in your guild, which class do you have least of ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by taellar, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Darrkin Skies Elder

We have currently
    1. What's a Necromancer?
    2. 18ish ACTIVE rangers ...........................
    3. 2(3) Active Bards
    4. 8 Clerics
    5. 3 druids
    6. 3 Monks
    7. 3 enchanters
    8. 1(2) Mages
    9. 6 warriors
    10. 4 wizards
    11. 6 Shadowknight
    12. 2 shaman
    13. 3 paladin
    14. 5 Bestlords
    15. 3 Rogues
    16. 2 zerkers
  2. Genadine Elder

Could use plenty that are online at Raid Start and still there at Official Raid End,

Could also use plenty that work on their toons outside of 1 week to get the level and poof 2 milisecs after night off called,

Clerics that heal as fast as they Rez would be cool too
    Silv, Robnie and Narye like this.
  3. Narye Augur

Omg you read my mind!
    Silv likes this.
  4. Kurayami Augur

We have quite a few rare classes actually in my guild(not counting boxes). Typically only see:

2 mages
    1-2 beastlords
    0-2 berserkers
    2-3 SKs
    1-2 Enchanters
    1 druid
    1-2 SHM
    2-3 PAL
    0-2 monks.

However, to make up for this, we have enough rangers to fill a few seasons of the power rangers, along w/ enough rogues to play the villains. Quite a few clerics too.
  5. Silv Augur

In reference to Gen. & Nar.: I have this friend... I tell her we are having a dinner party at 6 PM. She shows up at 7 PM. The party was actually at 7. Cliché? sure. True? yes. More often than not I feel like this is how it is with raid start times. Unfortunately, the people who actually show up "on time" get punished aside from maybe getting startup DKP or something. I find it rather disrespectful TBH but that's a whole other thread...

I've seen a severe lack of Druids... mages too.

Surprisingly, I've seen a saturation of Enchanters overall.

Edit: Yeah I didn't want to double post. What would be more interesting IMO is how many people your guild usually benches on a raid night and what class. I suppose a few classes may be more raid specific but overall for RoF that's not the case.
  6. A-Quad Augur

the three Bs: Berserkers, Bards & Beastlords
  7. Genadine Elder

With regard to Benching, our Guild employs a policy of if your online at On Time you get a spot unless we have a critical shortage of a critical Class and then its open for anyone not in said Critical class to sit out the night and chill.

Also we do let a Class rotate between events, this in the past has stopped people burning out.

Though this policy is likely to change during a new Expn learning phase when the Raid Leader will pick and chose those they can trust to get the job done and not screw up, but in farm mode not unheard to go into an event with 16 Plate Tanks.

Those sitting out are entitled to bid on drops so it can be nice to once in a while chill in the ghall and shoot the breeze with friends.
  8. Galin Augur

You can have Sanben.
  9. Augok Lorekeeper

Hmmm an interesting question.. Guess it depends on the night.. we've gone form 3 clerics one night and 9 the next night.. or 8 warriors one night and 3 the next night... Encs we have 3 fairly consistent ones.. monks between 1 and 4.. Zerkers are I guess our real low one.. 0-3...

With regards to benching.. If your there at the start its your spot.. unless we need to a certain class to win.. in which case volunteers are asked for (doesnt happen often nowdays and we've beaten every raid with under full raid force on quiet days).. If your a warrior or a cleric you rarely get that sitout though.
  10. MrGPAC Augur

We have been known to go several raids without a single rogue...which is just sad when you get 3 rogue only daggers to drop that night. I still don't see the justification for so much rogue only weaponry. Should be made rogue/bard only imho to at least add a LITTLE variety (akin to that of monk/bl weaponry).

Of course, I would have given bards a mini backstab instead of selo's kick too...

