1 disrupting many has to stop (frustrated)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Solkos, Jun 24, 2015.

1. AlmarsGuides Augur

This may help you understand what automation means:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/automation
  2. Barton The Mischievous

Lots of definitions for Automation in this case I would say yes SIboxer allows a certain amount of automation, but as DBG says it's ok in it's current state and has been allowed since it's first iteration, people need to deal with the fact that it is an allowed part of the game. Macro's are built in automation and those are built right into the game.

"Automation"
    "the technique, method, or system of operating or controlling a process by highly automatic means, as by electronic devices, reducing human intervention to a minimum.""
  3. Iputthegrrrinranger Elder

4. Barton The Mischievous

Big difference in partially automated, highly automated, and fully automated
  5. Hendar2 Augur

or not automated, but I think we've beaten this one into the ground.
  6. Vaclav Augur

It was a 3 day suspension, it was released at 71 hrs. He had no real reduction in his suspension time. I've never seen someone's exact timing of their suspension analyzed before, it might be normal that suspensions get lifted at a certain hour and the "days" are not full 24 hr intervals - unsure.

It wasn't for exploitation however as he stated - duration he is lying about however, it was never a 1 week. (In fact 1 week suspensions don't exist in game unless its a super recent change - 3/14/30/lifetime is the normal durations given for suspensions) [The suspension was listed as a "Disruption" offense]

Now besides that correction - he seems pretty mellow in game to anyone non-Faceless from my experience.

It seems like he's really got a chip on his shoulder for Faceless - and not a generalized toxic player - I see him as no different than any of the megaboxers as things go, as a non-Faceless.
  7. Solkos Augur

So basically what you are saying is it is very obvious to everyone that he is specifically targeting Faceless? Isn't that almost a definition of griefing?

Really weird that he said a 1 week suspension knocked down to 3 days. I wonder why he would lie about that. Maybe knocking the suspension down to 2/7 of the days instead of 71/72 hours sounds a lot better?
  8. Rhadamanthus New Member

I generally find your guild agreeable in game but let's not be coy about the tools being used. I was there for the entirety of the Nagafen incident (and wasn't killed because I saw what was going down and simply moved past the 2nd box group of High Elves since I knew they wouldn't pull Naggy into LOS of their own boxes.) After the initial box of gnomes was trained on FGs (this did happen) and wiped I watched them run back in, I six box using "software that complies with the TOS" and allowed broadcasting. Even broadcasting move forward to keep autofollowing chars 'close', you cannot get the level of closeness/maneuverability through tight corners that said gnome box had without using features that are prohibited. I won't say more than that as they are strict on deleting posts that go too far into the details.

FWIW unlike a lot in my guild I had no ill will over him killing Nagafen. The reality is after the gnome group died on FG we had both enough people and enough time to pull/kill Nagafen before he got the gnomes back and re-engaged with the second box group (total of 12 characters.) For whatever reason we were too slow, I haven't seen us generally have that happen since.

To be honest the forum and server communities in general are far too obsessed with the two gods and the two dragons. If you actually look at it from the perspective of gearing a whole guild it's actually the clears of Fear, Hate, and Sky that gear your raid up. Relatively speaking the drops off the four raid encounters that are heavily contested actually aren't that important. Now now, I know people believe they can't live without a CoF or some of the epic items (for quests not even in game yet) off the gods but in terms of gearing your raid force up they generally are not nearly as important as they're made out to be.
  9. Elkay Augur

This is why I've tried to stress that people are fighting for accessible content, not accessible gear. The gear just doesn't make much difference in classic. You can practically raid naked.
  10. TL_KRONOLORD Augur

Raid content isn't much different group group content either. Just add a couple thousand hit points.
  11. iatre Journeyman

You should add dispel magic to this list.

I was kiting Seafuries in OOT on a side of the island that wasn't camped. A Modest Man group came in, wanted to drive me from my camp, so they cast Nullify Magic on my Seafuries to break their snares to drive me from the camp. I'm sure they then took the half-dead Seafuries for themselves.

I reported it, but I have no faith that anything will be done.
  12. Asheran Augur

If this is true, then you should speak to Gulfein about it. However, I can't see why anyone would waste time doing that...
  13. Vaclav Augur

Eh, he doesn't seem to care about a <MM> member doing some pretty "off things" (aka, clear hack usage) when it comes to Grimrot camp from word around town.
  14. iatre Journeyman

Like I said, to take the camp from me. There was a scarcity of seafuries and I had to /pickzone a few times to find some that were up. Instead of finding uncamped seafuries, he decided to derail my quad kite with Nullify Magics and take those 4 that I had half-killed.
  15. Destroying Angel Lorekeeper

This ONE guy is causing all this grief and may lead to dozens giving up on EQ again.

Damn it DBG, ban his accounts, seize all his Krono (i.e. keep his money) and tell him to go harass some other community. If he sues, force him to get a lawyer and bury him by dragging it out.
    Elkay likes this.
  16. Zhutuak Augur

Unfortunately it is not just one guy, I have now been run over by three different mage bot armies as well as experienced MM dispelling and training.

I had a long discussion w/ AD gm`s last night about some of their members and their use of Isbox and feeling entitled to take whatever they want. Twice yesterday I got to first and engaged first Magus Rokyl but was griefed by AD players. One GL says its not ok, the other thinks it is.

This is not a one player problem. If a boxer can actually play 12 toons by inputting each key stroke on each account manually switching between accounts, I am all for it. I four box myself w/ the game client and no use of 3rd party programs.

I want to be on a progression server, not interested in live servers however progression servers are not actually progression servers because you cant actually advance because of all the [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] griefing going on.

Certainly not what I expected joining this server, had no idea what [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] was. Unfortunately, it looks like the only way DB will get any sort of message is if we actually stop playing on any server all together, which is the direction I am currently leaning.
  17. Zhutuak Augur

^wtf???^

It is apparently perfectly legal to use the 3rd part [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] but you cant type it on the forum, it gets substituted by [Unmentioned 3rd...].

Now I really know its time to quit, the hypocricy is ridiculous.
  18. Vaclav Augur

The theory is if the name was floating around on the official boards it would make searching for an easier process and get more people into using it.

Sorta War on Drugs-esque. I don't think it's the best method to deal with it, but there's no hypocrisy in play, just a "don't talk about it and hopefully it'll go away" kinda mindset.
  19. Zhutuak Augur

Which is beyond stupid, it is hypocritical as long as they continue to allow the third party programs use. Until it is removed from game, it should be openly talked about on forums, after all it is apparently legal.
    Vaclav likes this.
  20. Serakan.twistdlegion New Member

It's funny how you state the duration of said players suspension as 2 days and 23 hours, as if you knew the precise duration, like you were a GM or something.

Even the player in question didn't know the duration of the suspension. That player probably wasn't checking his email every hour of every day and trying to log in suspended accounts every single hour of every day.

Speculating on the exact duration is fruitless. You claim you saw this player online at 2 days and 23 hours. This assumes you knew several things which you don't know. You knew the precise hour he was suspended? Nope. You knew the precise hour the suspension was lifted? Nope. You know much of anything? Nope.

Another example of faulty reasoning and logic. Also an example of forum trolls having a fetish obsession over a single player