
  20. ForumBoss Augur

The only good thing about truebox was that it had some detection built in for m****q****. I'd like to see that functionality maintained, but otherwise truebox is just waste of electricity, and ergonomically punishing due to mashing all those wireless numpads. I doubt that many people actually want to see characters completely automated while afk.
    Sabi likes this.