Is it contagious? CS response...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Szeria, Oct 17, 2012.

1. Szeria Elder

So I was doing the "Is it contagious" task in The Shining City. The task is part of the task line. The task bugged out when we were doing it. It wasn't incredibly difficult but it was annoying to say the least. Anyways, when completing the last part of the task to "kill the attacker" the task didn't update. I decided that I would petition it because I didn't feel like doing it again and had the time to wait for a GM response. The response I got was as follows:

The GM said that because it was a SOLO task that you won't get credit if you are grouped with anyone else or a mercenary.

So, the CS support and the GMs that play this game are telling me that Mercenary and Partisan tasks are solo and therefore you shouldn't be grouped to have assist from them. I don't care about the task I care about the principle of the GMs response. Since someone else posted about CS and they were trying it out that we are allowed to post about it... here it is! It really was shocking that I was told I would have to do it solo (not even a big deal) because that would mean that all merc and partisan tasks would require being solo'd (what they hinted at.) Point is this task was not soloable at the time the expansion was released and was not designed to be. Instead of accepting that it's a bug they put it on the player base to re do it solo...

I think this is just arbitrary.
    Qwestwic and Voodoman like this.
  2. Dippy New Member

That is wrong, I completed all tasks in voa while grouped and with mercs. Just try re do the task?
    Szeria likes this.
  3. Szeria Elder

I know it's wrong Dippy that's my point. Gm's giving blatantly wrong information. A simple it's bugged we can't do anything about it. Would have sufficed. It's not just about re-doing the task it's the principle behind it. The task is super easy and I will end up redoing it.
    Voodoman likes this.
  4. Szeria Elder

Greetings Szeria,

This specific task is not intended to be done with any other players. In order to successfully complete the objective; you must be solo. If you attempt the task in a group, you will not be given credit for the update. If you believe that this is a bug, then please submit a bug report by typing /bug and filling out the appropriate form.

Regards,
    GM Punwinkle
    Sony Online Entertainment
    Voodoman likes this.
  5. Szeria Elder

Lol I explained that I never said it was impossible to solo, but at the time it was not intended to be solo'd much like the tasks today were not INTENDED to be done solo
    Voodoman likes this.
  6. Szeria Elder

It's more humorous than anything at this point.
    Voodoman likes this.
  7. Tobynn Augur

During an extensive exchange with CS regarding a bug I discovered with Alaran language skill ups, I had several CSRs insist that the reason I was not getting language skill ups in Sepulcher was because the zone was too low level for me. I was told to find a higher level zone and do tasks there instead. Strangely enough, they could not provide me the names of any zones that were higher level than Sepulcher. Go figure.

I no longer have much faith in CS's ability to resolve any sort of issue with current content.
    Vuncar and Ezlano like this.
  8. Szeria Elder

I had that issue after doing every single task and getting 97 alaran before I had piestro look into it and see why.
    Voodoman likes this.
  9. Falos Augur

The task bugged on me ages ago forcing me to redo the task. What happened was my pet or something bugged it out, my memory is a bit foggy on it but If i recall correctly the person that triggered the enemy to go active had to get the kill shot or something stupid like that, my pet getting the kill shot bugged it out. The task can bug out in a variety of ways though im a bit shocked they never fixed it.
  10. Qwestwic Augur

Just like it taking them over 2 years to fix Vergalid after numerous threads. :|
  11. Szeria Elder

NO GUYS YOU ARE ALL WRONG YOU HAVE TO DO PARTISAN AND MERCENARY TASKS SOLO WITH NO HELP GMS SAY SO!
    Qwestwic and Voodoman like this.
  12. Qwestwic Augur

I get it now, everything that's ever been broken was meant to be done with one person. GAWD WE'RE ALL TERRIBLE.
    Szeria likes this.
  13. Taadieri Journeyman

I do not and never have worked for SOE but I have worked in customer service and it would be appropriate for you to reply in the petition and request it be escalated to his supervisor. The CS rep answering you is giving out blatantly incorrect information and it needs to be addressed by SOE. He needs to be counseled on his error and SOE needs to update its training and/or information resources.

If the CSR in question has a pattern of such behavior (it doesn't matter whether he is really that ignorant of the game mechanics or is just trying to brush you off) and can't or won't correct it after counseling he needs to be fired (note: not fired for one or even a couple instances like this, but if he can't learn or is being deliberately lazy, he needs to go).

P.S. too many posts like this probably will cause them to revert to the previous policy. Asking for a supervisor was the appropriate response and at a minimum, you should have edited out the GM's name before you posted your petition responses here.
  14. Sebbina Augur

Okay, i did this task in group of 4, plus 2 mercs, each player had the task and at the kill point, no one got credit. I removed the task on all 4 and repeated with just me having the task and when we got to the kill mob, I got the update. I believe it has been mentioned on Allakhazam that only one person in the group should have the task.
  15. Ommina New Member

Maybe I'm being obtuse, but where, in the replies you posted, did they give any "blatantly false information", or for that mater, even hint that, because this particular task is intended to be done (truly) solo, that all partisan / mercenary tasks are to be done solo? Indeed, the second reply you posted stated outright this specific task.

Could you argue that, in the Underfoot era, asking players to do the task without aid is asking too much of the characters of the time? Sure, you probably could. But "that would have been difficult!" does not necessarily equate to "blatantly giving out false information".

Methinks you're drawing some rather unwarranted conclusions.
  16. Numiko Augur

maybe they are trying to prove the that the Euro CS IS better!
  17. Sinestra Augur

Careful, the provision for attempting to allow CS discussions is that the topic stay constructive amongst other things.
  18. Ronak Augur

Incorrect information happens a lot when dealing with CS. It's not their fault, they do not play the game. It's a very complex game, especially to try to explain to some one who's never played it. It would be helpful if they had some sort of training to better familiarize themselves with game mechanics and such but, that ship has sailed.
    Sinestra likes this.
  19. Taadieri Journeyman

In fact, during the UF era, completing the task completely solo would have been not merely difficult but truly impossible for most toons.

More to the point, what the comments at Allakhazam's make clear is that you do NOT need to solo this task to get credit for it. You can have a merc or even be in a full group as long as you are the only one in the group that has the task (or maybe the only one in the group that tries to hail the final mob before killing it).

So by telling the petitioner that they must do the task solo, the GM is actually giving out blatantly wrong information.
    Szeria likes this.
  20. Shillingworth Augur

Hey! That's the same response I got to a task in Beast Domain that got stuck. I was the very definition of solo while doing the task too, only person in zone, merc was put away, and all I asked for was a zone reset because the zone was acting really strange when the task hit a bug. Eventually the zone crashed and reset on it's own, but the response really made me wonder which of the [sarcasm]miraculous[/sarcasm] CS companies SoE goes through for EQ, because I want to take note so I can avoid them for any of my own games that hit large enough for my team and I to handle CS for.
  21. Nolrog Augur

Solo tasks don't mean you can only do them alone. They just mean you don't need anyone else with you to get the task.

As with any poor GM response, try again at a different time, so you get a different person. The unfortunate reality is that if you don't get an acceptable response, repetitioning to get a different GM often results in a different response.