1440p Velious style UI here

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pizzanomicon, May 20, 2022.

1. Pizzanomicon Augur

My upload was approved , so here's my WIP of 1440p'ifying purelymoxie's Velious themed UI.

https://www.eqinterface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=6899

Feel free to give any suggestions or point out anything wonky. I'm hoping to do some more testing in the next few days to iron anything out.

Also, I will likely not being doing anything for 4k. Very unlikely.
    Stymie, Skuz and Barton like this.
  2. Stymie Pendragon

Thank you for taking the time to work on this. I haven't downloaded it yet, but is the text larger when typing in the text box as well?
    Pizzanomicon likes this.
  3. Pizzanomicon Augur

Yes, actually I need to put a section in the notes to tell people how to change that because it might be too big for some, but the font sizes in EQ are janky and don't work how one would think. Sometimes the higher you go the smaller it gets, but like size 8 and 10 are both good for 1440p. I chose 10 this time around. You still have to /chatfontsize 8 or whatever you like for the incoming chat.
    Stymie likes this.
  4. Stymie Pendragon

Thanks for clarifying. I messed around a while back, but I couldn't get the text while I typed to be readable. I play on a 3440x1440 34" curved Alienware monitor for reference.
    Pizzanomicon likes this.
  5. Pizzanomicon Augur

Are you just running the client at 2560x1440 windowed or something ?
  6. Stymie Pendragon

No, I run it in native when I play, but it's too hard to read for now. I'm looking forward to the UI revamp slated for sometime in the near future though.
    Pizzanomicon likes this.
  7. Pizzanomicon Augur

Well if you can't read chat input at font 10 you're actually out of luck because that's the max as far as I know. I tried 11 and 12 and it straight up crashed the game.