Druid - Be wary of Paralytic Spores Rank 2 AA

Discussion in 'Priests' started by malibu66, Dec 22, 2012.

1. malibu66 Elder

I think Rank 2 of the Paralytic Spores AA is horribly broken.

Either the mobs in ROF are HUGELY resistant to root (doesn't seem the case since Spore Spiral works fine). I can't recall Paralytic Spores Rank one ever being resisted, Rank 2 is resisted more than 50% of the time.
  2. Mykaylla Augur

This came up at the druid and shaman AA chats.

[11:32] <illa> a lot of people have been mentioning that the new rank of paralytic spores breaks early and often. could be with the change in resist from "Resist: Disease -45" to "Resist: Disease -120, Min: 25%, Max: 50%"?
    [11:34] <@Elidroth> possibly
    [11:34] <@Elidroth> I'll look at it
    [11:34] <illa> it's not acting like the guaranteed 2min root on unmolested mobs that people are expecting
    [11:35] <illa> or 3min, whatever it is

[05:29] <Tharkis> Shaman AA Paralytic Spores. When you buy rank 2, it becomes vasly less reliable, prone to break immediately, and all around not usable. Right now all the shaman are telling anyone who hasnt bought it to not buy it and stick with rank 1. It's acting like a real low level cast root
    [05:30] <@Elidroth> Paralytic Spores is on my list to fix already
    [05:30] <Tharkis> awesome thanks =)

So hopefully it will get sorted soon. :)
    Concerned Druid likes this.
  3. Lynienu New Member

Any word on when this will be fixed? I was hoping it would already be addressed in yesterday's patch.
    Concerned Druid likes this.
  4. Concerned Druid New Member

5. Concerned Druid New Member

6. Tobynn Augur

Since the fix for this broken Rk2 AA has apparently fallen into the someday pile, please just remove Rk2 from game, refund the AAs, and allow us to have a functional Rk1 ability once again. As it stands, I paid a few AAs to lose the ability I once had.
  7. Concerned Druid New Member

I concur let's get this straightened out post haste!
  8. Nenton Augur

It only took them 10 months to fix Wrath of the Forest Walker. Get out of those calendars.
  9. Falos Augur

Don't worry, this bug impacts 2 classes, shamans as well so the fix will only take 5 months!
  10. Meadal Journeyman

First off I wanted to mention that I did train the Paralytic Spores Rank 2. While I was in Beta I used it and noticed nothing wrong with it, so i trained it when I could on live. What a mistake.
    The first time I put in a petition asking for the second rank to be removed. (1/18/1013) the response said my problem had been forwarded to the development team. and no ETA on a fix. Still waiting for a reply to today's petition.
    Maybe if enough Druid and Shaman petition they will see just how much this affects people's enjoyment of the game...Dev's if you could please keep us updated on any info, Thanks.
  11. Tobynn Augur

I am back to using my level 69 root Spore Spiral. Pretty sad that a spell from 7 years and 30 levels ago is the most reliable root in my arsenal and is vastly superior to the latest, greatest AA upgrade.
  12. Hekaton Augur

this is the one of the last aa i have yet to finish out, thank goodness i read all the feedback on this before purchasing. I just hope it doesn't turn out to be another languid bite kind of thing. AA upgrade that was broken for the VOA upgrade than not fixed for months, than claimed to be fixed but it still wasnt...(works fine now though)
  13. Rykear Elder

Agree and am very grateful to those that posted on this aa being broken for I was about to buy it till I read the forums.

Rykear
  14. Meadal Journeyman

Well petitioned yet again and this is the reply:
    Subject
    paralytic spores

Discussion Thread
    Response Via Email (Game Master) 02/05/2013 04:07 PM
    Hail meadal,

GM Anundr here again!

After a little further investigation, it turns out that our QA Team was unable to replicate this issue. Perhaps you could provide some more helpful information for testing purposes. Such as which NPCs you have been attempting to use Paralytic Spores on. Any additional information you can provide may prove to be helpful!

For your convenience, I will leave this ticket open for the next 72 hours. If you have any other questions or concerns pertaining to this situation please feel free to update this petition within the given time frame and I will be more than happy to help out!

Good Day,
    GM Anundr
    Sony Online Entertainment
    Response Via Email (Game Master) 02/05/2013 03:57 PM
    Hail Meadal,

Thank you for contacting Sony Online Entertainment. This is GM Anundr reporting for duty!

I understand that you are still waiting for the Paralytic Spores AA to be changed. I was more than happy to look into this for you today. I have updated our internal Bug report with your information again and pushed for a fix. Unfortunately, with issues such as these, we have to wait for our Development Team to introduce a fix before we can alter anything that is not functioning correctly. At this point in time, we are unable to refund or change a player's AAs regardless of the issue. I'm terribly sorry for the inconveniences this has caused you and I thank you for your patience thus far! Perhaps in our next meeting, I will be the bearer of good news!

For your convenience, I will leave this ticket open for the next 72 hours. If you have any other questions or concerns pertaining to this situation please feel free to update this petition within the given time frame and I will be more than happy to help out!

Good Day,
    GM Anundr
    Sony Online Entertainment
    Customer By Web Form (gwjb soe) 02/05/2013 01:30 PM

So in short I will be going back and forth with the GM's for it is the only thing I can do. Maybe if everyone that is affected by this could do the same. The more information for them the better.
  15. Nenton Augur

February Test patch notes went up last night. No fix mentioned for this. Petitioning isn't going to do anything. Eli knows about it and has to fix the spell information for the AA.

I love that "QA team was unable to replicate this issue" response though. They must think it's supposed to be an AA that gets resisted every time you use it.
  16. Kinadorm Augur

Looking at the spell data on Test that was just patched out it looks like Paralytic Spores Rk2 may have been fixed and just left out of the patch notes. I don't have a Test character high enough to verify but the "Min: 25%, Max: 50%" resist data is now removed from the latest spell file on Test.
  17. Mukkul Augur

My theory is EQ QA marks every bug as "can't reproduce". Even things like spelling errors. Whether due to incompetence or malice, I don't know.

Why did Shamans get paralytic spores, when we have virulent paralysis which is virtually identical? Is it so we can have two root AAs on two separate buttons with two separate timers and root 2 mobs at the same time? I can't figure out another reason for it.

Wishing I hadn't bought rank 2.
  18. Hekaton Augur

its a great form of ghetto crowd control when you need to punt multiples or when doing solo lesson burns you're not hampered by having just the one root spell or using up a secondary spell gem for a spell root. When soloing i frequently have multiple mobs parked while dotting them.
  19. Concerned Druid New Member

So Elidroth, Create a fixed Paralytic Spores 4th level and let us buy it with AA. Simple. So 4/4 works and 3/4 will remain broke. Who cares as long as it is available to us in game corrected? Thanks.
  20. malibu66 Elder

I'm 5 for 5 successful roots with this after the patch. Keeping my fingers crossed, but it looks like it was fixed in 2/13 patch.