1 Simple Suggestion

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Dexxeaa00, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Dexxeaa00 Elder

Maybe make servers that stop at certain expansion ?

1 for classic only
    1 for classic / kunark
    1 for classic / kunark / velious
    etc
    etc
    etc
  2. Dre. Altoholic

It would be better if you phrased it this way:
    ^
    Dexxeaa00 and Risiko like this.
  3. PVPme Augur

I swear some of the people who post in this thread and across the forums act as if they have stock invested into Darkpaw.

People come to the forums to say what they'd like to see and then these Darkpaw investors swoop in and <insernet comment about dev time/lack of funds> day after day. Ya'll are wild.

#PvP-TLP
  4. Dre. Altoholic

20+ years of loyalty is worth far more than whatever their stock would be valued at.
    Skuz, KimchiGoddess and Risiko like this.
  5. Old_Timer Journeyman

This post sums up my thoughts 100%!
    Dexxeaa00 likes this.
  6. Nolrog Augur

LOL. I stand corrected.
  7. Machen New Member

Don't be pedantic. The Everquest dev team does not support 2 different paths for Everquest. Everquest 2 is not an alternate path, it's a different game.

Yes, Darkpaw Games supports two different games. That doesn't mean they can support two different games and also create a completely separate content path for the current Everquest game with their current dev staff.

I'd think they'd want to start creating full sized live expansions again before thinking about something like this. They definitely do not have the dev team needed to create new expansions the size of Kunark or Velious (see my post from a few months ago predicting what a new "velious" expansion might include zone wise, only to have them announce almost exactly the same zones as the new live expansion a month later.)
    Dexxeaa00 likes this.
  8. Dexxeaa00 Elder

I have no information or fact to say that their team is not big or strong enough to do something great. Maybe there is a post that has been made by developers saying something like this ?

I'm not saying anyone's wrong but I see the comment," the EQ developer team isn't great enough " being said a lot . With no quotes from any devs backing the statement up. The devs may have said this somewhere but I haven't seen it.

I see that the name of the devs are listed in the credits. From what I have seen its only a handful of people. I'm not a programmer so I'm not sure what six or seven programmers are capable of in a few months .

How hard would it be to make one zone ? How much time does it take? Couldn't the old code be used to make new continent ? Same textures just different layouts ?
  9. Machen New Member

They spend at least half the year working on the new live expansion and come out with six new zones. So, one zone is a significant amount of work these days for this team.
    Dexxeaa00 likes this.
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

The devs aren't going to waste their breath constantly reiterating old news about all of the layoffs that have taken place at their place of work, they don't need reminding of all that that negativity, if you haven't been following the gaming industry news to pick up on this at least defer to the knowledge of those who have been actively following it.

Link below has some good info & many of the layoffs are dated there, this might fill in some blanks in your knowledge of the company.

https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Daybreak_Game_Company
    Dexxeaa00 likes this.