$100 for Clockwork Hero's Forge and $200 for Golden Armor Ornaments.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by ZenMaster, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Caziku Lorekeeper

Same here :( *sadface*
  2. Rondor Augur

For those not getting the [equip a set of "Golden Hero" Hero's Forge] achievement despite equipping it, is it the set that matches the class archetype in question? As in leather/cloth can be equipped on both leather and cloth armor, but only natural wearers of leather armor get an achievement for equipping leather but natural wearers of cloth don't get an achievement for equipping leather?

I can confirm that the achievement was granted OK on a Shadow Knight who equipped the Plate version of "Golden Hero" this past week. This was the character which was logged in when the bundle was purchased from the /market in-game window also this past week.

There are two entries for "Player Flags" in the "quest reward" window popup that shows up after you purchase that bundle from /market . One says that it's the Hero's Forge armor ornament feature, and the other has no description. The blank-description "player flags" may be the one that PrathunEQ mentioned in his message (emphasis mine):

Could this also be a factor in not getting the achievement? If you got the set on a different character?
  3. beryon Augur

People are actually going to pay $200 to put a check mark in a box that does absolutely nothing? /boggle

It pains me to say this, but we can no longer complain about the content we get for our money, if as a playerbase we show them that they can make more money by charging top dollar for nothing, and people will pay it.
  4. roguerunner Augur

do these obscure ones have an ach when you get the set too?
  5. Caziku Lorekeeper

I got it the original way, as in recruiting others to EQ. Back then there was no achievement for this set. And now even if I I equip the pieces and put them back on etc it doesn't trigger any type of flag for the achievement. Simply just an oversight as not many actually did it the original way. Guess they will have to grant it via a GM handing out the flag manually for those like me.
  6. Numiko Augur

it could be worse you know, if they followed the model of a lot of games they would sell you a box that *may* contain the armour ..
  7. lancelove Augur

You'll get that achievement in the next patch or two...if you did the recruitment thing. I surf alot at Blacks and know a couple of the guys at the shop so...
  8. lancelove Augur

You do realize that this helps keep the game you are playing alive right? WTH
  9. Makavien Augur

Really? Most of the past money we gave them went to a failed endeavor and maybe 5% to this game.
  10. Aghinem Augur

Solution 1:

1. Stop complaining and pay for the set. After all, it is a business.
    2. Enjoy the new look.

Solution 2:

1. Stop complaining and wait for it to go on sale.
    2. Enjoy the new look.

Solution 3:

1. Stop complaining and run your gnomish drunk @$$es across a few zones (x8) while chatting with friends on vent, making jokes, etc etc.
    2. Win.
    3. Enjoy the new look.

Seriously, the drunk gnomish race is actually a lot of fun if you let yourselves have fun with it. Get on vent with some of your buds, crack some jokes and get your little legs moving.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  11. Intenso Augur

plus the golden plate armour slots are messed up helm looks like boots all of them are wrong
  12. -wycca Augur

Would help if the gnome race worked consistently.
  13. Aghinem Augur

Yeah - it bugged out on us tonight. So much for solution #3 for now :(
  14. beryon Augur

It's also a different set than what's being sold in the marketplace.