113th enchanter molo/solo possible?

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Agrippa, Dec 15, 2022.

1. Agrippa Augur

Good day! I've come back to Norrath after a lengthy hiatus. I really haven't done much beyond TDS, but I've purchased all of the expansions up through current. The 110+ experience nerf is hitting pretty hard, though, and I've yet to find anywhere relevant that I can solo or molo efficiently. I was capped for my AA during TDS, but I've definitely slipped behind the curve there. I'm wondering if any of the fine folk in this community might have any recommendations for soloing and/or moloing in ToV content and beyond.

I got quite spoiled with the 106th level tiny dagger pet, I think, as it could tank against single trash mobs reasonably well. In my experience, so far, though, the 111th tiny dagger pet seems little more than a speed bump. I've been able to stun to keep the poor thing going, but it seems rather useless. I'm wondering if there's anything that I can do to make the little guy a bit more durable?

I'm also curious about using charmed pets. My experience is quite limited, but the charmed pets that I've tried didn't seem to do much damage at all. They were, however, quite a bit more healthy than my tiny dagger pets. I have to take very frequent breaks, so charming isn't something that I can do regularly, but I'm wondering if I may be doing something entirely wrong with charmed pets, too.

I've been able to do content up until ToV, but I seem to have hit quite a wall here. And this is the first expansion designed for 111th through 115th, no? Every single trash mob that I've tried to solo or molo has taken four to five dot cycles, plus, I've been using about half of my mana from using dds. I'm still a bit unsure how the grinding exp nerf works exactly, but I'm getting between 0.1-0.5% of regular experience per kill with lesson going. Nothing that I've been able to do solo or molo seems to be efficient at all for regular experience. Most likely it would be possible to do some of the mercenary tasks in ToV solo, but, again, it's taking quite a long time just to kill any trash mobs, even with a charmed pet. Any feedback or suggestions that relate to enchanter soloing and/or moloing in ToV and beyond would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Edit: Now that I'm thinking about it more, perhaps I should be working more on my AA during these periods. If anyone might recommend a good place to start there, that would certainly be appreciated, too. Thank you again.
  2. Treiln Augur

1) treat your animation as any other pet. Full set of pet armor/weapons and buffs. Mix in a few of your Runes as well to help mitigate incoming damage.

2) charmed pets: reverse charm - charm a mob, send it in against 1-2-3 other mobs. It’ll get beat up fairly quickly. When it gets low, break charm and charm another mob in the group. Use new charmed mob to finish off your low hp mob. Rinse and repeat until all mobs are dead. Last one to go down should only have like 15-20% hp to worry about taking care of yourself.

3) exp nerf - not so much a nerf, they just moved a lot of the experience from killing mobs away and over into completing tasks/missions (mercenary/partisans/hero/champion), starting in ToV. Mercenary quests are just kill quests and easy enough. Partisan is about the same difficulty (or lack thereof) and you should have no problems solo/molo’ing these. Missions are another story.

Levels > AA in terms of power while under the level cap
  3. kizant Augur

You need your AAs. Don't just rush to level if you're a solo caster. Focus AAs for drown, mind*, synergy, and max enhanced ruin for sure. It also helps to just root rott a couple things at a time.
  4. Alnitak Augur

Yes, ToV is the first expansion past level 110. And it's the first expansion with the altered way of progression (commonly refered as mob experience nerf, which is not mob killing experience and not a nerf al all).
    Here are the numbers to consider:
    Good experience mobs prior to lvl 110 were GMM (Gnome Memorial Mountain - zone introduced just past TBL release) orcs. Those mobs range in level from 108 to 111 (mostly), have about 6-7 million HP and hit somwhere in the range of 30-35K per hit.
    Back in the days, those were relatively easy and quick to kill and rewarded with 0.5-0.6 % of level experience per kill.
    When ToV was released my group actually grinded up their level to 113 in GMM (beastlord warder was upgraded with lvl 113 spell) and then moved to ToV zones. And it took me just a couple of weeks to go from 110 to 113 with casual play.

And here what I've encountered in ToV entry zones: trash is level 109-116, has 15 to 18 million HP, hit 40-45K on average and barely give the same 0.5-0.6 % of level experience per kill.
    2.5-3 times fatter mobs, harder hitting for the same reward. It took longer to kill those, more difficult to tank and kill experience was meager.
    However ... BIG however, there was a massive change in questing experience rewards. Typical Mercenary and Partisan tasks were not more difficult (in relative terms) than previous expansion quests. What was new - Achevement rewards for Mercenary and Partisan completion. 12 to 15 % of the level for Mercenary, 20-25% for Partisan, and good 40-50% of the level for Hero mission achievement.
    20 second fight against Griklor (that is Eastern Wastes Hero mission, modern days fight) rewards with the same amount of experience as killing 100 mobs, 400-500 DoT cycles (in your estimation), which is about 10 hours of gameplay.
    Of course, a solo player (enchanter in your case) can not possibly win Griklor mission.
    Enter the group game or Task-Add market (people, who do those missions frequently offer to /taskadd other players for the reward. Some pp gets exchanged though).

Bottom line - mobs do not give out less experience per kill as before. In fact they give ever more experience per kill. It's the experience required to level is wastly increased past 111. And instead of giving out outsized kill experience reward for trash grinding DPG decided to steer players into everQUESTING path of leveling. Overall it takes even less time to level up these days, just not on a molo road.

Bottom line - molo enchanter will have to grind for eternity or join a guild or find friends for group progression. Pick whichever way is more pleasant for you.
  5. Agrippa Augur

Thank you all for the replies. Pretty much, it's sounding as if ToV, at least, if not all of the content beyond it, too, has been designed for full groups only. I'll have to go back and bottomfeed on much older content for any reasonable soloing or moloing. Just taking some adjustments to get used to the newer system in place.
  6. Treiln Augur

Gnome Memorial Mountain may be a good place for you to check out :)
  7. Agrippa Augur

GMM wasn't much faster, though my tiny dagger pet did absolutely fine there. I think that I just wasn't being realistic at all. Moving from TDS into anything relevant without keeping AA capped out isn't going to cut it. Working on AA now, needless to say. Thank you all again for the feedback and suggestions.
    kizant likes this.
  8. demi Augur

a 113 enchanter can solo in ToV very easily .. I would recomend charm kitting , however root rot does work just a bit slower .. exp when solo will be slower than in a group setting no matter where you are.. but it can be done ..
    dont forget to do your overseer .. that can be 5 to 10%xp per day ..