12 years? I feel so old :)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Aradune, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Talif Augur

People didn't believe that I *wasn't* him when I created a bard named Fansy on the (new at the time) Firona Vie server. Stopped playing him after a few hours because people wouldn't leave me alone or believe me >.<
    Mykaylla likes this.
  2. Arwyn-RoV Augur

Shoulda invited them to south ro and trained them.
    Starla and Mykaylla like this.
  3. russmac316 New Member

You're welcome! EverQuest was entrenched in my teenage years I feel like I kinda grew up with it. It's incredible to have the opportunity to communicate with the person who made it all a reality.

Man...the nostalgia trips are crazy. I know people call it like the "first love" syndrome but honestly the game really was that good.

Sad to hear you may not be involved with Next but I do understand, I'm sure you guys have more than enough on your plate. I just hope the team working on it is taking a close look at the original EQ for inspiration :D
  4. Swampfunk New Member

Whoa, welcome back Mr. McQuaid ... I wonder if Woody has created a new "The Vision" comic to celebrate the occasion.

/wave to all the old folks hiding around here, nice to see a few familiar names
  5. Aradune Lorekeeper

It would indeed be pretty cool if Woody made a new comic...
    Swampfunk likes this.
  6. Ardent New Member

How am I just now hearing about this?

Welcome back Aradune! :) Best of luck going forward...
  7. Galidin Journeyman

How we know it's the real aradune? ... trivia time...

Which was live in beta first: Qalia or Thestra?
    Which safehouse mod turned dev got sprayed with pepper spray?
    Where the hell was the original fiery avenger quest?

You know they brought him back JUST so we couldn't that no ones left on EqLive who played EQ... though i'm 99% sure someone will still post "I had a lvl 50 before you even knew what EQ was."

... man it'd be awesome if Furor would come back from WoW and flame Aradune... old times!

Galidin
  8. Talif Augur

He answers that fiery avenger question earlier in this thread =p
    Mykaylla likes this.
  9. Galidin Journeyman

Ah, so he did! ... Ok new question: WHY DO YOU HATE PALADINS?! (Also, how is your new paladin going? :) )

Galidin
  10. Galidin Journeyman

Oh and props for the Sam from LOTR quote :)

Galidin
  11. Aradune Lorekeeper

1. Thestra
    2. No clue
    3. addressed in earlier post

-Brad
  12. Galidin Journeyman

Glip (aka nick) is very sad you forgot his parking lot macing!

Glad to have you back Brad! Now go develop something good. It may of been 12 years but we players are just as demanding as when you had Abashi prodding the crowd of us back with our pitchforks and fires!

Galidin
  13. Shang Augur

14. Aradune Lorekeeper

Very cool, Woody, thanks!
  15. Obiziana Augur

Excellent! I didn't realize /GU ever did EQ stuff anymore!
  16. Talif Augur

He's almost done doing /GU stuff!

Also, I think it's time for the BFG quest to go live again. All the reasons for removing it are gone!
    Sinestra likes this.
  17. Zahrym Augur

Come on, he wasn't training...just protecting the road, spice must flo etc...
  18. lagkills Slain by Fippy while guards stood and watched.

Did the lead developer hard coded your paladin so that when you med you have to look at your spell book and it takes up the whole screen? ;)
  19. Aradune Lorekeeper

No, the screen is black for me -- I'm meditating with my eyes closed, memorizing spells after all.

Oh, and when I die my items remain on my corpse. Of course, the corpse disappears after an hour or so.

Good times!

-Brad

(note, this was a joke and I do not in fact support the above)
  20. Darchon_Xegony Augur

[IMG]

Confirmed ranger!

EDIT: Found screenshot of him trolling paladins:

[IMG]
    Mykaylla and Beimeith like this.