Rain of Fear Pre-Order is now available!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Piestro, Oct 16, 2012.

1. Tobynn Augur

That is my recollection also. Still restricted to only 1 character per account in world. Online/offline makes no difference.
  2. doktartp Augur

Getting access to beta would be kinda hard as is, some one would simply get in beta then cancel the pre order/not pay for it.

Now if it would charge me right now while i know i had the money on that card, instead of a long way down road when i forget, it would be nice :)
  3. Rainbowdash Augur

I'm guessing it'll only be used for the former not the later. Due to, as previously stated, the limit to one toon online at a time (although that may not matter....I'll get to that in a sec..). However, even if that's the case it's more than worth it. Some people like shutting their computers off at night, or at the very least don't like to leave EQ running the entire time. Obviously guild lobby afkers prove not everyone is like this, it's a large enough chunk of the population to certainly be worth it. :)

But as for the one toon online at once thing...If you think about it....it IS offline trading. Unless I'm mistaken in how that will function, it basically let's players buy from your trader/buyer as if it were a generic npc merchant. Your toon wouldn't actually be in-game. Thus, theoretically, you could log in a "second" toon from the same account and go hunting, because as far as the server is concerned, your account has no logged in toons. Of course it's entirely possible Sony may not want this happening and purposefully block it, allowing offline trading only for the overnight trader. But still...it may turn out to work that way.

Either way I think it's a nice addition :)
  4. Ommina New Member

Fair enough as far as it goes, but the marketing copy (and, yes, I happily acknowledge anything written by marketing often has only a passing acquaintance with reality) is quite explicit that buyers will be able to search and make purchases from anywhere in the game, not just from within the bazaar.

I took this to mean that the offline trading is going to be different than the kinda-hacky "LD in the bazaar and let the server take over the character" possibility mentioned several months ago.

Surely, in reworking the brokering system, they wouldn't stop half way and still consider traders logged-in. I mean, surely they wouldn't. Surely. (Although rereading it now, I'm starting to wonder...)
  5. Soulspite New Member

I'm assuming its going to be modeled after the system they use in Everquest II, it's very simple, you put a bag in a broker window with what you want to sell, set your prices and voila anyone anywhere can buy from you whilst you do whatever you want to.
  6. Greymantle Augur

I am tempted to purchase the collectors editions, but i would like more information as to the contents and their purpose/ability/usage.
  7. Teela Grayskull New Member

Do you have a source for this? I petitioned in game 2 days ago and got a different answer. The rep basically said "We don't know yet". Am very curious to know if I'll have to buy VoA still. If I have to buy VoA, I will likely not get the CE of RoF (which I want very much to get). Just not enough money to have it all....
  8. Pirlo Augur

Hi Teela :)
    Did some research for ya. It comes straight from the horse's....err....halflings mouth.

Teela Grayskull likes this.
  9. Pirlo Augur

Piestro described the items in more detail...this was taken from an earlier post.

Harbinger's Staff
    (Only Available with Pre-Order) - Clicky, teleports you to a spot near the zone in to the main RoF zone
    Fear Corrupted Phase Spider Metamorph Totem
    (Only Available with Pre-Order) - Metamorph items are similar to both a summoned familiar and a petamorph wand. It uses in whichever manner is appropriate
    Collector's Dimensional Case - Bag only for collection items
    Traveler's Rucksack - Same as existing item
    Idol of Cazic Thule - Housing Item
    Holgresh Metamorph Totem - See above. New Holgresh model
    Contract of the Apparitional Alaran - Mercenary contract for a ghostly Alaran - possibly a new model
    Painting: Rain of Fear - Housing item
    Bracelet of the Severed Hand - Mount, on the back of a reanimated hand.
    Collectors Only Collection Quest - Collection Quest only available to those with the Collector's Edition
    Journeyman's Pocketed Rucksack - Same as existing item
    Evantil’s Abode - House based on one of the new zones
    Holgresh House Pet - New Holgresh model
    Contract of the Fallen - Mercenary contract, super sweet looking
    Painting: Shards Landing - Housing item
    Thulian Bracelet of the Severed Hand -Mount, on the back of a reanimated hand (different skin)
    Safe Travels
  10. Teela Grayskull New Member

Thank you very much for the quick response! <3
  11. Vinney Augur

Asked this question in the Tradeskill/Housing forum but few read that. Does this New House "Evantil’s Abode - House based on one of the new zones" have a different floor plan? (/hope for more rooms and more space slots)
  12. Brosa Augur

One word ..... LMFOA
  13. Brosa Augur

Its been a very long time since I'VE been seriously challenged in an expansion!
    Take my main/mains through current content
    /check... 3 months
    Take my main alt/alts through current content
    /check... another 4 months
    take my back-up alt/alts through current content
    /check... another 4 months
    Ok where is the next expansion?

and to re-quote
    How long have you been playing EQ?
  14. Kraelic New Member

What is the Collectors Collection Quest reward? I'm not seeing any value since the House of Thule CE which had a 16 slot and a 20 slot bag and 999 claims each. All of your toons could have one of each, even on other servers. If you delete a toon and make another you still had bags. Veil of Alaris had one 32 slot and one 24 slot bag, ended up using them in the shared bank slots. Just buy SC on a triple sale day and then wait for the quad packs to come back instead.
  15. Coruth Augur

Are the Items the 999 Sort that you can get on each toon? or the 1 per Account sort of claim. That alone makes all the difference on which I preorder
  16. Explicit Augur

I've been playing since PoP was released, while not as long as some people I'd like to think that the better half of a decade is a -long- time.
  17. Summinsmethings Journeyman

Well all i can say is it was a good run. Been playing EQ since the original Beta and Sony has finally disappointed me enough to hang up my Mage robes and my other 3 accounts and quit because i refuse to invest 160 dollars more into this game for all 4 accounts for such a unimpressive expansion. Sony and its developers have totally dropped the ball on this expansion and its a complete waste.
  18. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Have they said that purchased items will be dropped directly into your inventory with the new system; or will it use the existing parcel system, or something else?

seems like the parcel system was created in preparation for this kind of thing.
  19. doktartp Augur

Have you even seen the new expansion ? prolly not. Why do people base the expansion off claim items ?
  20. Riou EQResource

They said it would appear in your inventory after purchase yes no need to go to parcel or anything