.01 percent adjustment to ACoF drop rate?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gnar, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Deloehne Augur

I put the rate higher than that. I know too many people with multiple drops (two in my guild alone with three). The rate is more likely 0.01% - 0.02%. In either case the sample size to determine if it was an increase or a decrease is unlikely to be reached in time to definitively decide. If a typical camp produces 12 kills in 12 minutes, that's only 60 kills an hour - none of my camps are that good, but I doubt I am too far on the low side for the typical result. Good luck killing enough or gathering kill data from enough people to get the tens of thousands of trials you would need to measure such a small difference. The benefit of the doubt suggests that the 0.01% change was an increase, just small enough to be difficult to detect.
  2. Piestro Augur

It was a very slight decrease. That being said the change happened about a week after it was reported on the forums. I suspect time machines.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

If it was that small a decrease, why bother?
    Blacksun likes this.
  4. wingz-83 Augur

....win! Good thing this isn't a game.
  5. 1andOnly Journeyman

Yep, probably will never happen.

BUT, it is quite a bit of money still being spent to have a constant subscription long enough to earn that many crowns in the first place (would probably equal quite a few krono's worth if someone did the math since loyalty velocity is a factor as well), and IMO the loyalty vendor does need some more items (does anyone buy the 700hp stuff off them still?).

So until other options become available, I take it SoE's new master plan is:

Phase 1: Collect Underp.... um I mean cloaks

Phase 2: ______________

Phase 3: Profit!
  6. Saroc_Luclin Augur

Because it's a (hopefully fun-inspired) poke at the type of people who play EQ by spreadsheets. (Similar to the "Half elves are now .4999999 elves").

Admittedly, those who do have the skills and patience to gather the numbers to figure out drop rates and Offensive and Defensive formulas and such have proved to be very helpful to the Devs in the past (and in the future). But occasionally it's fun to poke them a bit with messages like that; when there is no real change (and the message itself isn't really anything deep and meaningful).
  7. The Tan Man New Member

I wish these items had never been implemented. I've been trying for a cloak for over 215 hours over the time these zones have been up. The kills have been fast and furious and I feel like one should have dropped by now...Camps like this are going to make people sick, literally. I'm going to keep trying until one drops or I drop dead at my keyboard. Thanks devs.....for the miserable experience
  8. Edrick Augur

Man, no one is making you go there. Seriously. This is one case where we don't need to point fingers at the developers.

Some people just have awful luck and don't get the RNG on their side. You are one of those unfortunate people.
    Mintalie likes this.
  9. Ishtass Augur

Guess the complainers gave dev the good idea :)
  10. BoomWalker Augur

Seems if you kill in the same camp anywhere from 24 - 36 hours straight you will always get at least 1 cloak to drop.

That has been my experience...each time I have camped a spot in Sol B for 24 - 36 hours straight at least one cloak has dropped.

If you could try that over the next 4-5 days and report back to confirm if this is still valid we all would appreciate it...
  11. Gnar Augur

Jesus 24 to 36 hours straight. I imagine someone sitting at their pc in an adult diaper with some IVs. Ive done many 8 to 12 hour sessions and the psychological drain is not worth it anymore, my dedication to EQ in general is shrinking and I've given up on this item,beta, raiding and just logging into anything SOE for now. Not , just I'm tired of this hobby needing that much time investment. I'm ashamed it's taken uncountable hours away from wife and kids. Thanks for the wake up call. (this is not 100 percent due to displeasure of chasing this item with no luck in sight, it's due to many compounding aspects of EQ.)
  12. Kylo Elder

I camp at the Giant camp for 1 week straight 4-6 hours per day on weekend I did atleast 10+ and no cloak.
  13. Zandal Lorekeeper

Piestro: All kidding aside, it isn't really very funny. The Dev's have punished everyone who didn't rush to the zone right away when it went live and didn't collect 5-10 cloaks before the damn nerf. Explain to me why this was done? All it did was punish those of us who came onto the scene late or didn't know about it right away. I've spent over 65 hours in the zone, and have killed 10,000's of mobs, and not one damned cloak!! I can see no explanation justifying why this was done. The only thing I can think of is that the dev's came to the conclusion that they implemented a drop rate that was too great to begin with, saw the complaints about what a certain elite few thought of the item, and then made the worst decision possible, which was to change that what had already been done. In fact, I'm thinking about cancelling both my accounts, because it has reminded me too much of the crap of old.

I certainly hope the dev's extend the duration of the revamp. Hell, make it permanent, because no one goes to the old Nagafen's Lair anyway. And change the drop rate back. Man I'm furious over this crap!!

It was a slight decrease from what? Hell, the item were rare as hell to begin with. Now what? You won't see one, but every 100,000 mobs. Dumb!!
  14. BoomWalker Augur

153 kills per hour...cool.... (10000/65) but as previously stated...if you put 24-36 hours straight into a camp it seems a guaranteed drop of at least 1 cloak. Just waiting for others to test this theory and report back to confirm it as well.
    Ishtass likes this.
  15. Warpiggs Augur

Took me about 20-24 hours straight to get my cloak. Was well worth the time. This cloak is by far the best in the game at the moment. Imop anyhow. And no I didn't need an IV or diapers. I just planned to put in a good amount of time for 1 night until I got it. Couple pots of coffee. I would do it again this cloak is that nice.
  16. Zandal Lorekeeper

Another 20 hours or so in this weekend and nothing still. I'm not sure how many total hours, but I'm pretty certain that it's over 75. Devs really screwed everyone who did not rush right into the zone and start farming; seriously considering cancelling my accounts over this. Ridiculous.
  17. Ronak Augur

A bit under 14000 kills total, in Sol B and MM combined. Roughly 2/3 of that being in Sol B. 3 cloaks, 1 ring.
  18. CaptAmazing Augur

Happens a lot. I always rush out and do what i can before they hurt my chances.

With this, the expansion being so poorly reviewed and the nerfs that are incoming, I have to wonder what is going on in those offices that no one there speaks up.
  19. Marton Augur

80 hours in Mistmoore. No ring.
  20. Dre. Altoholic

My logs show around 400 kills between SolB and Mistmoore. Didn't see either drop but I did manage to lose a ton of experience!
    Elricvonclief likes this.