~MrGPAC
  11. Tegila Augur

1 fulltime chanter, 1 parttime
    0 fulltime bards 3 parttimers
    0-1 zerkers, used to be fulltime but mia a lot lately
    1 bst that doesnt get used for dps
    1 fulltime rogue
    just got our second mage, will see how they do
    1 fulltime monk
    1 fulltime pally 3 parttime
    2 fulltime shm 1 parttime..0 that slow (making it the bst's job to slow and paragon most of the time)

doesnt mean those are all shortages, only need 1 monk heh and 2 mages is sufficient if you dont pettank

otoh, we have 8-12 rgrs on a given night (0 of which that buff on the first 5 requests) , 4-8 sks. rest are decent numbers though one night we can have 8 wars and 3 clerics the next we have 8 clerics and 3 wars lol. used to have 6-8 drus but more like 3-4 now, 3-4 nec 3-4 wiz. gotta say debuffs get eaten up quick with avg 10 dotters per raid except on bellycasters where casters never move in as fast as all those sks with their instadots heh (not condoning using our dots over theirs of course) they do really need to raise that cap though if they dont want to cripple a raid for having more necros instead of more wizards or more sks instead of more paladins. all isntant damage users have no cap to their population but dotters get capped so harshly its like theyre trying to force you to follow their raid recipes at a time when not everyone can pick and choose exactly what classes are present or not

shortages vary though at other points in time we've had 6+ bsts 5+ bards 5+ shm 5-6 pals and 8ish drus, while having only 2 war 1 sk 0 nec 1 wiz. the most commonly under-represented classes for us are zerkers rogues and chanters. cant think of any time we've had as many of any of those as we'd like while every otherclass at some point we've had an overabundance of even if at other times we've been lacking them. cant say we've had in my memory dependable bards even when we had 5-6, they were eitherhere short time or low attendance. kinda surprised there arent mroe rogues and zerkers out there these days with their soloing abilities. i cant say our rgr population has to do with hs surges, we've had overabundance of rgrs as long as ive known with 6 being absolute lowest i can think of and having seen upwards of 15+ between ft and pt at some points. sporadic attendance really sucks when your turnout can vary by up to 20 from one raid to the next, it's worse tahn eq's RNG lol
  12. Kelefane Augur

13. Mykaylla Augur

Ye gods that's a lot of rangers.
  14. Jiggs Elder

Zerkers --- we only have one raiding zerker.

A friend once told me that all the zerkers he met in real life looked remarkably like PeeWee Herman and had posters of David Hasselhoff and Absor pasted on thier bedroom walls. o_O

Zerkers are a bit unhinged....
    KC13, Kelefane and Elricvonclief like this.
  15. Elricvonclief Augur

Pee Wee Herman and David Hasselhoff...

Dangit, you made me snort tea out my nose I laughed so hard!
    Kelefane likes this.
  16. Tegila Augur

zerkers exist? ive never seen one lol. i ahve seen a lot of necros and they all look remarkably similar, and have very..fringe..tastes behind thecurtains lol, least the ones ive known. monks do seem to be very homogenous in tehir personality types aswell but i wont detail taht here ppl will be mad lol. other classes are split most of the time, with the quality determined more by personality, within theclass, though most ..mediocre..players of any class fall into a certain type or 2, different classses do draw different personalities themselves. thats big part of why "good" vs "mediocre (being nice) is different in that personality type. for many classes the personality types they attract, as opposed to jsut start playing one bc they heard they were cool, USUALLY consincides with a passion for the class and a drive to be better at it, while some classes the personality type they attract is just the type not to do so and an exceptional lpayer is often one who in tehory shoudlve been playing a different class based on personality. theres a reason so many sks are as they are, so many chanters are how they are, clerics as they are, tanks as they are, and that same reason is the reason for much class warfare as well. everyone wants to be themselves and do tehir thing what they wanan do but they cant help but check out their neighbor and want to be better rather than jsut different
  17. Kelefane Augur

Zerkers are a rare breed indeed. Most of them all seem to app to a raid guild and loot a raid 2her and then vanish without a trace a few days later. Ive seen that happen exactly four times since Underfoot. No joke.
    Samtan likes this.
  18. Darktower Elder

That's cause we have a secret underground all-zerk guild that resides in Halas. We normally app guilds, loot their 2h'ers and then vanish to rejoin our brethren in the depths of Everfrost to compare weaps, torment Erudins and get drunk with dwarves.
    Elricvonclief, Kelefane and Straahdx like this.
  19. Gumlakx Augur

This guild is named Circle of Zerks.
  20. Darktower Elder

We also have an all-zerk neo-punk band called...

[IMG]
  21. Riviera New Member

Enchanters are the most needed class for 3 minutes of buffing. Then camp them out. Play your alt. Seems the way of things. Give us DPS or something useful during the battle, or make a merc to replace us and allow us to make a class change to something useful and fun to play.

Riviera
    Bertox Ench