Limit afk time

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Elfish, Jun 4, 2023.

1. Monkeychunks Augur

The lag has to be caused by something else since many of us have 0 tradeskill lag and others find it unbearable.

The only problem I have with lobby is when bards are doing their thing - it causes stutters and freezes. No issues with the tree and door buffing but on our server not many go there.

The baz has a nice tradeskill zone to the right after you zone in. Has a good amount of supply NPC vendors right there too.
  2. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

And I also support the place to get buffs while AFK be around Big Bank causing more lag :) (cause it's nostalgic)
    Flatchy likes this.
  3. Fenthen aka Rath

Hiding doesn't actually remove them. They're still there as a collision object in front of bankers and NPCs.
    Nennius likes this.
  4. Fenthen aka Rath

FV has the "lag pile" in the guild lobby. It's 100000% better than Bristlebane having it in PoK at Teek, or Xegony having it behind the big bank.

Alternatively, a "crafting zone" would be a welcome alternative to everything being compiled in PoK. I've complained numerous times about people on mounts in the big or small bank, or AFK people in front of bankers and Caden, AFK folks in front of the little smithing container, and so on. We got /usetarget as a resolution to people AFK or on top of the NPCs in PoK.
  5. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Lame.
  6. KarmaKitty Augur

I think, the goal on BB is to prevent newbs from clicking on Teek ;)
    Nennius likes this.
  7. Flatchy Court Jester

Why is it better in your OPINION? We all rejoiced when it left the GL on BB. GL is a small area and I hated the pile of 24/7 mount sitters. Right outside the GL at Teek is almost as bad because when you log out you are thust right in the middle of that pigpile. and most people hang a right as soon as they come out makeing you wade through and ping pong off everyone in there, on your way to the ts area or wherever.

Behind the big bank would be much better in my opinion because its not used much and the sentimentality of it.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  8. Bernel Augur

A good place for MGBs would be in the east room of the GL:

[IMG]

Because the walls block sight into that room, the lag would only affect the people in the room. The rest of the GL would be fine. People could use the Magus, GH doors, neighborhood, and the NPCs on the west side without any issue.

Right now with the piles being in busy places like the throne room of the GH, near Teek in PoK, by the banks in PoK, etc. is that the lag affects everyone whether or not they are there for the MGBs. Someone just passing through or trying to use the NPCs will have to deal with the lag and crowd. If the pile was off in some blocked off place, like this side room, then only the people who want MGBs would have to deal with the problems of the MGB pile.
    Fenthen likes this.
  9. Fenthen aka Rath

Because sticking 100 afk morons in a useless zone is better than sticking 100 afk morons in an actually used zone. Tradeskills and quests and spell vendors aside, PoK is used for travel substantially more than the guild lobby is.
  10. Iven the Lunatic

Shadowrest would be an ideal zone for auto-teleporting AFK PCs to.
    KarmaKitty likes this.
  11. Act of Valor The Newest Member

I just look down and avoid most of the lag instead of making a thread on the internet about it and complaining
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  12. Drencrom Beimeith's Supervisor

The obvious solution is to split PoK into 4 zones. North (Selia), East (Tanaan), South (Kartis) and The Great Library.
  13. Drencrom Beimeith's Supervisor

Which you could have also done here on the forums. Essentially, you're upset that someone was upset, so you're complaining that they're complaining. And now so am I. Look what you've done.
    Koshk likes this.
  14. Nennius Curmudgeon

Shhh Noobs will find out and then where we all be?
  15. Nennius Curmudgeon

Only four???
  16. Szilent Augur

my pet idea is to drown the place! In summer of 2025 have the Triumvirate crack open PoK in retribution for whatever adventurers do in Loruella in sku32. This submerges everything below the level of the Library entrance (not even the elemental gods would mess with *that*), the guild masters & tradefolk are made refugee. Brell, under duress from Tunare & Mithaniel & Druzzil (the only gods that give a f about mortal adventurers) opens new access to his Brell's Temple workshop from Tanaan but only for grand master craftfolk.
    Koshk likes this.
  17. Sissruukk Rogue One

Or, we can get Ngreth's Den on live.
  18. Cloud the Third Augur

Wait you want to encourage people who never log out to use hacking software to move their mob once every 15mins forward then back so they never go afk? You know that is what will happen is more people will start using the hacking software if you were to make a rule like that.

I don't know about pok but most zones you can just pick a different version to jump into so you are all alone with noone else.
  19. Flatchy Court Jester

Sorry its not useless you have to use it to travel to pok , other than that it is useless. Everyone always stood around the throne or right by the gh doors so you were forced to traverse it. I agree with you put it where the least amount of people go. That east room that was mentioned sounds good too.
  20. Iven the Lunatic

Nearly a full expansion.