100% new to everquest Zek server

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by dynomiked, Oct 1, 2015.

1. dynomiked New Member

So I've only tried everyquest once and it was for like 5 minutes and I uninstalled. I know there is so much to this game and I'd really like to experience it for myself. I want to play on the zek server for pvp because that's my thing but is there any tips for me? like a good website to find all the /commands and maybe a guild.
  2. CrazyLarth Augur

3. Larry2 New Member

Grow thick skin, click off auto join chat channels under options

Honestly Zek is pretty lonely until you get to max level.. You'll almost never have to pvp 1 - 70 if you don't want to... And even after that it can pretty much be avoided till 100.. Also there is a bit at 85 due to heroic characters.. Zek is actually a great server to level up on tho because there's a 50% exp bonus at all times on Zek and you can basically level up anywhere you want and not have to contest for zones or spawns..

There's really only 2 end game guilds on Zek and they probably wouldn't even consider you joining until at least lvl 100. There's a lowbie/newb guild called < Elven Guard> but it's not like a flourishing guild or anything... In fact it's probably half filled with alts from the other 2 major guilds...

There is literally zero point to learning pvp until the end game because anyone you fight will either be a super twink that someone made who has been on Zek for 15 years and they will absolutely destroy in a completely unfair fight... Or, you will both have healer mercs and neither of you will be able to kill the other player or their merc until about lvl 70 (in most cases)

Pvp is so fast at 105 that until you've taken your lumps you literally won't even know how you got killed...

Most people would try to talk you out of playing on Zek. It's not for the faint of heart for sure but the people that play on Zek... The real ones anyway, could never imagine playing on a blue server.

most classes can be good pvp classes with a combination of high skill and or gear if you really want to yourself play a priest class

Most would agree that rogues are OP as phock with rangers not too far behind..

Good luck
  4. Blankslate Elder

You've made 2 bad choices
  5. Borek-VS Augur

Everquest is great, but it is not a good PvP game.

I realise it was a long time ago, but five minutes to try the game also implies an instant gratification approach that doesn't suit a mature game like Everquest. Of course, I could be (very) wrong, in which case welcome to Everquest, and I wish you luck. Larry2's post above gives some good pointers to playing on Zek.