.001% whats the point?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yinla, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Whulfgar Augur

Spoken exactly like some one who has never worked for an oil drilling company..

Lmfao
    code-zero likes this.
  2. Whulfgar Augur

I've seen it play out hundreds of times.. I've also seen people try to take them to court.. inevitably.. they lose.. again.. nobody helps them out on their claim.. then to top it off most of the time the people they try to drag into it inevitably go against them.. thus screwing them even more..
  3. svann Augur

Perhaps oil corps have an exception written into the law, idk. But I have read of companies getting sued and losing big time (millions) for years of back pay. And Ive also worked for more than one company that explicitly told employees to make sure they put any time they worked on the time card. In general - thats the law.
  4. Password1234 Augur

The law is the law, but how often it's enforced is a different matter. Companies losing millions over stuff like this happens, but not as often as it should under the law.
    Nennius and Whulfgar like this.
  5. Tappin Augur

This is correct. The company I work for got hit for a 11 million USD settlement and agreed to raise the wages of all non new hire employees (Consent Order). Unless your company has something baked into law, they are just going hit with large fines and penalties.
  6. Laronk Augur

Yeah its really bad, if your team is 8 people and on average you're each puting in an extra 5 hours a week (from home or what ever) then you're actually doing 9 peoples worth of work and the company needs to hire someone. But if the manager doesn't know or realize the extra hours that are being done they might not even be aware another person is required. (or if the manager is a bad manager they know they need another person but don't do anything about it)
  7. enclee Augur

OP can you change the name of this thread to something more suitable?