17th EQ Anniversary Dev Q&A

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Riou, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Riou EQResource

So Roshen has said that the Devs will entertain the idea of a player submitted Q&A for EQ's 17th Anniversary, likely as long as the Questions are appropriate and such (they will require Admin approval where Rorce and I will mark them as approved, inappropriate or duplicates, etc, before they can be Approved). Depending on Question amounts we receive, we are going to try to get 17 or 34 (no guarantee they will answer all of either, we wanted to do something fun for the 17th Anniversary and will try for the more appropriate one depending on amount).

Since the Questions require Admin Approval please be patient with us we will check it a few times a day each :p

Questions end on Saturday, March 19th, Midnight Pacific.
    Voting ends on Monday March 21st, Midnight Pacific

We have made a news post on EQ Resource with more info if you would like to know how you can participate: http://eqresource.com/board/index.php?topic=125735
  2. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Very nice of you guys to do this.

However, having to create an account just to view them seems excessive. I understand needing an account to post but just to look at them?

Also, some more detail about what kinds of questions should be asked would be nice. Do all questions have to be about the Anniversary or can they be any questions about the status of EQ (new expansion, necro nerfs, etc.)? Are they supposed to be questions like, "Are there going to be any new Anniversary quests this year?", or are they supposed to be trivia questions?

In other words, is this just a substitute for an IRC chat where we ask Devs any questions or is this a special Anniversary Q&A?
  3. Faana Augur

Everyone should have an EQ Resource account anyway!
    Riou likes this.
  4. Zaknaffein Augur

Question: Why are monks so OP?
  5. Zaknaffein Augur

Question: When will rioux get lvl 105 and raid with Freelance?
  6. Zaknaffein Augur

Joking aside I'll come up with a serious question later and post it up there.. something pertaining to the current teams direction of the game, or how they view each class and thier roles in grouping/raiding given all of the recent changes to multiple classes power.

Better up vote that !
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  7. Mistatk Augur

It would be fun to ask them what role they see for Warriors, now that they gave Knights 24/7 35% mitigation, but i suspect that won't get asked or answered past something like the vague non-sense they posted when they did it. Could ask them why they said quality would come before pushing out a broken expansion, but then they did exactly what they said they wouldn't. Could ask why anyone would believe anything they say at this point.
  8. Riou EQResource

They can be questions on anything related to EQ as long as they aren't like flaming the Devs or being rude :p. I took off the account needed to see all approved questions being voted on thing :).
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

It's unfortunate this can't be run on the forums here. Appreciate EQResource hosting it but too bad it isn't an official EQ thing done here.
    Indrigoth and Faana like this.
  10. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I would say that it had something to do with saving DB costs, but the company has always done things on fan sites that should have been done on company sites instead.
  11. Iila Augur

In this case, it's to help promote EQR. There's not many EQ fansites, and it's important to support the ones that are still around.
    Sheex and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  12. Riou EQResource

For this thing it was something we were talking with Roshen about, if we didn't try, it would have never been done or considered most likely. We were thinking of something special for Anniversary (we try to think of different things each year that might be fun), then we just bring it up to Roshen to see if it is feasible or not. They of course promised nothing for this Q&A thing, though I would like to think they would answer at least something special like 17 of them (Roshen likes stuff like this that matches the Anniversary year and that :p).

I think this is sort of possibly why starting with Piestro (and Roshen carrying it over) the CM's themselves have stopped doing contests and stuff. From Piestro and on they have been fine with providing us (and other fan sites who ask) with contest rewards as long as we made it fair and open to everyone to have a chance at winning. Basically it puts all the work on us (fan sites) instead of on the CM themselves to provide "fun" stuff to the community. As long as shady stuff isn't happening, it is probably win/win for them.

So you can still get contests that will likely be faster to prize giving and all that, but all the work is on the fan site instead of their own resources they could spend else where.

This is also probably, I know they like fan sites for their games, since they are beneficial.

I also like to think that some of the stuff we run like Housing Contests make people spend DBC and that to decorate houses for them. Or they see the houses and try to copy them :p. So it is something fun for people who love housing, while also having people possibly put time/money/"housing innovation" back into the game to participate in it.
  13. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Nowadays yes, but back in the day when they would do all of those Dev chats only at one specific site and you had to sign up for that site even if you had no use for it to attend. That was more of what I was referring to in my previous post. I'm all for promoting the good and reliable fansites that are still around or have started up in recent years.
  14. Riou EQResource

Just 4 days left of Question taking, then the extra 2 days of Voting :)
    CrazyLarth and Sancus like this.
  15. Riou EQResource

So from this post there are only about 12 hours left until question taking will end, then only votes for 2 days :)
  16. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Looking at http://eqresource.com/17annyqa.php?allqs=yes I see question 6 is:
    • Will there be any 17th year anniversary quests/missions/items?
    I think this has already been answered. (hint, it is yes, the drunken gnome races and Hate's Fury group/raid).
  17. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Riou do you think you could organize a live stream on Twitch with you & Rorce asking the questions and Roshen, Prathun, Windstalker, Dzarn etc (whoever is going to answer) answering the questions? I think that would be very cool.
  18. Riou EQResource

Yea, we can look at seeing which ones have been answered pre-submission and move them out or something.

Not for this one, Roshen ended this one: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...-miss-the-17th-anniversary-livestream.231523/ with a Question of what you'd like to see them stream in the future and that, might be able to ask them feasibility on doing a bigger community Q&A session or something about the game, maybe show some hints or future zone plans with it too :p
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  19. Riou EQResource

There is only around 17 hours left to vote on the questions, we will double check through them once voting ends and pull out the ones that have been answered / source-able in the like 2.5 weeks since it started (such as the one Fanra pointed out a few posts above) and probably add those at the end in an Already Answered section.
  20. Kravitz Augur

What quests and missions did they implement for "actual" group players?:p
    disgruntled and Ibadan Kun'Tirel like this.