1000 AA for bard box

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by yodo, Feb 11, 2013.

1. yodo Augur

Hi, I made a bard to box with a ranger and mage as mainly just an afk buff bot and am trying to figure out what AA to get. I am at around 150 now and have all the run speed, extended notes, scribble notes, singing mastery, instrument mastery and jam fest. Is there anything else that would help while just afking with a melody on?
  2. HolaHola New Member

3. Recnarp Augur

The persistent illusion when zoning AA because its class defining.
    Straahdx likes this.
  4. Jmac Elder

I can't think of all the names right now, but under the class tab there are several aa's that are nice enhancements for group damage, like Quick Time and Fierce Eye. It would be very easy to make a macro to have several of those fire off with one button click to help with namers and burns.

There is also an AA version of bard speed that last for about 4 mins (Selo's Sonata), and a group invis that last for about 15 (Shauri's Sonorious Clouding), and with those you don't have to keep your other group members in range of your bard for the effect to stay with them like you do with songs. Of course they have to be in range for it to hit them, but then they can run off and still have the effect like a normal buff. This works very well when u can't use follow and have to run a single toon at a time.

Also check out Sionachie's Crescendo, it increases the range effect of all your beneficial songs.

There are a few more that would help too but I'm at work and can't think of all of them right now. (and yes to the above post, Fade is a must have)
  5. jarsh92 Elder

I would do all the CA and CS defensive ones too. At least through lvl 80. Chances are you will end up using the bard to pull, and if you don't have those you will probably get 1 rounded pretty quick.
  6. CrazyLarth Augur

I am going to create a Silver Bard on a new acct
    So i understand it will cost me $5.00 for Silver.
    I will have to pay $? to unlock the Bard class... Does Race matter? or should I unlock a prefered Race?

http://eqaasearch.org/aainfo.asp?search_fd12=Bard

lvl 80 CA = 117 CS = 117 not a bad cost considering lvl 100 CA = 427 CS = 392

my goal is to level 90 (hot max level 90) and get the free 1000AA
    Silver bard for tracking named and pulling

tracking AA-
    songs AA;s listed about
    CA/CS to lvl 80 CA = 117 CS = 117 or to lvl 90 CA = 262 CS = 262

Do most who box bards due they use range weapons?
    or is it just for pulling and then the songs buffs they cast?
  7. Darrkin Skies Elder

Fade
    Selo's Sonata
    Quick Time
    Fierce Eye
    Sionachie's Crescendo
    Funeral Dirge
    Third Spire

IM/SM

and Pretty Much everything In Class

Also
    Mystic Attuning
    General Sturdiness
    CA/CS
    Planar Power
    Armor of Wisdom
    Veteran's Wrath
    These are just a Few.
  8. Darrkin Skies Elder

Ranged weapons?

We can use Thrown weapons that's about it but that would be completely useless, Bards are able to do a lot more personal DPS than just using some stupid worthless thrown item.

People that "Box" bards usually are only using them to Pull and the /melody bot/ them Which is unfortunate because they don't use the class to the fullest and when grouped with others give bards a bad name.

Bards are a major ADPS class as well as HUGE AC benefit for tanks.
    If parsers were able to see the contributing factors of a bard in a group for DPS groups with non you would see a huge amount of the dps that those grouped with the bard can be directly attributed to the bard and their songs.

For tanks we can provide over 1300ac + Mitigation and Increased Hate (Through song proc) to them
  9. CrazyLarth Augur

Thanks for the info and now I know what to look for to help my group tank SK as one of my goals for the bard.

Thanks