110 Solo Necro - Where to start

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Rarp_Snaggletooth, Dec 16, 2021.

1. Rarp_Snaggletooth New Member

Hi All,

I finished power leveling my necro to 110 the other day and did the J5 Merc quest and subbed for autogrant/purchased TOL. (does autogrant continue at 111 or do I have all that i'm going to get?)

What would you do next as a solo necro? AA's? Augs? Continue leveling?

Also what are the top 5-10 AA you would max out?

I haven't really been active in a while and have no idea where to start.

Thanks, in advance!
  2. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

I would work on partisan and merc task progression in EOK zones if I were you. Good aa / xp / rewards until you get your sea legs.

How many AAs do you have?

I would get DOT aas and critical focus aas first then the rest depends on your playstyle. Can get hps and defensive AAs if you get beat on alot for instance.
    Rarp_Snaggletooth likes this.
  3. Rarp_Snaggletooth New Member

I pretty much just have Auto Grant for now. Slowly working my way up. I have almost 200 AA to spend, I'm just not sure where to start. You pointed me on and I appreciate it.

'Thank you.
  4. Majin-ryokoryu Journeyman

One issue ur gonna face in EoK missions is you run into walls where your pet just can't tank stuff that needs to be tanked, an example is the spider caves. They respawn fast, summon, see invis, and you need to get to the back through far too many for your meager DPS to allow and forget it if you get adds.
  5. bobokatt Augur

If I may make a suggestion, I would recomend GMM (Gnome Memorial Mountain). It's part of the TBL expansion but was open even if you did not have that expansion.
    I power leveled many of my alts there to 110+.

Use your pet to tank. Make sure you equip your pet with the best armor and weapons you can afford (trash stuff or cheap stuff in Bazaar anything that is attunable or if you can get some mage gear). It really makes a difference. Also don't die. Also please tell me you have some sort of Enhanced Minion earring at this point.

The cool thing with GMM is that mobs drop power sources (not the crappy old craftable ones like pure energians).... but good ones till you reach 114 and can start to use the even better tradable craftable ones.
    You also will find LOTS of random drops Type 18/19 augs which when you get to TOV and start doing the Rallos Zek earing quest, really come in handy, and/or you decide to go after the chase TBL ones as well. High enough those all can host type 18/19 augs on top of type 3, 5 and 7/8.

There are loads of missions or you can just find a spot and solo all day with your healer merc.

For AAs as others might have mentioned, get ANYTHING that will increase your DOT damage, as really, that is what you do as a Necro. With Autogrant, you should have everything up to and including ROS, which means you SHOULD have pretty much all your utility AAs such as AA snare, AA punt, AA debuff, and two types of FD. The FOCUS tab of AAs that improve your various DOT lines are also important -- costly but essential. Once you make sure you have all your regular DOT damage increase lines done (and if you use your pet to tank, which you will, anything that improves the toughness and DPS of your pet), then start working on the FOCUS AAs for each of your DOT lines. Also the Defiler's Synergy line which procs a group buff to increase DOT damage. Expensive but again essential. Do NOT BOTHER spending any AAs in the FOCUS tab to increase the FAST 2 tic DOTS. We no LONGER use those. Anything that has SWIFT in the name don't use and don't buy. Until you max out and have nothing to else to buy that is.

Make sure you have all your level appropriate Type 3 augs.

There are a couple named that are easy peasy and drop nice augs/gear.

If you PL'ed your Necro, I presume you probably do not have your robe which increases DOT crit. That is a must have and something you can work towards.

Use and max your Spire line, your Fortify companion and Frenzy of the dead lines, your heretic's twincast line, and your Hand of Death line and your Gathering Dust line. All these are generally BURN AAs but just pop them as they come unless you are hunting named. There is no reason to save them for ever.

You WILL be running out of mana all the time so of course it goes without saying to max out your Death Bloom AA line.

Go and BUY in bazaar or find someone that will make it for you the potion Tonic of Efficiency Affinity XI. This will give you generally an extra TIC for your dots. Even though that level of potion (the highest I can find) says in the description that it decays after level 100 spells, you STILL get one more tic for most DOTS.

Lastly and I am sure I am forgetting many other things, USE your TRIBUTE benefits. As a necro the TWINGE OF PAIN line will reduce your cast time of DOTS by 33%. That is better than your leg amor group gear which is only 18% and even raid which is 23%. Also use Visions of Suffering to reduce the mana cost of your DOTS by 23% genernally. Your shoulder item with have a similar effect but the tribute one is better.

Good luck.
    Sup Rog and Stabbyman like this.