100 necro

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Minato, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Minato Augur

Played my monk for 10 years as of a couple days ago and want to main my 100 necro now for a while. i had him at level 100 a few years ago but lost my UI and dont remember much about aa/clickies etc so posting here for tips as ive been pure melee for like 17 years. Thanks in advance
  2. bobokatt Augur

I will try to help with my limited knowledge. It’s been a while and I cannot log in to EQ now from work so this is from “memory”. If more experienced Necros can chime in, if I have provided incorrect or outdated info, please do so.
    Some basic AA’s for hotbars for pulling to start:
    1: Your AA Scent of Thule line for pulling. This quick casting AA, casts the highest ranks of Scent of Terris (resist debuff) and Scent of dread (resist debuff and increase in damage from various types of spells). Plus adds Death’s Malaise which will slow/lower stats etc., on undead mobs. If not undead, and you must slow, then use your “combust bones” line of spell to convert the mob to undead etc. Also this AA won’t get you summoned or break root.
    2. Your AA Encroaching Darkness line slow (movement) either on undead or others (mob has to be snarable)
    3. Your AA push back and root… Pestilent Paralysis (your mob has to be rootable)
    4. Eradicate Magic AA (strips mob’s beneficial buffs – if any, not sure how many). Some use it, some don’t. Not necessarily a pulling tool but something you can hotkey.
    FD:
    You get two FD type AA’s. Death Peace (quick recast) but not “perfect” escape. Then Death Effigy line FD which is a “perfect” wipe I believe for mobs up to 5 levels higher than you and casts invis on you as well.
    We then have our PET AA’s (note necros of course get two lines of pets – warrior and rogue. I don’t think I have ever used my rogue version as my pet used to tank at times).
    For buffing (AA):
    Companion’s Fortification line, Companion’s Aegis line (rune), Frenzy of the Dead (Stat increase and Lifetap) ** note this might have changed as I know they consolidated many AAs (might be part of the companion’s Fury line now).
    More pet AA’s:
    Companion’s Suspension (can pocket pet etc., any actual buff, if you have the rank of suspension AA, will remain on the pet after suspended or gate or zone or log etc. If the buff is a SONG, it will not remain when you pop it out).
    Companion’s Intervening Devine Aura (buffs pet with divine aura if it drops below 20% health if I remember… but pet can’t attack while under that once that pops)
    Pet feign -- you create a hotkey that says /pet feign (this is part of the new consolidated Pet Discipline AA line I believe)
    Mend Companion AA (instantly heals your pet for XX amount of damage)
    Summon companion AA (summons your pet to you – not sure if it has to be out of combat or not)
    Companion’s relocation AA (forces the pet to warp to the BACK of a facing mob so now the mob has its back to you if you are facing it. I don’t know if they changed it.
    Your Basic Necro utility AAs:
    Cloak of Shadows AA (self only instant cast invis – can be activated as you are moving)
    Group perfected invis to undead AA (self-explanatory)
    Levant AA (teleports you to a safe spot in the zone you are in)
    Whisperwind AA (teleports you forward for a short distance)
    Gift of the Grave AA (it’s now a hotkey you can click ON or OFF – absorbs XX amount of incoming spell damage – have it enabled of course)
    Cascade of Decay AA (it’s now a hotkey you can click ON or OFF -- adds an additional DOT to your casted DOT spells if I remember – have it enabled)
    Banestrike AA (was removed an auto added a while back – can’t remember, you don’t have to worry about it as it won’t break roots and don’t think it’s even an option now)
    Gate AA – (self-explanatory)
    Dead Man Floating AA – (group lev and a few other dinky things like enduring breath, see invis yada yada, poison I think resist buff… god it’s been a long time)
    Reluctant Benevolence AA – (it’s now a hotkey you can click ON or OFF -- has been messed with and changed a few times I believe. Essentially allows your Lifetap and DOT spells a chance to heal you and your group for XX amount every time you cast, not huge but it helps – have it enabled)
    Mass Group Buff AA – (uhh yah… why?)
    Summon Corpse and Summon Remains AAs. Bah I forget exactly the difference now. I know they changed it a while back where you need a Jade coffin now to summon a corpse. One you have to be in the actual zone the char died in. Please google that.
    Flesh to Bone AA – (takes some sort of MEAT, something you can eat and converts it to bone chips to summon pets… if that is even needed now?)
    Harmshield AA – (not necessarily a utility AA, but you get the idea… gives you invulnerability for a bit etc., cant cast or fight, lets you run around or AWAY when everything goes south… for a bit… click off if you have to and FD after)
    Mortifier’s Unity AA – (new… once you get all the ranks essentially casts a bunch of self-buff spells that you would normally have to mem). Every class has it now I believe. Just a quality of life add-on.
    There might be more.
    For the whole Necro “raise/call mobs to attack your mob” there are 3 AA’s for that:
    Wake the dead AA (dead corpses around you will rise to serve and attack the mob you are fighting). These will move with you. Use the pet “swarm” command to get them to attack a new mob if need be, applies to the other two below.
    Swarm of Decay AA (raises a few archers that are stationary to attack the mob you are fighting). These will not move with you.
    Rise of Bones AA (raises a few red skellies that attack the mob you are fighting etc.). These will move with you.
    Other AAs:
    Forceful Rejuvenation AA – (resets your spell timers so you can recast spells that are locked out due to a timer)
    Focus Arcanum AA – (improves resist modifier of spells casted on mobs that might be very resistant to various spell types)
    Next would be the DPS/Named AA’s to click when you want to unleash hell on a mob which I simply do not have time for. Maybe some can chime in.
    Clickies are too many to mention… arg. If I have time J
  3. bobokatt Augur

Forgot Spire of course. have now all been consolidated... Can and should be added to the PET buff but also applies to you as your second spire for DPS for your DOTS etc. Make a hot key for that.
  4. bobokatt Augur

And OMG Death Bloom AA. I was going to add that as part of the "fight" area. It's your only GO TO way to restore large amounts of mana (other than your self only conversion buff spell/Otherside line that gives you mana regen). With the consolidation of DOTs, necros now easily run out of mana. Make a hot key for this and use it. I believe years ago we had two... one for in combat and one for out of combat, but they removed the out of combat version and Necros now only have the one Death Bloom with a shorter recast I think. Of course you also have a spell line which upon cast, restores mana to you and your group if need be.
  5. Minato Augur

Awesome thank you so much this is more then enough to get me started on my necro again