.01 percent adjustment to ACoF drop rate?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gnar, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Tobynn Augur

1303 kills in SolB = 1 cloak. 1017 kills in MM = 4 rings.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  2. Zandal Lorekeeper

Another 5 hours plus in the final push, and nada. I don't think I can justify giving you 1 additional dollar of my hard earned $ after this nonsense. Furthermore, everything I've heard about the new expansion is that it sucks, so might be adios time again for this guy. I went away for 5 1/2 years before, and likely should have stayed gone. I'm pretty unhappy about this garbage.
  3. Gragas Augur

Sorry to hear you had some bad luck with the RNG, additional content is never bad, raid level drops in group zones should not make you want to quit?

As far as all the negative stuff you have heard about new expansion, don't let the "Negative Nancy's" drive you away, new content is never a bad thing, heck maybe even how the updates are released will become acceptable eventually, but maybe I am a minority when looking forward to new expansion because it is something new.
    Elricvonclief and Edrick like this.
  4. Piestro Augur

I did 75 hours during VoA at the stupid fields camp in Sarith to get the pet focus earring for my alt. Only saw the named once (it did not have the earring of course). By that point mathematically I should have got the earring several times over. I was just unlucky.

Sometimes we have a run of bad luck, it's part of EQ.
    Elricvonclief and Mintalie like this.
  5. Mykaylla Augur

Oof, that's a terrible run.

My luck remains streaky as ever. Throughout this event, I saw just one cloak, and it wasn't even me that looted the corpse (I'd been looting corpses, which I hate, but group member beat me to that one. I am half-convinced that's why it actually had the cloak ;) ). Still not as bad as three years to get my Anomalous Rock of Alteration. The best part about that one... is I have been back the the Rujarkian Hills Hidden Vale of Deceit raid... and have STILL not seen the Anomalous Rock drop personally. :eek:
    On the other hand, I walked into Anguish with my paladin and cleared it for a couple of friends' alts, and got two BPs *and* two overhaste items for them off OMM (had to screenshot that one), then went to get Yar'Lir for two alts that didn't have the ring- looted double rings... I'm great at looting something that someone else needs!
  6. Zandal Lorekeeper

That's all you have to say Piestro? That it's a run of bad luck? It was bad luck, because you all changed the rules of the game, thereby changing my luck for the worst."
  7. Gnar Augur

Over 120 total hours invested and didnt see a cloak drop at all. This game sucks. Im kicking myself for the 15 hours at imp camp yesterday.
  8. Piestro Augur

Even without the change there isn't a guarantee that you would have acquired the cloak in that period of time unfortunately. That's part of the way the random nature of loot works. Even something that is common can have prolonged periods of not dropping. Tons of people have stories about some item or other just refusing to drop, It's something we can all relate to.

The idea of a very rare drop that is highly compelling was a design choice. Unfortunately the more rare an item is, the streakier it tends to be. I am compiling a report of player feedback on this event to present to the team. I'll happily include your feedback on the subject, along with that of the others in this thread.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  9. FVRules Journeyman

Here's some feedback. Don't lower the drop rates on people after the events been up and only those that were lucky enough to find a camp open or get a group were able to get them and everyone else is left out in the cold. Leaves a bad taste. And EQ has been doing a lot of that lately.
  10. Zandal Lorekeeper

Piestro, there's no way you can justify what happened or talk your way out of it for the dev team. I am QUITE CONFIDENT I would have gotten one in the 80 hours or so I spent in there if the "dev team" wouldn't have jacked with the drop rate. To say otherwise is FOOLISHNESS. Many players ganked several out of there in the first week. Again, the only thing the devs did was reward those first to the party and screw the rest of us. To add insult to injury, I never got the ring either; never left Nagafen because I knew that I was going to have to spend every available minute in Nagafen in order to get the cloak when the drop rate was jacked with.

I'm actually cancelling my accounts over this ordeal; that, and the fact that the new expansion, by all accounts, is garbage.

Let me tell you, some customer service. You have the ability to fix this. Tell the Dev team to do so; someone needs to.
  11. Zandal Lorekeeper

More feedback: Fix it. Make it live again, and change the drop rate back. Make it permanent. Heck, who goes to Nagafen anymore anyway. When's the last time a raid actually took down the original version of Nagafen? Put Nagafen's old drops on the new mob or make the old Nagafen an instance. Seriously, no one goes into those old zones anymore anyway. You have options, but to have penalized those of us who didn't rush right into the zone is complete garbage. Someone said it reminded them of the days of old; like the manastone and other items that were removed from the game.
  12. Mintalie Augur

Approximately 30 hours in MM. One ring, lost the roll. Life goes on.
  13. Marton Augur

This is actually not a bad idea.

I am quite fond of Mistmoore Castle, Sol B, I am sure many old timers are. It would be cool to have these available for exp, have it available as hang out places when we don't want to play in new content.
  14. Hoosierdaddy Lorekeeper

30 Days was quite enough!
  15. Zandal Lorekeeper

Enough in that you allegedly farmed 13 of them, mostly during the first week before the nerf Hoosier. And you don't want anyone cutting into your profits?
  16. Derd Augur

They were still dropping i never went there but one night on my main and one night with an alt but each time someone somewhere in the zone got them. And i know the group i went out with on my alt to help got two over the event cycle. As always there is always the chance you wont get one or even win the roll if one did drop, since when did something being in the game mean everyone should get one? From what i could tell it was quite a good event it got many people together striving for something that some got some didn't. And to those that spent hours and hours and didnt get one.. guess what i know someone that did three kill's and got a cloak left and never went back aint that a kick in the pants :)
  17. Tobynn Augur

Awwww, that so cute the way you you follow up a personal attack with commands dictating where I can post. Normally at this point I would fetch you a tissue, but I kinda like the way those tears glisten in your eyes.
  18. Gragas Augur

I killed 5 kobolds that got trained to zone in, looted one mob got cloak, finished collection tasks never went back to zone except to raid, mainly because I guess those 5 kobolds were camped and I got a stern lecture!
  19. Hoosierdaddy Lorekeeper

If your going to reference my other post you should make an effort to do it accurately!

"13 Cloaks over 30 days.

Rough Breakdown:

Most cloaks per hour burned; first week.

Very slow drop rate after that until;

Last 3 days .. none dropped"

Oh, and why the hostility?
  20. Brosa Augur

4375 mobs in Naggy and saw one cloak drop
    3949 mobs in CMM and saw 5 rings drop
    Your luck was better then mine.
    To everyone complaining ... Really!? They were known from the beginning to be very rare items and your complaining about not seeing or getting one? Yes the grinding sucked. I stomped my feet and pounded my fists just like everyone else after the umpteenth hour straight at X camp and nothing, but now that its all said and done I just look at it and say I did my best and THANK GOD ITS OVER! To be honest I have no hard feelings on not getting what I wanted but I am a bit jaded over those who mysteriously got several cloaks and rings in half the kills. Just saying.