.01 percent adjustment to ACoF drop rate?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gnar, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Gnar Augur

Was that plus or minus?
    Leerah and Jyve like this.
  2. Drathus Augur

That was under the previous adjustments section. Considering the drop rate appeared to be higher when the zone first went live, I would guess the adjustment was a decrease of .01 %. It's interesting how they don't give the base chance though. My guess is that the .01% chance would need to be significant though. Also when they say .01%, does that represent a 1 in 100 chance or 1 in 10,000 chance change? It's very difficult to guess at an actual rate for the drop, as there is no solid data and any individual experiences would be meaningless. The .01% change seem to have a big impact though, so the rate would need to be something near that number.
  3. Zandal Lorekeeper

Yes, please answer!!

Patch notes indicated that "Adjusted the drop rate for the Ancient Cloak of Flames by .01 percent."

Which way did they adjust it? I hope it was an increase in the drop rate, because I am pretty heaved that I've spent 55-60 hours in Nagafen's Lair and haven't gotten my cloak yet; likely more time than anyone on our server.

Confirmation of which way the drop rate was adjusted please.
  4. Khat_Nip Meow

Yet it's not actually mentioned in the previous patch notes that it's referencing. That and the miniscule percentage leads me to believe that whoever put that in there did it solely out of jest and nothing actually changed.
    Moklianne likes this.
  5. CaptAmazing Augur

Good thing the guy who had eight drop got a chance to brag and taunt the Devs! Bad for those that will never see one because of it.
    Leerah and Tegila like this.
  6. Zandal Lorekeeper

Yes, I certainly can't find the "previous adjustments" section that has been referenced by Drathus.
  7. Ruven_BB Augur

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/...ate-notes-wednesday-september-18-2013.203475/

Look at the end of the post, says adjusted by .01 percent, which doesn't say much, how significant was the adjustment or which way adjusted. Given that .01 percent is a probably of 1 in 10,000, I can't see that the change should be that significant. No one would notice a difference, so I am guessing that figure is off by a decimal.
  8. Aeroen New Member

Or, they reduced the drop chance from .02% to .01% which would actually be a 100% reduction in drop rate. It all depends on what the .01% they are quoting represents. We had a cleric loot one on Tunare like 5 minutes ago, so at least they are still dropping.
    Beimeith likes this.
  9. Rouan Augur

I actually guesstimated from anecdotal evidence on the forum and from those I talked to in game that the current drop rate was in the 0.05% range or about one cloak out of every 2,000 kills. I suspect any future items like this will be more 0.005% than anything.
  10. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Or they are just messing with your heads.
  11. Axxius Augur

Minus. The drop rate was 0.01% and now it's 0.00%
    Hope that answers your question. :D
    Leerah, Mintalie, Tegila and 2 others like this.
  12. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

<Foghorn Leghorn voice on>That's a joke... I say, that's a joke, son.<Foghorn Leghorn voice off>

I'm guessing it's a joke. Maybe you don't realize the Devs have a sense of humor.
    Schadenfreude likes this.
  13. Blademaster Elder

Devs can be Trolls!
  14. wingz-83 Augur

Have been asking around on some servers and so far nobody has seen one drop yet. Anyone have luck since the patch?
  15. angrygnome New Member

Bureaucracy at it's finest. Why even a slightly more detailed explanation of this .01% can't be made is ludicrous.

Have done enough killing to see Kobolds in my sleep now and still don't have a cloak yet, but I don't care nor would even consider paying for one. I for one will be glad when this little marketing experiment is over.

On a different note, the loyalty vendor seems a bit underused lately also. The cap on crowns should be raised and it needs some more updated gear. Sure the unattuners, the perfect aug removers, and some of the faction and alt currency items are handy, but some more options would be nice. Especially since there is only 1 way to earn crowns by being a "loyal" subscriber. Why not put items like this cloak or ring on the vendor, but of course make them No Trade and cost a crapton of crowns (5000+)?
  16. mage101 Elder

the last part is never going to happen, do you have any idea how many people bought kronos to be used as currency for cloak/ring recently?
  17. Edrick Augur

I can confirm this change, my rate of cloak drops has increased by 0.01%. My current amount of cloak drops is zero, so 0.01%*0%=0%. Quod erat demonstrandum.
  18. Mykaylla Augur

Worse! It has gone from 0.00% to -0.01%- it TAKES cloaks off you! omgomg!

I have to admit, I laughed a great deal when I saw the patch message.
    Axxius likes this.
  19. gcubed Augur

Actually, that would be a 50% reduction in the drop rate. A 100% reduction in the drop rate is what we can expect when the zone reverts to normal.
  20. Explicit Augur

[IMG]
    Leerah and pewpewpewkittens like this.