strangeness with ornaments

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Elite, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Elite Lorekeeper

I recently took my Shield of the Domain that had the Guard of the Fallen Dragon ornament in it and was able to put it in the Aegis of Blackscales ornamentation and combine for the look of Blackscales but retain the proc from the Fallen Dragon ornament. I took the Fallen Dragon out last night to check something and now I cannot recombine. Anyone experience anything like this or know a way to achieve again? I love the proc from the Fallen Dragon but want a different look again. I am guessing I was bugged or did they change recently?
  2. SpamFactory Augur

try stripping the blackscale ornament, putting in the fallen dragon ornament, then using another blackscale container ornament
  3. Elite Lorekeeper

I tried both combinations, still no luck, dunno how I pulled it off before :(
  4. Candara New Member

I've done this before using LoN augs on lowbie alt weapons that were also ornamented. The game seems to check if you have an ornamentation (even a container style one) when you attempt to put an aug into the item.

To make it work you have to use the stripping tool on the shield after you put the aug in. The effect will remain and the aug will still be socketed but the shield's appearance will revert to normal and then you combine it in the blackscales container.

1. shield with no ornamentation (stripped) and no aug in slot
    2. socket fallen dragon ornament
    3. use stripping tool
    4. combine in blackscales container