19th Anniversary: Dreadspire Time Sink

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Poyzen Frawg, Mar 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smokezz The Bane Crew

You went to the group version of the zone with a raid?
  2. Critts Augur

Yes, we must ban people for this crush our player population do it Devs do it!!!!
  3. svann Augur

I gotta say, putting a carpet trap in the dinner room next to the quest guy is just mean.
  4. Rickate Augur

Turning in drops from previous runs can bug the mission, turned in 3 drops from previous mission, 2 were accepted by quest mob, looted 4 items in mission and the quest mob only accepted 1 of those items.
  5. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Well, that was a "feature" of the base zone - it has nothing to do with this task.
  6. smash Augur

I am surprised that there can come 2 anniv missions out where the hitting power of the mobs can be so different.

Here i think of the dreadspire and the LDoN ones.

The LDON is good while this one appears out of balance. This one should imo be like the LDoN.

Also might think on reducing number mobs in it.

This IS an anniv mission which imo should be FUN and enjoyable to do.
  7. Stephen51 Augur

I'm not sure this is because the drops from a previous run.

I spent about 3 hours getting as far as the ballroom. Pulling, dying, rezzing etc. I found the corresponding piece of food in the corner there, and thought my luck had changed. I went to hand it in, and I didn't get an update, or the item back. Three hours down the drain.
  8. feeltheburn Augur

and the stein
  9. feeltheburn Augur

they ll be banning 90% of the population on this one then, another anniversary task with a bonus doable as so many others before AND the walkthru for it is publicly advertised and stated in a respectable EQ source forum, not sure what they gonna do bout that .
  10. AB_H'Sishi Augur

The carpet trap was always there, it's the task NPC which got placed near said trap.

And as for the time sink ... the anniversary NPCs were just taken out (at least on AB server). Either they came back and will hand the rewards directly (without the task) or the tasks get debugged and we all have to go the long ways.
  11. smash Augur

Thing, I would recommend people to get it done this year.

Why, because next year there prob new expansion with no level increase and then mobs prob hit up above 50-55k.
  12. Tornicade_IV Augur

Those people clearing the entire zone. that's your penalty for not doing the mission right.
    if you don't know the zone or what belongs or doesn't belong. just goto regular dreadspire and scope it out.

see invis mobs just kill them and be on your way.

I haven't heard any crying about this mission on my server.

Ngreth already basically gave you the key to the mission yet many of you continue to rant.

Its a puzzle mission. some people like them.
  13. Thraine Augur

you guys should be careful. last time the devs screwed up they punished a bunch of players for it during progression
  14. smash Augur

As far I see, they up now .
  15. ClanDarkPaw New Member

When did a days worth of game play or less for potentially receiving a BIS item become a time sink? Artisans prize would be a time sink, alaran tear would be a time sink, doing epics in era a time sink, expansion progression in era a time sink, tradeskills... well you get the point. A couple hours of game play to maybe not get the results you intended only to maybe come back another day and try again for a highly rewarding prize is something I would love to have on a regular basis.
  16. Weebaaa Augur

I like the part where you go to talk to the Doorman and get slapped by two orcs through the door
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  17. Rickate Augur

The bonus loot is a puzzle that has been solved to the point many are pondering if it's an exploit to kill 1 mob for 6 augs.

The mission is not a puzzle, it's just killing a bunch of mobs and if one of the drops is on a Weapon Rack at the end of the South Spire it means killing all those mobs to reach that point and then taking 15 minutes per rack.

At higher levels the problem is needing a specific class to deal with eight 40k hitters at once, some classes can handle it easily, others not so much.
  18. kizant Augur

I'm impressed with how broken this quest is.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Kolani like this.
  19. Intenso Augur

all you need to do is zone in , find out what food he takes , say the class and then kill the murderer boom done like 1min
  20. Intenso Augur

also that means you can just add endless amount of people to come in and hail for reward ;p cause its not locked
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.