15 years & back please advise

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Vlad75, May 14, 2016.

1. Vlad75 New Member

My friend and I are returning after a break of many years. We are both lvl 65 but are unsure if we should do a full reboot or continue with existing characters. We are on Cazic Thule. Should we stay there or pick a different server? Is there enough of a community to help us reintegrate back into the game?
  2. Iila Augur

CT is a fine server, with a good population. CT, Bristlebane, and Xegony are my top 3 recommendations for live servers, due to population and number of raiding guilds.

Almost nothing currently on your characters will matter once you hit 85+. And leveling to 65ish should only take a few days if you were to each start from 1 and use old world dungeons for exp. Don't feel locked into a class you don't like just because it's what you leveled up a decade ago.

Sub-90 players are going to be sparse on live servers, but the community is nice enough to answer most of your questions. Feel free to ask things in general chat, and try to find a newbie friendly guild. I'm sure someone will come along with a recommendation for one soon enough.
    Borek-VS likes this.
  3. Platrat Journeyman

I’m in the same boat, as I left the Brell server when Luclin first came out to play DAoC.

If you and your friend choose to keep your old characters, I would suggest hitting the AA Autogrant button, one of you get a healer and one a tank merc, than hitting the bazar for defiant and other upgrades. Run your daily Teek quests for your level hotzones to get decent gear. As mentioned above, life pre 90s will be mostly a ghost town. Farm Seb if you need coin..

If you start over, you can go through the tutorial zone, and will come out ~lv 10 with full armor with stats that will blow your current raid gear out of the water. I would also suggest you or your friend start a FTP account, and that is just for the merc slot. You can stick the character on /follow and forget about it. A Healer, Tank (set to main tank), and melee DPS merc trio can PL you to 65 without breaking a sweat with a week or so of casual play.

Alamar has good guides to check out things and where to go to level..

http://almarsguides.com/
  4. Dilf Augur

FV is a good server choice to add to the list. I personally think it's pretty cool that you can purchase no-drop raid items and there are a few raid guilds there as well. I've also seen 2 General chats open up due to the population, so that is a plus too.
    Rhodz likes this.