Freedom of Dexterity

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dasgreif, Mar 10, 2013.

1. Dasgreif New Member

Any chance of giving the rogue helm a fury focus like the rest?

Something like 50% to 100% increase to poison proc damage would be in line with class and balanced.

Thanks
  2. roth Augur

Worn foci do not affect procs.

The only possible exception is if the proc is an actual spell that the character can actually cast. That scenario is so rare though, that I am not sure that it applies even then.
  3. Nissassa Elder

Not sure on the poison proc modifier but I would like to see some backstab added to this since it is class specific and is replacing a set piece item that does have bs on it. Backstab is hard enough to keep max as it is,even w all the ranks of slot 3's from SoD. Would be slick to keep some backstab on it since it is class specific anyway.
  4. Chandrok Augur

It seems I missed adding the backstab mod to this helm. It will be added in the April patch.
    Elricvonclief, Nissassa and Filatal like this.
  5. Caudyr Augur

Be more fitting for a poison proc focus to be added to the hands, as that's where zerkers have their throwing focus. I'm pretty sure it was stated during beta that they have no intention of doing this, though. If you want a focus for them, you can hit up brell's arena in Brell's Rest and/or go camp the named in Underquarry that drops the belt that has it.

That being said, I wouldn't mind seeing a throwing/ranged damage modifier on rogue hands like zerkers have on their hands, instead...but I doubt that'll ever happen either, heh.
  6. Gragas Augur

Don't you already have a disc that makes you crit every range attack?

Sure if zerkers get +30 heroic strength on their weapons, just like rogues currently have on theirs.
  7. Nissassa Elder

Zerker's have like 500 more raw attack than rogues even with 30 hstr on their weapons.
  8. Behelit Augur

which is the result of an aa, not itemization inequality. monks have lower atk than zerkers too but their h2h dont have heroics....
  9. Agrippa Augur

Monks don't have five class reps either...
  10. Caudyr Augur

Considering how rare it is for rogues to actually use throwies/bows, I don't even see what the big deal is. On fights where this is the case, rogues (or zerkers for that matter, I'm sure) aren't going to be competing in the dps charts anyway, lol.

No, we don't The disc you're thinking of increases ranged damage by 150% and adds a proc to our ranged attacks that is resisted 95% of the time.

I forget the reasoning behind them adding heroics to the rogue only weapons and not others...but I think it had something to do with the fact that rogues are basically limited to only using 1hp weapons these days if they want to maximize their dps. Not saying I don't see your point about putting hstr on other weapons (such as mnk/bst weapons and maybe at least some zerker usable weapons...maybe a class only weapon or something, dunneh)...but I also don't really see them doing it (just as I'm sure they probably won't do the focus I mentioned, but I thought it bore mentioning anyway, heh).

Neither do rogues, heh. I think we have...one...and I'm not even sure if Brogett has any real say in anything that might actually help us in anyway. =x
    Mellifleur likes this.
  11. Songsa Augur

2 with me eheh but honestly you are right we relate rogues (and sometimes other classes) problems to devs and sometimes get answers sometimes nothing.
  12. Brogett Augur

Songsa is the other one, if his post wasn't a bit enough hint. :) And yeah, some of my comments certainly didn't help rogues (but I stand by the issue of fixing broken abilities as a long term improvement to the game, like the bard flurry bug). I'd like to think some of my other comments have helped rogues though.

As for weapon heroics - I have no issue with them being added to other weapon types. There may be some confusion over which is best due to multiple classess accessing the weapons, but if there are choices of weapons then it's not so bad as we can have choices of heroic mod too. (Even within melee community we're split on whether str or dex is best.)
  13. Savager Augur

hands from Vulak have the throwing mod for several classes
  14. Mellifleur Augur

So that means under 30 toons get the mod serverwide...

Might want to make it something more inclusive to the population.