Is it worth getting the SK epic anymore?

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by TriangleMan, Jan 11, 2013.

1. TriangleMan New Member

I have been thinking about getting the SK epic and upgrading it but I am fairly clueless as to how useful the weapon is and for how long it remains useful.

I don't think I will have any problem following any of the various guides but I just want to know if the weapon is basically a throwaway or not.
  2. Sinestra Augur

The 2.0 is one of the most useful pieces of gear you will ever own.

It has a clicky effect on it that makes a portion of every one of your hits to heal you for that amount plus an accuracy buff I believe. So if it heals for 85% of your damage, and you hit for 100 points of damage you are healed for 85 points.

It also is a group buff where the members of your group receive the buff as well, but at a smaller % of healing.

Also if they ever decide to put in epic augments, you will only be able to get them if you did the corresponding epic quest.
  3. Elricvonclief Augur

It is most definitely worth getting. Paladin and Shadowknight epics are still very useful at the endgame level for their clickies.
  4. Moppet New Member

The 1.0 you can skip, but believe you need to do 1.5 to get the 2.0 and that is one of the most useful epics in the game.
  5. fransisco Augur

SK epic 2.0 is arguably the most powerful item in the history of the game.
    Paladin epic is no where near as useful, and necros can replace their epic by hitting max dot crit.

Nothing will ever make the SK epic any less good, as it automatically scales with content.
    Gerzer likes this.
  6. Abazzagorath Augur

Wait, what? LOL

Um, no.
  7. Sinzz Augur

it will always be in my bags till they break it!
  8. fransisco Augur

i thought raid necros could bag it
  9. Viltaire Augur

The Sk 2.0 is simply a must have for every Sk.
  10. silku Augur

It's one of the few epics that I would say is almost required for the class. Unlike the lovely 2k hp rune of the enchanter epic.
  11. Mykaylla Augur

I'd drop off the "almost."
    Any class that is still balanced around either the worn focus or click ability of their epic... needs their epic.

SK are absolutely balanced with the epic in mind. So are several other classes.
    Use it, love it. :D
  12. fransisco Augur

Balanced? I'd say SKs are completely broken with their epic. Its CRAZY powerful. Something ever SK should get. No excuses
  13. Mykaylla Augur

Not "having it makes you balanced," but "any balancing of your class is done with having this assumed," aka being balanced around it.
  14. Gladare Augur

Such as a melee class having their anti-riposte aa.
  15. Buds Augur

For necros to bag their epics, they would have to crit 100% of the time lol. It adds 8-10%(2.5) crit chance. I think the top critical chance with aa etc. is under 60%. There are clickys that will bring you to 100% for a minute.

As far as SK epic goes.... Umm seriously??
  16. BoomWalker Augur

This is what SOE needs to do for a 3.0 epic...come up with epics that scale with content. SK 2.0 epic is an example...now the other classes need an epic created that scales as well...SK 2.0 could become a 3.0 epic by simply increasing the duration or a small increase in the power...but other epics may need to be totally new ideas that are meant to scale.

The duration needs to be reasonable (2 mins? 1:30? 3 mins max?) for various epics but base the benefit off a percentage so it scales.
  17. fransisco Augur

actually sony needs to do the exact opposite.
    When someone makes an SK and lvls it up, all content assumes they have their 2.0. How many new players will even know about that?
  18. BoomWalker Augur

Exact opposite to making a 3.0 epic that scales is what then??? Your post, while being negative and wanting to knock the idea of a scaling epic, does not include any meaningful information on what the opposite is...

As for new players not knowing about the epic...makes sense...most new players won't know about hot zones or armor or tradeskills or RK II spells or anything else that is useful in the game until they learn about it...so nerf the game to make it pong...because the new players will never know about "X" item/feature/quest/etc.

As for content assuming a 2.0 SK epic...examples of content that are designed for SK 2.0 epic would be great to know so all the SK can go there to be useful.
  19. WarSheol Augur

I hate going back to the same quot over and over but I will any way heh, "Epics are relics of the past" so basicaly no 3.0's.

Not unless they skip an expansion, the massive ammout of time and resoures that would be needed to make 3.0 would literaly take that much work and time. This was discussed in a panel during SoELive 2012 by the devs.

And the players at the panel didnt wanna wait almost 2 years for new content just for 3.0s I know I sure wouldnt :cool:

to the original poster there will be epic ornament events which can change the graphic look of a current weapon . I sure plan to do it to make my ugly raid weapon look a bit cooler, but no effects/clickies or stats will carry over the ornaments are 100% just for looks.
  20. Notinterested Augur

This is nonsense. If you think the devs are balancing content around SKs and whether they have their epic or not you completely fail to grasp how development actually works.

No content is assuming you have your 2.0. Unless you swarm you can literally live without it just fine. Nice buff to have but if you are going through content that requires you to click it every time its up to get by there is something wrong with you not your epic or content design.