110 Enchanter DPS Weave

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Tarvas, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Thoxsel Djess' Pet Warrior

Tried this earlier but maybe being lone chanter means I need to do this while twincasting?
  2. Cailen Augur

true they don't trigger alliance..... and yes they used to just be an escape button but like I posted above if you pop doppleganger then your group burns they do about a million dmg so yah that's not all they are anymore
  3. Fian Augur

I parsed it once and if I remember correctly at 110, the new doppleganger does about 8k dps. Definitely worth including in your dps.

Also, this is my personal burn macro:

/alt activate 2205 (Chromatic Haze)
    /alt activate 2202 (Illusions of Grandeur)
    /alt activate 515 (Improved Twincast)
    /g Boom! Enjoy Enchanter love on your nukes.
    /timer 6900 (This is based on the first 2 AA, being up. Third AA is less important to burn)
  4. Fian Augur

I also did some rough parses comparing nukes to dots. Casting mind tempest/strangulate only does about 66k dps. Chain nuking did about 60k. Factoring the fact that I can cast 2 dots and then can cast other damage spells, dots are the most important spells to cast for dps. If you are fighting mobs that die quickly, then of course dots aren't as effective. I see a lot of people saying to cast strangulate first. IMO, mind tempest is your strongest dot, so you want to maximize the number of ticks of that dot, not strangulate so cast that one first.

In a raid, chain casting the 2 dots on multiple targets can produce extreme dps. It is not uncommon for me to lead parses for my raid (that depends on if multi-target dots is possible). I like what another poster said to target the bottom of the extended target list. Don't target the mob that the MA is on, it dies too fast. Pick targets that the raid will kill last.
    fransisco likes this.
  5. fransisco Augur

Mind tempest is also important to cast first as it helps you stay in mana.
    On normal fights in groups, I mind tempest first and don't usually bother with strangulate.

Doppleganger question (I've always saved them for the save me part).
    Do they cast spells starting at what is closest to spell gem 1? Or is it random which is used.
  6. IblisTheMage Augur

How much would you say that Mind Tempest costs manawise, given mana reduction stuff etc?

Does Mind Tempest return the mana right away, or is it spread out on the tics, thus returning less mana on fast kills?
  7. Fohpo Augur

Looks like ticks but I would have to log back on my chanter to check.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  8. fransisco Augur

Its per tick.
    However, even with 20-30 second kills, I never have mana problems if I cast mind tempest first each fight (and use the other mana return abilities like 2nd spire).
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  9. OldskoolEnchanter New Member

I'm looking for some advanced raid types to give me some help. A friend of mine plays an enchanter but his dps is severely lacking. He also has some physical issues that make regular gaming difficult.

If anyone has some multibind hotkey set ups with a dps weave that they wouldn't mind sharing I would love to learn more.
  10. Brohg Augur

Accessibility adjusted:

Use a startup social key with Tash spell - DrearyDeedsAA - Demolish Consciousness (for the Somnolence proc) - Mind Tempest, and probably /pet attack

Then multibind: Mindslash DichotomicReinforcement ChromaticAlliance Mindsunder Strangulate ManaRepetitionAura (will cast if you just clear your target). Other enc can use the Ally in his multibind as the anchor for their rotation.

Alternately, just multibind Mindslash-Mindsunder-Mindcleave, with a separate button for Dicho-Ally-Dot-Dot.
    Dreadmore likes this.
  11. OldskoolEnchanter New Member

Thanks heaps Brohg!
  12. Ninelder Augur

I have yet to see the benefit from chanter alliance. Since we have other duties(debuff/mez/stun/rebuff) It would require at least 4 enchanters in the raid to even see any benefit. So far I have only seen DPS go down when i tried adding alliance. Did they fix it to be more useful?
  13. Brohg Augur

You've been doing it wrong.
  14. EnchFWO Augur

You only need 3 at most and less during a burn with ITC. I've only seen DPS gains from firing alliance. Also... only 1 raid this expansion requires any sort of Enchanter CC - there should be plenty of time to weave in alliance.

But I suppose if your Ench crew isn't DPSing as expected then yes, it will be worthless to you which is a shame :(
  15. Ismel Augur

The Evil ............ keep chaining Strangulate only I am allowed to do that (
    Sindaiann likes this.