110 Shaman needing advice

Discussion in 'Priests' started by InnerDruid, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Voxynn Elder

Great info on this thread!!!
  2. Hissteria Lorekeeper

Your priority in raids is healing. Keeping people alive = more wins. The more alive players = more DPS.

I chain cast spiritual Squall on a tank that is centrally located to the other melee so that the radius of the swell can hit as many players as possible. Swell is so very very effective and functional. Use it prolifically.

Keep cloud of renewal on your group constantly. With maxed focus AAs, the casting of Cloud will boost other heal spells you cast immediately after Cloud. With Cloud on and Swell hitting you too, you don't need to heal yourself after cannibalizing with another spell.

Dicho/dissident helps your group do DPS and also heals them a bit. Use it constantly. A nice bonus to Dicho/Dissident is that you can target another group's members and cast it on them and the buff hits your group and the other group. A two-for-one! Extended Target window is most helpful!

During burn stages of raids, use MGB + Ancestral Aid from a location where it will land on the most melee possible. Work with the other shaman in your raid so you dont waste the cast if another shaman does it at the same time. A MGB AA rotation!

Epic click constantly. Coordinate with the bard (that should be) grouped with you so that your epics coincide with one another. Make a hotkey to announce when you use it in your group. Have the bards make a hotkey too. You click yours, it reminds the bard to click theirs...they click theirs, it reminds you to click yours. Communication!

I use only two different raid spell sets. One with Alliance and one with incapacitate. I use incapacitate on tanks when they may have to go away to get trash or tank stuff too far away from the shaman crew. Other than those few events, I use alliance. It got nerfed a bit ago so it isnt as useful as it once was, but in tougher raids I will still use it in rotation on a select set of tanks that are coordinated amongst the shaman team.

Because I have got the healing cycle downpat, I have a bit of time to also do some damage in raids....and only because I have the heal cycle worked out. Keeping people alive is job #1...but I do have enough mana and time to cast the Poison 3-1 and the disease 3-1...and also I chain cast Frostbitten gift, to keep the doggies out and biting and for the heal benefits.

Be wary of AE timing too, so that you don't cannibalize right as an AE goes off and you end up dead.
  3. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

that was fixed a while back. the roar line only hits 1 group now.

in TBL you'll want more than just the "standard" spell set available to you. there's a few raids with specific cure combinations that are required. the standard "blood" line being the one and done solution doesn't work all the time. 2 events in particular more so than others.

personally I don't go chasing DPS. even the combination dots don't add enough to justify all the debuff slots they use. there are a few exceptions to this, but in general if your raid is filling debuff slots you should probably not be using them. I find that gift -> hot -> splash -> cure, direct heal, or roar -> repeat gives damn good results on the heal parse. if you do it right you basically have no downtime in that cycle.
  4. Hissteria Lorekeeper

Roar, both dicho and dissident, still hit both groups as of last night. We are currently beating TBL raids, Inverse Logic. I don't focus on DPS, i just contribute what I can because I can, having enough extra mana and wearwithall to do it. YMMV.
  5. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

that is incorrect. tested not 10 minutes ago and verified neither of the roar lines land on both groups. It lands on the caster + whichever group is targeted.
    Brohg likes this.
  6. Hissteria Lorekeeper

Well, maybe it just doesn't work for you. It works just fine for me and I have no reason to lie about it. You should look into it and get it fixed for you.
  7. Brohg Augur

That behavior was a bug, and was corrected in the 9/11/2018 Patch. You are wrong about how it is working for you.
  8. Hissteria Lorekeeper

It still works for me. I cast the buff on other group member and their whole group gets the two buffs and so does mine. There is no 9/11/2019 patch yet because that is 7 months from now.
  9. Brohg Augur

okay, you caught a typo. the link is to the patch notes that fixed it. you still need to check out what's happening
  10. Hissteria Lorekeeper

Daybreak is notorious for screwing stuff up. It still works for me and your disbelief is not making it stop.

Maybe we can compare notes when you get double the stats you have so you can catch up to me....then we will talk.
  11. gnomeboss Augur

brohg, you just got rekt by magelopeen! I hope you are half as amused by this as I am.
  12. Hissteria Lorekeeper

He got wrecked by experience and fact. I have been testing this the whole time with a variety of players and it still works exactly as I described. To try to tell me that I am wrong when I know for fact that I am not is something else entirely.
  13. Hissteria Lorekeeper

It just might be some undiscovered bug that allows me to use this. I don't know. I just know that it works for me...and if it doesn't work for you then that is too bad. Y'all should just whine and cry loudly about how you are inferior to somebody else and prompt DB to nerf everybody and make things more difficult for everybody including yourselves.
  14. Brohg Augur

All about me, yeah. Having looted things since that profile I'm up to 193667 unbuffed Credibilities. You definitely have double the stats of Mehdisin, too?
    Drogba and Mehdisin Mahn like this.
  15. Hissteria Lorekeeper

I have more HP than Mehdisin...and Roar is still working as I described. Your buddy tried to insult me with the 'magelopeen' thing, that insult hit you right on the head with your magelo link inclusion in your posts. You can fire off all the insults at me as you wish but it ain't stopping my ability to cast Roar on other groups like I have been doing this whole time.... That you can't is not my problem, it is yours.
  16. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Thanks, Napoleon

17. Brohg Augur

You can cast on other groups. It'll land on that group, and on you personally -- but not your group also. Just like all other group buffs now instead of having special behavior.
    Hissteria likes this.
  18. Hissteria Lorekeeper

OK, having done a bit more testing, this is actually the case. I apologize for my confusion.
  19. Brohg Augur

s'okay, screw those melee dps anyhow, the extra proc agro will just get them in trouble. definitely keep casting on my tank groups! :)
  20. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

translated: after being a for 5 posts and insisting that everyone is lieing and that he's a better player than everyone. that spells somehow work differently for him than for literally everyone else.... he turns out to be wrong.

good on you for having more HP than me. now if you could actually learn the class before telling others how great you are that'd be great. =)

Edit: there ya go... just for you homeboy I updated my magelo to what i'm wearing now.