Collection Quest Ground Spawns

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by gcubed, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

Isn't that ghousting? Which has been illegal since 2000
  2. TheQxx Augur

Thanks for trying to help out the situation. Just hopped in and it looks like there's at least 2 groundspawns back in the bottom of the pit :( possibly more.
  3. Gigtuoka New Member

OK Augur, it is Friday at 5:47pm cst and i just seen 2 spawns in the shard pit to Sep on Cazic Thule Server.... Did they skip us in the clean up, seems to be same ones i seen 2 days ago... but waited to reply here until you said they were all cleared....
  4. AB_H'Sishi Augur

The last two maintenance "downtimes" this week only affected login and commerce servers. Live servers were kept untouched so there's a need of either an RoF-wide zone reset or a quick server downtime to fix all zones at once.

Unfortunately SOE doesn't announce scheduled patches weeks ahead anymore so the playerbase doesn't know if a patch is two days or two weeks ahead :( .

//HSishi
  5. Thaargor New Member

along with the already raised issues, are they gonna fix the "clumping" issue"? you can run around in an area and pick up multiples of the same item. its not unusual to loot 8 items and get 4-6 of the same item. That's why you can look in the bazaar and find one guy with 4 rare drops, btw on sale for 100k per item. shouldnt the RNG God be spreading the drops out a bit?
  6. Falos Augur

No it is not... it is not cheating in the slightest, anyone that played in the SoD expansion knows that it was super easy to unintentionally lag through the portals bypassing the zone line.. in fact if anything the "ability" is an annoyance. I just figured lag might allow people to get those pit groudnspawns that are bugged and broken unintentionally till the patch.
  7. Uxtalzon Augur

Only commerce servers? Doubt that. Go to EW:ZA and look at the smugglers... they all have bard speed and hit for 12k now. Stealthy, eh? 'Course, fixing exploits is more important than fixing bugs...
  8. Tobynn Augur

Doubt it all you like. I have had characters logged in for probably 10 days now, and there has been no game server downtime much less a stealth patch.
  9. Dalrek_MM Elder

Just repop the zones. Im pretty sure people wont mind

On AB there are atleast still 3 bugged spawnpoints:

958, -527 (inside portal base. an see if you stand next to the base)
    180, 359 (same as above. spawn inside geometry)
    455, -163 (can see it down in the center chasm)
  10. The Mighty Oz New Member

Xorbb on Drinal has the same problem spot I meantioned:
    as well as a new one that's appeared tonight at n664,p663,n70 (inside the base of a fire pit).

Certain spawns have been impossible to find in Xorbb for weeks, I myself have checked it
    many times per day as well as some friends. The "enchanted blade" has never turned up.

Being that it's the last peice I need suffice to say If I were a drinking man, I would be in AA
    by now.
  11. Vmas Elder

Bg p635 p184 inside the head of a dragonstatue
  12. Ronak Augur

Just a note: The bugged state of collection spawns is a lot more of a disruption than a repop of a zone. Go ahead and repop them.
  13. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

pretty sure people used to do this and run from one side of the zone to the other to bypass mobs and such and a lot of people got in trouble for it.
  14. Falos Augur

Ah that may be something more than what i was speculating on. I was referring just to short 1 second graphics lag that just happens when you have a terrible graphics card and/or a LOT of programs in use at once. It was most noticable in the void when you could accidentally lag through the portal zone lines and annoyingly fall off the ledge and start back at the zone in. Back in SoD i played on a terrible laptop and had that happen quite a bit even when i was just playing one account.
  15. Shang Augur

Can you lev over the pit with a corpse on drag, and stop dragging it, let it drop, and rez it? Meh.
  16. Shang Augur

Tested it once, it just drops you in Spatula when you take the rez..Don't feel like dying a few more times to test it.
  17. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

yea it happened to all of us auto run in port in void, run through fall off ><
  18. Underbrush Elder

There was some marginal improvement in Shards Landing but it seems that luck of the draw is putting the new spawns in the bad points with increased frequency.
  19. Tordail Elder

It is 8:20 p.m. EST and right now on Luclin, there are at least three spawns at the bottom of the crystal shard cavern. They are, of course, unattainable.
  20. AB_H'Sishi Augur

Got another spot in Kael Drakkal (AB server): /loc pos. 20 / pos. 1267 / neg. 129, inside the seat of the chair at this position.

I had at least one collection set and one part of "Stalking Fear" (means red and yellow sparklings visible) at this spot. None accessible.

*edit* another /loc for Kael Drakkal on AB: neg. 359 / pos. 1380 / neg. 187, in chair seat too.

//HSishi