Are the servers still active enough overall?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by EdgeOfThorns, Apr 5, 2013.

1. EdgeOfThorns New Member

Contemplating a return, and my chars are on Xegony from the old days. How is that server in particular these days?

Also i remember there being some rule stipulations on RP servers, could someone remind me what they are?
  2. Imuu New Member

Dunno bout Xegony but Rathe is pretty decently active from what i see.
  3. EdgeOfThorns New Member

Heres a question, so i have my mage and ranger that im looking to work on. But the problem is ive been so long gone that i just have really no idea where to start with them as they are around level 30 from previously.

Are there any up to date, pinpointed guides that people use to get leveling chars and which zones is probably best suited?
  4. Toquillaw Augur

Do you know that you can just log in and check how busy a server feels to you? The game is free to play, so just log in your old accounts and go look. You can consider looking at the Vox server if you want to start over (it is about a year old as I recall). Seems pretty busy to me when I play there.

There are many threads on this forum to help you, often Yther or others post links to newbie guides such as in this thread.
  5. Nolrog Augur

Borek has some great guides: http://www.paullynch.org/eqguide/

Look for the Heros Path stuff in game (you'll get a book when you log in.) That's a good thing to follows well.
  6. Kaylord101 Elder

p.s. everyone is going to say their server is good. it best to go to one where u know people are playing. if not, then just log in at the normal times your playing and see how busy/active general chat and the current zones are. keep in mind raiding times and most people might be on but in raid zones.
  7. Borek-VS Augur

Roll a new character and run through the tutorial; that will give you a good feel for the game before getting back to your old characters. At 30, take a stroll around Blightfire Moors, there's lots to do there, and the exp is great.

The only RP server is Firiona Vie; you get an exp bonus there, almost all items are tradeable, and there is no Common tongue, and no /ooc channel, so you need to teach characters elvish, if they don't start with it.
  8. sean New Member

I'm also curios to know which servers are active. I have faith it would a simple matter for Sony to just merge the low active servers if they got to low, but i want to know which servers people like more role playing, special rules, progression, or regular? If it came down to it, People are the reason i play and so i would adapt for that cause alone.
  9. Crystilla Augur

Erollisi Marr also has an active roleplay guild (Sigils).

People play for different reasons; about the only thing I can say is PvP interest is fairly low.
  10. Tegila Augur

overall regular servers have the most people in teh game and the most servers. xegony is plenty busy but may be moreso daunting to play catchup on due to how many highend guilds/toons there are there. most servers are pretty high population, and there's a page that shows at what capacity each server is at different times of theday.
  11. Sokon Augur

In the last 2 years I have played on both Cazic and Drinal. Drinal has a very high pop + very active server. Cazic is great too and there are quite a few open source raid teams that raid high teir content, if guilding is not for you, or you join a guild that doesn't raid much.