2 new TLPs announced for 20th Anniversary

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Elbereth, Jan 23, 2019.

1. Punchu Augur

Hardcore has gotta be sleeper/combine style unlocks I would hope. Anything less wouldn't be as hardcore as the original TLPs.

And I'll be surprised if they're not both True Box.
    snailish likes this.
  2. Ishbu Augur

Hardcore should be no instances. If you're "hardcore" then you fight for spawns. Should appeal to the we want old eq back crowd
  3. Lucky Charms Journeyman

Hardcore=Discord, can't handle that they have a server for you it's called Ultra Casual. ULTRA
  4. a_librarian Augur

I think a phinny style (AoC/Truebox) with FV loot and slow expansion unlocks (4-6 months per era) is gonna be the highest profit for least effort for them. They can milk that for nearly two years before it outlives the nostalgic eras
  5. RandomStrategy Augur

I got some bad news for you....
    Phinny4Life and HoodenShuklak like this.
  6. Machentoo Augur

This seems a little weird to me, as virtually no one has been calling for a hardcore server. As intriguing as it might be, I don't see it being very successful unless they give it a ruleset that somehow appeals to players beyond just the hardcore croud.

Now if by hardcore they mean something along the lines of what I suggested a few months back, no raid lockouts, unlocks almost immediately upon content being defeated, and fast xp, something of a hardcore fast touring server, I could get behind that. But somehow I don't suspect that's what they mean by hardcore.
  7. Gremin Augur

Hardcore to me means content beat 30 days later next expansion opens. Sleeper xp rates and FV rule set would nice.

Ultra casual is content beat 4 to 6 mo unlocks.
  8. Elite_raider Augur

Nothing is imposible as long as the potential profitt is big enough
  9. Zanarnar Augur

I've been thinking about this for a bit now. I don't know how their works really, but here is a thought.

Could they create an expansion that has whatever tailored ruleset they want, and have that xpac only unlock on the tlp (or whatevers) with that ruleset? They wouldn't be able to add any new knobs that way, but shouldn't they be able to twist the ones they already have as far as what opens when, xp rates, tradable loot, what unlocks when, and what client features are available without having to do any real server work?

mm other then perhaps adding a way to hide available xpacs on a per-server basis so these things wouldn't have any effect on the You own XX of YY expansions numbers...
  10. Trizek Augur

"Ultra Casual"

Well, I guess those players are going to be the laughing stock of the community.
  11. Jontrann Augur

Yeah right, if "ultra casual" means quicker exp rate then a lot of people will be ultra casual.
    andross77 and Rile like this.
  12. Machentoo Augur

Will be very interesting to see if this is true, if it is also paired with six month unlocks.
    Phinny4Life likes this.
  13. TLP Addict Augur

Personally I'm just glad they made an announcement and gave us an indication of what's happening.

I will look at the rulesets when they are released and make a decision on wether to move onto the next adventure or remain where I am.

At this point my only real concern is if the planned anniversary events will be accessible to TLP players or tuned for live lvls and gear.

Also, this thread...

[IMG]
  14. HoodenShuklak Augur

They vote with their wallets.

Most people don't post on forums. We are the minority.

What does your typical person do when they are done with a game? They simply log out and never come back.

And it's very apparent that there is a large sect of people who enjoy expansion launch madness and competition after playing on Agnarr. The server really did have a diverse group. And all my friends who loved the competition, well, ran out of competition.
  15. Elskidor Augur

Oh juicy! Please no longer than 3 month unlocks on either server though.
  16. Machentoo Augur

That's weird, since Agnarr was neither hardcore nor competitive.

There are a handful of guilds that have been hardcore on the TLP's. I've been a part of most of them, with time in both TL/WT and OGC, answering batphones at 2 AM, etc. To my knowledge, none of the players who actually have played hardcore are asking for a hardcore-specific server.
  17. Jontrann Augur

Correct, Neither Agnarr nor Coirnav had a competitive scene. FE destroyed the OW raiding scene on Agnarr and RI did it on Coirnav.
  18. Dilf Augur

Casuals rule, neckbeards drool.
    andross77 and TLP Addict like this.
  19. HoodenShuklak Augur

It was a niche game within the server... but it was there.
  20. Spayce Augur

Will be interesting to see just how many forum warriors really are as hard core as they claim to be and actually play on the hard core server. My guess: they will be rolling on the casual server and then bragging about how awesome they are.

Either way, 2 new TLP servers plus WoW Classic will all but kill Coirnav.

It was definitely fun to come back and relive the magic for a while though.
    andross77 likes this.