2 in a row - DeadLocked servers

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Maze, May 16, 2018.

1. Maze Elder

So, this is the 2nd patch that incompetence has crippled either:

A. Login Server.
    B. World Server.
    C. UCS.

Are we to expect this every single patch here-on out?

I've never seen such trouble running a compile and a query.

At the least, provide an acknowledgment that issues are happening and an ETA on the resolution. I never see Project1999 down for 6 hours for an update, then down for another 6-48 after the update.
    I don't know if it's your hardware, virtual environment, or just shortage of the team, but this impacts thousands of paying customers. I know I'd schedule an on-call engineering team during patch day/week to catch issues if they were to arise.
  2. WinnyH New Member

Uhh, there's a big red note at the top of the forums that says they are aware of the issue and working on it.
  3. Maze Elder

Would help to note, I wrote this about an hour ago, and it just posted.
  4. Goodnews Augur

Did they keep the fresh meat and let go the vets?
  5. WinnyH New Member

They've fixed it. =)
  6. Roxxlyy Augur

For the record, this didn't actually have to do with today's patch. Something went down on the back-end of things, which was unrelated!

Edit: This should also be resolved now.
  7. Tegila Augur

I agree about the patch getting screwed up yet again. The last one ended up taking 21? Hours in the end before one could play
    But that one was planned as 10. This one was planned as 6 and so far it's been 11, so expect another hour or 2 at this rate. I do agree with the..other... patches, and the former patchER: SOE, being much more efficient. Soe we'd have 3hr patches every 2 weeks, and rarely did it go over or back down for long periods of time immediately after. It happened, but not every time, and scheduled downtimes were much shorter. The bulk of the work on patchday, is updating the files to each server. The patches aren't 2 3 or 7 times bigger than before, they shouldn't take 2 3 or even 7 times as long. Once they've been updated they check quick (This is just presumption on my part though) then unlock. If the checking is being done right,the issues with crashing on server select shouldnt occur and certainly should be fixed faster as there's a very short checklist for that particular scenario.
  8. Tegila Augur

Note: i was typing the above post before the last few were posted.

So, while Windows decides to update on you in the middle of something, your hard drive decided to kick the bucket in protest and bam you're out 2 for 1. Sounds like fun.