12 years? I feel so old :)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Aradune, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Salorf New Member

Well said, Thebobo. Honestly, the ONLY thing that will bring me back to EQ full time is Brad. I have been playing for a couple days since this announcement, it is an entirely different game than the original EQ, but I'm willing to give it a shot to experience even a fraction of what my time was like back then. I only wish that they would bring back an item-loot pvp server.
  2. Starla Elder

Pally? Bah...should have been a cleric .... Oh well.
    Welcome back Brad! :)
  3. Axxius Augur

Here's an idea: at SOE Live this year, can we have a panel on the old EQ (original through Velious) design, quests, lore? There are so many questions only Brad could answer...
  4. Talif Augur

I have been seriously considering making it to SOE-Live this year, since it's pretty apparent you aren't headed back to GenCon anytime soon. A panel like this would pretty much seal the deal for me.
  5. SALTDOG Lorekeeper

I almost went to it last year, anticipating EQN info, glad I didn't lol. THIS year however...
  6. Fenthen aka Rath

Da-mn all that Ethereal Mist armor!

..and the Fabled Furor in his not-so-awesomely-brown Indicolite armor
  7. Whim Augur

Oh that SS is hot! ;)
  8. Mallaien New Member

Its been a long time.... and I found a unopened original everquest cd... most likely not a first print, they still came in boxes.. this is a non expansion CD with original art and plastic wrapped. made me want to check out the state o the game.
  9. Aradune Lorekeeper

Yes!
    Mellifleur likes this.
  10. Aradune Lorekeeper

I'm very much a fan of alternate ruleset servers... PvP, RP, hard core, progression, classic, etc.

Implementing one requires 1. that we have enough time/resources to develop it (code, etc.) and 2. that we have enough interest and servers to make such a server viable.

Being so newly returned to the team, I don't know the answers to 1 or 2, but I will ask around.

-Brad
  11. Aradune Lorekeeper

Nice! On Friday we celebrated EQ's birthday with all the people still here at SOE that had worked on the initial release. It was a lot of fun, and people brought old design docs, EQ boxes, toys, beta CDs, etc.

-Brad
  12. Aradune Lorekeeper

Interesting from a technical standpoint. I've no idea as to the legal aspects however.
  13. Aradune Lorekeeper

As I mentioned in another post, I love alternate ruleset servers. Whether or not we have the time and resources and whether or not such a server would be viable I don't know.

-Brad
  14. Aradune Lorekeeper

LOL :)
  15. Aradune Lorekeeper

1. Don't know

2. Maybe

3. Don't remember

4. Don't know

5. I'd love for Bill Trost to return, but I understand he's very happy at Trion.

6. Likely D&D. Pretty sure Kevin McPherson came up with the Shissar. I will ask him.

-Brad
  16. Aradune Lorekeeper

*blush*

My design duties do take priority, but I can fit in time to post, no worries.

-Brad
  17. Aradune Lorekeeper

Bill Trost would know best... I seem to recall he was going to be part of a zone we had to cut, and so we used him for GM events instead.

-Brad
  18. Aradune Lorekeeper

Nice to see those old screenshots! Definitely brought back some great memories! Thanks to those that posted them.

-Brad
    Mellifleur likes this.
  19. Aradune Lorekeeper

Thank you for coming back and giving it a try!

-Brad
  20. Aradune Lorekeeper

I do hope to attend SOE Live this year and being on a panel would be a blast!

-Brad
    Imrahil likes this.