Temple of Veeshen request. (Original version, not RoF)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Eagleclaww, Mar 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eagleclaww Journeyman

Any possibility of having instanced versions of NToV? Seriously, its farmed to the teeth for a few very rare drops.

Nowadays, pretty much any high level character could farm it solo, or with a mercenary anyway.

Even if it had a long lockout timer, like 6 days, it would still beat having to get lucky to even see NToV even up.

Of course, the original ToV would still be around. Maybe even have the mission request mob inside of NToV by the PoM castle. Say have minimum 3 characters in the mission (or 2 + merc).
    Sinestra likes this.
  2. Axxius Augur

The same is the case with Vex Thal. Gotta love how items from 12-13 years ago are still unique, useful and desired while everything from any of the recent 10 expansions is outdated and replaced within 1 year.
    Sinestra and Uxtalzon like this.
  3. TheQxx Augur

My god. No.
  4. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Finally got my turn at Vex Thal today, saw a few other people pop into the zone, but I cleared all the named.

Crazy twinked my level 12 'zerk that'll probably never get to level 50. click invis, click heal, click DS, skelly illusion...

Still no GoDS tho. went on over 20 VT raids back when it was still current, never even saw them drop.
  5. Kurayami Augur

Gotta love seeing a current raider, who raids entirely in instanced zones by the way, being completely opposed to doing the same to some of the older raid zones. Support one or the other there guy.
  6. Nocomplaints Elder

Those items are rare and unique leave the old zones alone, people would drop right before killing named to avoid lockout and farm it over n over. Please leave ntov/zt/ssa/VP non intanced.
  7. Kurayami Augur

My goodness, how terrible that would be, seeing people get these items in their spare time casually rather than have to check up on it for months on end just to possibly see the mobs up ONCE. How equally terrifying it would be to see more people with an ALEX primary for no damage tanking, more human illusions, few more dispell clickies, and worst of all, food/drink summoning would be RAMPANT throughout the land!

I'm not saying they should potentially spend much if any resources on this kind of thing, but why are people so opposed to this? Afraid your status of having the special clicks is in jeopardy? The OP probably just wants a chance in heck as a casual gamer to get a clicky or two. The fierce opposition is really unwarranted.
    Noobieguy, Sinestra and Enizen like this.
  8. shiftie Augur

FREEEEEEE BOWS OF THE DESTROYER FOR EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Leerah, Enizen and Delfino like this.
  9. Enizen Elder

Instance the old stuff if its not to much work for the devs, seriously is there anything in any of them (VP, NToV, ST, VT) that is going to break the game really?
  10. Tobynn Augur

Clearly, the time has come to put every piece of desirable ancient raid loot on vendors in Plane of Tranquility. Cost per item zero plat. Once that is done, then the same people complaining now can come back here and whine that they had to travel through PoK to get their free shiz, and there will be much rejoicing.

EQ is hard. Amirite guise?!

We see thread after thread after thread like this, and essentially they all boil down to the same summary of three fine points, points which are often only thinly veiled by smoke and mirrors arguments:

1. There exists an item I want.
    2. I do not feel that acquiring this item is worthy of my effort.
    3. I feel the game should be changed in such a way as to reduce my efforts to acquire what I want.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Leerah like this.
  11. Alwyzn- AB Journeyman

If only they implemented the command /claim Green Dragon Scales(or insert any item name) only one per character of any old items someone may want.
    This should stop all bottlenecks that may require a player actually putting some time into this game.

Oh wait this is EQ not WoW, never mind my above statement i agree with Tobynn
  12. Nocomplaints Elder

there are ton of items i dont have still and i raided through all those zones, but leave em be. why does everything have to be instant gratification? Leave a tracker in the zone and then log in occasionally to track the zone named.
  13. Falos Augur

I find it very interesting that your level 12 was in vex thal when campfires and other means of zoning in aren't possible.

Are you sure you aren't thinking of ToV? cause low levels can bypass the level req but they can't for vex thal.
  14. Gnar Augur

I don't know exactly when but they changed the lvl requirements to zone into VT, you can zone in a lvl 12 with no issues. You still cant use campfires in VT though.

I see no issues if the added instanced versions of those old raid zones as long as they still kept the normal zones.
  15. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I am fairly sure that VT never had level req's to zone in just the key. In fact the only places pre-GoD that I know of which had level requirements to zone into were the Planes.
  16. Tobynn Augur

In 2008, when they made the initial pass to remove keys/flags requirements, Vex Thal was set as minimum required level of 55. If you were keyed, you could always get in at level 1, but without the key it was 55 minimum. See here. When the level 55 restriction was removed, I have no idea, but I do recall trying to get a low-50s monk in there a few years back and he was bounced at the door.
  17. Falos Augur

Oh wow, good to know, yeah when i tried to zone in sub level 55 back in like SoD it wouldnt let me, so it must have been changed sometime between late underfoot and alaris / rof.
  18. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

To my knowledge the level 55 restriction if you DO NOT have the key is still there; but like Tobynn said, if you have the key it has always been level 1 accessible.
  19. Gnar Augur

The lvl restriction is gone, no more getting bounced. I don't Know if intentional because I don't think there was ever a patch message. Give it a test, no key even needed.
  20. TheQxx Augur

What a dumb and uninspired thing to say. I don't like instancing, I think it was a huge detriment on the originality and appeal of EverQuest. I think in the long run it's extended the game's life and kept it current but that does not mean I prefer it. It also doesn't mean I'm going to walk away from EverQuest because of it. Is that what you do? Just throw your hands up and pack it in when things start happening that you do not like? It must be because that is exactly the suggestion you just gave me.

I don't like instancing, I never have and I'm very vocal about it.There are very few things left which are uninstanced and hold something of value which people want. Some of us actually value the fact that we can't just have convenience and everything we want handed to us every 3 days, restricted only by a lockout timer. Some of us actually value having to check NToV everyday, finding our spawn up, killing that spawn, not getting the drop you want, checking it again in a few days, not finding it up, missing the spawn, checking again in a few days, finding it up, killing it again, not getting the drop but getting a different drop that a friend in the guild has been after, inviting them to come loot it, making them happy, coming back in a few days, finding someone else killing your spawn, coming back in a few days, finding someone else who is also camping the spawn, waiting around longer than they were willing to, the spawn spawning in front of your face, killing the spawn, getting 2 of the drop you wanted, looting one and offering the other to the guy that left, making that dude totally thrilled, making a friend and a memory that was sculpted over a few easy weeks for a small desire. Some of us still value that. I do, a lot, and there is so little of that left in EverQuest and it's pretty much only left in the old zones that the OP was asking to have instanced which is going to essentially eliminate that experience entirely. It's a small part of what makes [made] EverQuest great. There is nothing of extreme value and requirement in these zones and instancing would only be done to extinguish that experience and get some Johnny Come Lately That Will Quit Next Month the item that he can't possibly want that bad or else he'd have some patience trying to get it.

I swear, sometimes I feel like the only way you new kids will be happy with the game is if all the desirable items, large and small, are just handed to you based on /played time. Like if your /played averages out to a point that you could have camped X, Y, Z item and mathematically probably have gotten them to drop, you should just be allowed to /claim them. Why bother actually doing it, that is inconvenient! If it would have happened anyway, why not just have it, ya? The only thing that is being omitted from the process is your precious time and some 'frustration' of not getting what you want when you want it. And wouldn't that be better? You'd have more time do "do what you want" and less "frustration". Sounds great. What is the loss? The game is more enjoyable at that point right? Why wouldn't they just do it like that?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.