Drag and Drop Buffs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Makavien, Apr 8, 2013.

1. Makavien Augur

How difficult would this be to implement ? Even though dispell hasn't been a big annoyance for quite some time due to random slot dispel . In Rof and ntov we are seeing this emerge again where we have to make sure our buffs are in order and ask that we are not rebuffed till we have them in order . Is there anyway we could just be able to drag and drop them in any order we want that way we don't have to click off buffs cast too fast or ask them to buff us multiple times just to make sure they are not the ones dispelled?
    Hahlfwit, Terminat, Mintalie and 3 others like this.
  2. Zzlaarr Elder

That would be lovely and our buffers would certainly offer personal favors for this! :D
  3. Axxius Augur

Yes please! A way to rearrange buffs would be fantastic.
  4. Nennius Curmudgeon

An outstanding idea ! Not sure if it would be hard to implement, but even so, it would be worth doing.
  5. Reht The Dude abides...

Excellent idea!
  6. Braveheart Augur

7. Soulstasteyummy New Member

My OCD (and the people who buff and have to rebuff me) approves of this idea.
  8. Xeladom Augur

Even if a very few standard spells could be assigned to specific slots down the line.
  9. Elizabeta Augur

This should obviously be a Group Leader AA thing, maybe like 8AA worth (those leftover AA are really bugging me!)
  10. Warpiggs Augur

This would be very nice!
  11. Oogabooga Journeyman

Yes, please.
  12. Angahran Augur

or tag a buff with a specific slot ?
    e.g. get certitude cast on you, you right click it and you get option to select slot 1-41 (or clear in case it already has a slot)

So, next time you get certitude cast on you, it automatically goes into whichever slot you selected.
    Zzlaarr and silku like this.
  13. Mykaylla Augur

This would be great when dealing with OCD people.

I knew someone who would click buffs off even when being battle rezzed and buffed and needed back in ASAP.
    I used to cast DI on them just because (I bought my own emeralds). :p
  14. Oranges Augur

I thought you were talking about dragging and dropping spell gems.
  15. Makavien Augur

Yes this would work the same way if the drag and drop idea is too hard to implement
  16. Retrievil Elder

I like that, and add the ability to set buff priorities. Right click on a buff and set priority from 1-99. If a buff is set to 1 nothing can over write it. Would be a much better way than adding blocks for every spell that can potentially over write it. I'm thinking of RB, but I'm sure other classes have spells in the same boat.
  17. Tinyfeet Elder

The way mobs dispel in the new content is completely random - ordering your buffs doesn't do a lick of good.
  18. Aakla Journeyman

I brought this up with someone awhile ago and they talked to a dev and the dev supposedly replied that it would over power the players. we never understood what they meant by over powered. but yeah this would be a great idea. I get all OCD if I don't have Overhaste, Defense, Mighty Strike in my first 3 slots.
  19. Quiptos Journeyman

awesome idea, or right click sort alphabetically etc, good stuff !
  20. Aldryn Another New Member