19th Anniv quest for AUG

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Raynrace, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Raynrace Augur

Just wanted to throw in some more feedback here. I didnt post in another thread because it would just get lost.

Warrior, Monk, Sk, Ranger, Nec and healer merc. Ranger and Nec are ROS raid geared, other 3 raid causal and have EOK raid gear and group mix.

All players in group I would consider good to great players.

This mission is too much. Will try again with a full ROS raid geared group to get it done but the tank died over and over and we just left pissed off. Not much of a celebration, yes he was using defensive discs. I had to heal on 2 or 3 mob pulls or we wipe.

You are pretty much alienating half the playerbase on this and yes Im a raider speaking up for casual players. You are forcing a perfect group make up with all great players or someone really good on IS boxer.

This needs a major tune down, its supposed to be an anniversary mission to get a nice aug, not a 3 plus hour grind with many deaths or wipes.

I really dont get your train of thought at this point... too many mobs, too many adds, mobs hit too hard and have too many hitpoints. The average person playing an hour or 2 a night will never get this.

Makes no sense.
    Kitekat, Corwyhn Lionheart and Kolani like this.
  2. Warpeace Augur

Its already on the block to be tuned down.
  3. Dreadmore Augur

Well, that's kind of the point of having forums with threads dedicated to one topic (it's why threads have titles). Kind of fitting that you missed the note in the other thread that it is getting tuned down, if it hasn't been already.
  4. segap Augur

The comment I saw on the "tune down" won't resolve most of the issues raised here. The only change I saw being made is reducing the number of trash that are not in the rooms where the clues drop. The rooms will still be just as packed. The mobs will still hit as hard and have just as many hp. The only difference will be how long it takes because you'll have to clear less between the rooms to get a safe spot to break the rooms from.
  5. Raynrace Augur

Nope we just tried it. 15 minutes ago. If they dropped mobs it wasn't enough, still stupid as crap. So yeah I posted another thread. If you dont like it dont post on it. I dont really care what you think about my decision on making a new one. I didn't miss the note my point is that isn't enough.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  6. Khat_Nip Meow

Is this just an assumption on your part that the hotfix has already been applied?
    I don't see mention of that anywhere.
  7. Eckish Lorekeeper

The reduction described was all non-important mobs would have an 80% chance to despawn. So, it depends on whether the whole room is marked as important or just the one mob that gives the update. If it is the latter, then the room pop will also be reduced.
  8. Dreadmore Augur

Maybe it hasn't been hotfixed yet. Have the necro single-pull. There are tons of adds, but single-pulling is still valid, and if you have an enchanter, they can mez all the trash.

Aren't you doing that, though: Posting about something you don't like? And didn't you want a separate thread for the visibility?

Of course you don't, but fortunately for your convenience, I didn't say what I thought about it.
  9. Stephen51 Augur

Ngreth said that mob strength was not being changed, only mob density/population.
  10. TheStugots Augur

Really not posting to say I did it, you can too, suck it up, etc...but I boxed this on Friday in a group of only RoS group gear. Zero raid gear from any expansion.

I agree 100% it needs to be tuned down, but it’s far from impossible. You just can’t steam roll it like you’re used to doing with raid gear. Take your time, pull smart and kill .
  11. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I agree in tuning down the mobs. As an anniversary task it should be doable by a wide range of players/group compositions.
  12. OrchardField Journeyman

With the +23 to backstab dmg, how about a few points to kick/bash...
  13. enclee Augur

I would have tuned this to be on the easier side, and make it a temporary event that people want to repeat over and over. Let the people have fun and enjoy the fun mission, interesting zone, and bonus xp. It's only a temporary event as a reward to your player base, better it get used repeatedly than once and never again.
  14. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Harder = More fun!

:rolleyes:
    ptah, EnchFWO and IblisTheMage like this.
  15. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

How about 80k a tick dots from random mobs and make em un rootable/mezable also.

In reality if I run this again, I’ll ... nm I wont.

But yes to the kick/bash damage please!
  16. kizant Augur

The quest would have been more fun if the aug had better stats the earlier you were able to guess the room/murderer.
    ptah and Sancus like this.
  17. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Or evolving aug, more stats the more anniversary checkmarks ya get!
    Yinla likes this.
  18. fransisco Augur

Ya, this whole expansion has misunderstood harder != funner. There is a HUGE difference between a fun challenge, an annoying challenge, and just stupid.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  19. svann Augur

It would have been more fun if you actually needed the clues to figure out a mystery.
    feeltheburn likes this.
  20. kizant Augur

Right, but if you're smart it should take less clues? Plus you're gambling a bit which adds to the fun. If you kill everything and collect all the clues you'd have to be pretty dumb to get it wrong. To me it's no different than a straight kill task at that point.