16th Anniversary, Heroic Adventure changes, and Testing

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Prathun, Mar 2, 2015.

1. fortuneteller Augur

I read the post by updates, from a wabbit, there it sounds like it still need some adjustments Down in difficulty.

They 16th anniv tasks should still be so that people can be them, even the average players.

It is not fun if they gonna be adjusted during the 6 weeks, because of too hard or bugged like on the Piestro (14?) anniv missions.
  2. Silv Augur

They still have 11 days (or at least some of that if it goes into design lock) before they go live and people on Test have reported the devs are actively working with them. Compared to previous releases, it sounds like this may be one of the smoothest compared to many (/wave Piestro's mission and PoWar for example :confused:). It is more of a shame for people on Test since they'll probably lose out two weeks of "properly tuned" missions since historically, the stuff ends early since it started early.
    Lisandra likes this.
  3. Lisandra Augur

I'm still pushing for them to tune Cleansing The Grounds to be more accessible to the average player. As an experienced player & raid veteran (raided up through T2 COTF) and with other similar players with similar skills & gear, we can't beat it yet on Test & we've ran it 7 times spending 14+ hours on it. Hopefully we'll here something soon from one of the devs that's been working on it. Whtrabbit means well but he probably didn't consider that the average player may not be as skilled, have as much time or the same kind of gear that he does. If he runs it a few times like we did he might change his mind about it needing to be tuned/tweaked.
    Silv likes this.
  4. Silv Augur

Yeah... I've kept up with all of the posts in regards to these missions. I was a little surprised to see his post saying it would be okay provided you have exactly XYZ (and I have nothing against him, I don't know him so hopefully no offense!). As much as it pains me to say, I don't think any (group) content should require a single class, in this case, Enchanter [maybe Bard]. Raids are a different story so not applicable here.

Since these were player designed missions... I'd LOVE to see a transcript of them talking about this mission and compare it to what was put in game. I know that doesn't exist but it certainly would be fascinating IMO. :D
  5. Mintalie Augur

^^^ times a million... seriously, can I like this post any more?

Holy I missed this! Super duper amazeballs! This makes it a significant upgrade. Thanks, DGC!
    Caell and Iila like this.
  6. fortuneteller Augur

What is a bit worrying is that it is apparently still too hard, according to Lis, and only 11 days from release.

Hopefully it does not end as PoW Raid ended, which imo was a failure, of being too hard and had to be so people can go there all year.
    And most guilds can still not beat it, even after a level increase.

Also, imo the newest anniv stuff should not only have a time where it is active of 6 weeks, it should be avaialble for at least 10 weeks.
    Yinnie the Pink likes this.
  7. fortuneteller Augur

There should also be some who take a look at the 15th anniv mission(PoWar), the catapult AE. When at lvl 105, it is doing too much damage.

That, or the power of the aug need to increase, as people level up.
  8. guado Augur

You know how pizza shops, to drive up business on a slow day, will offer some kind of unique "deal..." ( TEN DOLLARS FOR A LARGE TWO TOPPING PIZZA OMG )

Anniversary season has felt like this since I've been back. So much time / energy / resources are being spent on temporary content. Yeah it's reused every year. But when can I play this game and have like .... not temporary content to consume?... Just a thought.
    Yinnie the Pink likes this.
  9. Dizbo New Member

It says the heroic mission xp will be modified on the next full update, does anyone know when that will be? Im looking foward to that.
    Also, does anyone remember the level cap when the nagafen raid went live? I remember two grouping it sucessfully and was wondering if it could be done ith less than 2 groups at level 105, the 50ac aug would be a nice upgrade.
  10. Yinnie the Pink Elder

July/august time
  11. Zantor Augur

And for those of us that are max merc AA, some new merc AA's would be nice sometime in the future.
  12. Lisandra Augur

The next update is tentatively scheduled for March 25th according to the "On The Horizon" post that Holly made today.
  13. segap Augur

Hastened revival would be a good start. Having groups grind to a halt for 5 minutes is not fun. Having to play games with dropping group members to pop a merc for a rez or dismissing dead mercs to pop someone else's is not fun.
  14. Katonis New Member

The majority of the new missions have been tested and from what I have seen and heard should not an issue for most players, even in average gear. The one Lisandra was speaking about in the Grounds needs further work. We still have some time so hopefully it will get smoothed out.
    Lisandra likes this.
  15. gander Augur

And half the EQ community could care less. Where's our TLP?
  16. Milfurd Augur

"In addition, mercenaries will get a much larger experience gain at the completion of a Heroic Adventure."

Does this mean less experience for the player(s)?
  17. Indian New Member

Too bad it is useless to those of us unfortunate enough to be unable to pay the subscription fee.
    Good luck with the pearl, I hope you get it =)

Quaand
  18. Tobin Augur

I just wanted to say THANK YOU for this change.
    Yimin and Zujilli like this.
  19. Missbow New Member

There are plenty of ways to subscribe to this game without paying rl money. I have 2 accounts and one is all access by kronos and time I've bought from players in game. Its not hard to farm the money to pay for them if you actually put forth the effort
    Lisandra likes this.
  20. Yimin Augur

Sorry too hear that Quaaad , but thank you for the good luck wish hehe

Yimin