110 Enchanter DPS Weave

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Tarvas, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Nylrem Augur

Goodn, you are too funny...

You replied giving advice to someone asking how to MAXIMIZE their character, and when someone pointed out your advice wasn’t MAXIMIZING the potential, you get upset...

Nobody said you had to play to maximize your overall DPS... this is a mindset definitely not shared by everybody, and, is what has essentially killed PUG play, because there is such a HUGE difference in a player that occasionally or rarely hits boosts during trash, likely doesn’t spam clickies, fast refresh AA, and in all ways attempts to maximize their contribution during trash clearing...

People that DO play that way (read, group only, OR raid and group players) generally do not care to play with people that don’t care if they max their potential.

Maxing potential is a mindset, NOT dependent of raid or group play.

Maxing your DPS would allow you to help MORE people, cuz you’d finish tasks, etc faster, maybe allowing you to get in just one more quest, task, mission, or that extra 15 min to personally coach and mentor someone that needs it, before bedtime.

Nobody is telling you how you have to play, they were just trying to help. Every single bit of advice anyone ever gives you in your life, is entirely up to you whether you’d like to take it or leave it.

Never be upset with anyone giving advice... it means they care about you, and want you to succeed. It will always be entirely up to you, to consider it, use your best judgement and a viable decision making process and determine if you wish to implement the advice, in part, or in whole, or not at all.
  2. Sancus Augur

This feels like one of those pot calling the kettle black scenarios...
    Fohpo, Reht, Sheex and 3 others like this.
  3. Sindaiann Augur

The biggest misconception for most enchanters still stuck in the old world mentality is they will argue they are a cc/debuff/rebuff/adps first class when their personal dps is lacking.

That's all well and fine except if you don't push your own DPS you are NOT maximizing your ADPS.

Like any class you have to strive to excel in all areas, not just one.

I personally yearn for content with IMPORTANT CC related events in raids. It's been a long time since we have had any.
    gotwar likes this.
  4. Thoxsel Djess' Pet Warrior

Nods. See that all to often amongst chanters I’ve run into.

Would indeed be nice to see more cc compared to just lining up 9 tanks to deal with it.
  5. Madame New Member

My basic group DPS line up is:

Auras: Twincast and Mana Repetition

DPS: Spell Tash > Deluding Constriction > Mind Tempest > Mindcleave > Mindsunder > Mindscythe

If there is a Gift of Mana I will cast Strangulate, but the mobs rarely last that long.

I've been using Deluding Constriction as a debuff and minor dot:
    Code:
    1: Decrease HP when cast by 7799
    3: Decrease Chance to Hit by 10% with All Skills
    4: Decrease Magic Resist by 31
    5: Decrease Hitpoints by 8165 per tick
    I use Tempest for the smal mana return and big dot.

I cast the smaller Mind nukes so that if Chromatic Haze pops I can hit the larger nukes for a bigger dps burst. I typically pull 2+ mobs so I can use Chaotic for the Twincast on nukes.

I try to keep Third Spire and Illusions going if there are more than 4 mobs in camp since the timer is around 10m and at least 25% of that timer we would be killing those 4 mobs.
  6. IblisTheMage Augur

You don’t. Nahnahnah...

*sticks out tongue and goes out to play with the other 5 year olds*
    Reht, Ismel, kizant and 1 other person like this.
  7. Lily Augur

Wouldn't it be better to cast Deluding Constriction after Mindsunder so it benefits from synergy?
    Ninelder likes this.
  8. Ninelder Augur

Woah! You are good, I didn't even catch that. I assumed our synergy was strictly to increase the dps of other classes. Totally going to change how I do constriction now!
  9. Fohpo Augur

[IMG]
  10. Ninelder Augur

I just tested this. Unfortunately the synergy only effects the front-end nuke component, which is really small, best crit i could get was 146k off it, compared to strangulate's 360k.

While you are still going to want to keep this on the mob for the debuffing component sans mental contortion, it's crap for our DPS weave. Kudos for pointing out that we do actually have a magic nuke though!
  11. fransisco Augur

On a sidenote, I've noticed that deluding constriction will overwrite mental contortion. So be careful not to try using them together
  12. Lily Augur

That's good to know. Thanks
  13. Fohpo Augur

In a raid scenario, are your caster groups abusing Guild Hall and entering the fight with burns active?
  14. Brohg Augur

Is that common? We've never done that. Feels like it would pretty unnecessarily add 15 minutes downtime to every run.
    Sancus likes this.
  15. Fohpo Augur

I wouldn't think it'd be done for every boss, but that was why I was asking. I wanted to know if it was common.
  16. Cailen Augur

all this talk of enc dps and not one of you mentioned doppleganger ;-)
  17. IblisTheMage Augur

I keep Doppelganger on cooldown for the swarm pets for Of Many... do they do any damage worth mentioning?
  18. Brohg Augur

it fires Alliance
  19. Cailen Augur

yes they do "These illusions can cast any single target direct damage or stun that you currently have memorized" 1.1 mil dmg at 14730 dps on lvl 106 dummy
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  20. gotwar Gotcharms

Dopplegangers don't trigger Alliance (at least not your own, no clue about others) and they also 3x Taunt every few seconds.

It's an escape/"save me!" button.
    Jordis likes this.