108 Paladin - Am I doing this right?

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Broozer, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Broozer Augur

I'm a 108 paladin currently in full conflagrant gear. When I need to solo AA grind, I go to Tempest Temple (undead boat) and when I need to burn lesson, I box my 107 bard and with mercs I hit up the undead by the crypts in Sul Vius. The mobs are level 107ish so it's good for a lesson burn.

I can get through the surrounding of the boat and the first level fairly comfortably (I try to pull a couple from the 2nd floor if I have plenty of time)- total of about 22 or so mobs of level 99-100 per clear before expecting repops (solo, no merc). In Sul Vius, I normally camp out in a corner and clear through 15-16 mobs of level 107 (box bard and each with merc) before repop.

When it comes to grinding exp, am I missing out on better exp per unit time possibilities?
  2. Lubianx Augur

You could probably also try the undeads in Lceanium or if you are game, those in Scorched Woods. If you get into trouble just run them to the NPCs. You wont get XP but it can save your butt.
    The only thing with the EoK undeads are their healing debuffs. Just load a cure or splash to counter this
  3. Broozer Augur

Thanks for the ideas. Are there specific camps in Lceanium or Scorched to look at?
  4. Lubianx Augur

If you head north out of the city, there are lots of skeletons.

There are some giants and a few other mobs around to just pull around them. Set yourself a camp near the wall.

In Scorched Woods you need to head North West past the giant fortress to where the quest/raid NPCS are. There are lots on undead there (skeletons and undead gorillas). You could also go to some of the ruins throughout the zone. These also have undeads.

Almar's Guide has a couple of these marked https://www.almarsguides.com/eq/leveling/EoK/Locations/ScorchedWoods.cfm . The blue and green circles are the go. The one I mentioned above is the green circle
  5. Broozer Augur

Thanks for the map link. That is useful.
  6. Paradisic_parasite Elder

I wouldn't go to EoK for exp, the mobs have too much hps compared to TBM mobs. Crypt of Decay in TBM is a great zone for a soloing paladin at that level.