120 Necro Line Up

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Narri, Jun 29, 2022.

1. Narri New Member

Hey guys, having just picked up my necro after my TLP stint, I've got her to 118 with soon to be 120 after I finish ToL paragon things.

I've been watching videos and looking at different guides but I'm curious to know what the best set up is for DPS. Are we still using CoV spells even if we get rk2/3 of ToL? Are there any macros to make things a bit easier for us as far as efficiency is concerned?

I have been on the TLP's for about a year now so I feel really out of the loop on anything happening Live side. Any advice, tips and tricks are appreciated. :)
  2. zleski Augur

3. Narri New Member

Yep! I did take a look at that, I just wasn't sure if that was still accurate as the first video says don't use ToL spells. I've now gotten my rk2 ToL sorted, so I wondered if I should be using those, and was also hoping to get some burn advice as well. It's been a while since I made up any burn macros, so I'm hopefully not over lapping anything.
  4. Silu Elder

Yes, you should use your ToL rank 2s over CoV rank 3s. The reason that was not recommended initially was due to the lack of slot 3 augs for ToL spells on expansion release. The spells from CoV you may still use would be the Alliance line and the CoV combo disease DoT. The ToL disease DoTs are more damage, but the freed-up spell gem and ease of application of the CoV combo DoT will make it more effective in a lot of raid and group situations. Just make sure to set your slot 3s according to whatever spells are in your main lineup.

Necros aren't macro-friendly for casting, but a quick and easy burn hotkey is Spire+Heretic's Twincast+Mercurial Torment+Hand of Death. Hand of Death has a cast time, so it needs to be furthest to the right in the hotbar to allow the others to insta-cast before it is triggered. Add Power Glyph and Gathering Dusk (once all DoTs are applied) for max burns.
  5. Nightops Augur

You should also keep in mind your ranks of Focus tab AAs. If you do not have the ToL ranks for your focus lines, you should not change your spells from CoV to ToL.

I would advise getting the first rank of ToL focus for your spells as you move up in levels. I personally went all XP towards AA from expansion release and used the merc/part/hero rewards for the level XP. I finished off the level with overseer's and a few ground spawn collection sets (ToL sets give 2%xp +18AA at lvl 120).
  6. Tatanka Joe Schmo

This is good advice, if you're really trying to max out DPS.

I'm always way behind on AAs, and usually have none of my focus lines anywhere near current. In fact, most of them are where auto-grant leaves them!

So, when ToL came out, I upgraded all my spells. Which was fine, til I got one of my focus lines up to ToV/CoV levels. At that point, it was better to switch back to the previous spell, until getting the focus up to ToL levels.