15th Anniv aug

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Mistatk, May 10, 2014.

1. Mistatk Augur

Was wondering between the Hdex, Hsta and Hagi aug which one tanks would prefer, assuming blocks of 25 isn't a factor and your goal is primarily tanking current raids boss where mob strikethrough can be 100%.
  2. Tearsin Rain Augur

well if you eliminate all possible context to just 'all you do is tank raid boss named', then obviously the hsta aug is the best one, followed by hagi (maybe, i'm still dubious about the claim that hagi is giving any real AC), then hdex.
    that's pretty much a no-brainer if you only by that one metric.
  3. feiddan Augur

If you aren't going to gain any 25 blocks, then HSta would be best in your short term interest.

Until you start upgrading your gear, of course…
  4. Mistatk Augur

Why until you start upgrading gear? assuming you mean because then you'll have to reconsider 25 point blocks. Would any 25point block help tanking the strike through bosses? 25agi give you more dodge. 25hdex more parry/riposte. Seems like hsta would be only one that matters, even factoring in 25 point marks if your only speaking for the strikethrough raid bosses.
  5. Ravengloome Augur

Get the 8 heroic strength one for more shield AC?

Or better yet Stack Heroic charisma augs, Looking pretty while tanking > Survival
  6. Daegun Augur

I'd just get one and then replace it if another better one drops.

For me, I'll still probably go for agi/dex in the vain hope that raid mobs won't always have 100% strike through in the future.
  7. Orbital101 Augur

sorry but i dont gamble with luck... I need something that is fix and will gain something out of it rather then push the RNG by a small amount that is barelly noticeable. Hsta for me rest goes to how I shape my skills on a sunny day.
  8. Mistatk Augur

looks like most would go for hsta, for HP you can see and know the usefulness. or hagi for the defensive gains according to the formula posted in ac vs ac2 post.
  9. Makavien Augur

Heroic Dex > Agil > Stam > Str

Strikethrough will get fixed sometime and doesn't effect group or add tanking when your pulling more then 1 npc at a time the avoidance helps more then the tiny bit of mitigation.

Heroic stamina gives like what 100 hp per 1 or something silly that is not going to save you.
    I tried to figure it out quick like and it seems 16 stam is 1185 hp so maximum 25ish k hp with 16 stamina in every slot of gear plus you lose all the other mitigation and avoidance.

Heroic strength has been rumored to be bugged since it was released until that is 100% confirmed I wouldn't worry about much except like someone else stated 90 intervals to get the most benefit.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  10. Triconix Augur

1 heroic stamina is like 18-20 hp, not 100hp. My 8 heroic stamina aug (with no base hp) adds roughly 160hp, give or take a bit.

As for myself, I go heroic dex all day every day. It doesn't make sense to lose out on raw defensive checks for a couple hundred hp. I fiddled around with magelo a bit and put the best stamina augs in game for me while replacing my higher ac and heroic stat augs. I gained roughly 1000hp and lost almost 200ac and a couple thresholds of heroic dex/agil. That's a no go for me. 1,000hp is peanuts in today's EQ. Go defensives.

Even with 100% strikethrough raid mobs (I'm sure this will change), I do a lot more tanking outside raids than I do inside raids. On any given raid night, one war will tank a handful of raid bosses max. Even though I'm 1,000hp less than I could be, I have much more ac and I have a fail safe aug set up for any future changes. 1000hp won't make a noticeable difference, especially when you lose ac at the same time.

It boils down to personal wants. Do you want your magelo showing higher hp or not? Will you feel more comfortable with that little bit more hp? Do you feel comfortable with raw defensives? Just's just preference. My personal preference is dex > agil > sta.
  11. Makavien Augur

My bad I just did a quick look by removing a piece of armor and checking the difference with and without it .
    I have read the exact amount somewhere but since it is so tiny and avoidance is the best thing to focus on (as any class) I am not even sure where I seen it listed.
  12. Daegun Augur

To be brutally honest I am underwhelmed with heroics in general. Their importance is drastically overestimated. Ony recent parses I found the difference between raid and group gear warrior just over 5% in avoidance - factoring in both the big jumps in heroic agi/dex as well as the dodge and parry focus improvements on the raid gear.

In the end, as long as you're using augments with solid base ac and hit points - you really can't go wrong. 8 stam vs str vs agi vs dex ... Really doesn't amount to much in the end. Yes the benefit is there, but on the scale we're discussing it is almost unparsably small.
  13. feiddan Augur

Heroics are absolutely underwhelming, and the gains that you get from focusing on any one of them are tiny.

Sort any class by a heroic. Compare #1 to #50 - the difference is, at most, a few clusters (or, in ideal conditions, about 4% in one area). They've all been mudflated.

HDex is 0.8% parry and 0.8% riposte, per 25. HAgi is 1% dodge, plus its benefits to AC, per 25. HStr +1 base damage per 10, plus benefits to shield AC which may or may not be working. HSta is +18hp or so per 1, depending on class, and provides some negligible regen benefit.

For the most part, the best augs in the game choose themselves, with a combination of AC, HP, and a defensive heroic. These anniversary augs give us a "choice," but really it's just an excuse to run the same quick mission over and over again for negligible rewards.
  14. Pwnography Augur

I picked Sta. Why? No reason.

Look, ultimately it sounds like you're like me. I raid tank. That's what I do. I could really care less about what's beneficial in 'groups' because, well, lets be honest in the fact that we steamroll that without any problems. Who cares. The choice is really between HSta and HAgi. Given Dzarn's calculations, I'd pick HAgi over all. I found that the calculated benefits of a 32 AC/8HAgi aug were double those of a 40 AC/HDex aug when ran them (assuming full strikethrough). I've determined Dex is be a fluff stat that I typically avoid.

But, as Tearsin states, the benefits really aren't tangible enough to see. I fully agree. I've seen the HAgi aug. I was too lazy to even find my current one, delete it, and switch. If you're trying to min/max, the argument is either in the Agi or Sta realm, depending on your thoughts. I pick either and call it a good day without worrying.
  15. Wiji Elder

You really can't go wrong with any Aug that has 40+ac, HP, and at least Dex/agi/sta. That's my strategy at least.
  16. Dibab Augur

I go almost all agi and dex augs in my gear. Why not sta? Id rather avoid or mitigate the hit than take 120hp less damage. With anything hitting over 5k what does 120 hp really matter. This isnt anguish.
  17. Triconix Augur

This.