Why dont they ever release all race all class tlp?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by gofortheko, May 30, 2023.

1. code-zero Augur

Later in the game the advantages given by those 2 racials evaporate but early on they are overwhelming. Sure Ogre's have issues with mana because base stat wise they're dumber than a barrel full of door knobs but there aren't that many serious demands for mana early on anyway IIRC
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Already been done on Miragul, Vaniki was close it was just missing Drakinn and Frogs I think.
  3. Doze Augur

Why was it missing Frogs? Frogs came with LoY which comes before GoD last I checked ...
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

It was over a year ago, I don't recall seeing any frogs, but they may have had them which is where the I think comes into it.
  5. dentalplan lisa needs braces

Racial bonuses have never been balanced in the history of EQ. I just don't know why it's suddenly this earthshattering issue just because more classes will be able to choose ogre.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And part of that reason is because people are limited in what race/class combos they can use.
    code-zero likes this.
  7. Muramx Augur

And? The two classes were/are poorly overturned early on. They knew people were going to make them and either quit after a couple levels or rush to the end.look at the vah shir starting noobie zone. The mobs there at level 1 are harder then the ones in nektulos. The whole expansion is harder then Velious (which didn't have a starting zone, cause it didn't need one) there is a reason when people level up they go to the old zones. Because easier kills. Bsts were overtuned. Zerkers are the same. At 50 in the classic era, both classes would dominate. Your just looking at 1 price of the puzzle, your forgetting things lol or how gear is structured, and mob difficulty.
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Not sure what the starting area in luclin has to do with how the balance would be if those classes got released on day 1 in the same starting areas that they would be in with the expansion they came with.
  9. Muramx Augur

It's used as an example. Expansion get harder as they go up. People don't do the starting lol Clinton areas outside of Paludal (the massive exp) because the mobs hit harder and have more hps. The new classes were built around the current expansion they were in. Ergo you would have a class that was tuned to harder content barreling through lower content. This is not a difficult concept to understand. It's different when your 3 expansions into the game and almost everyone has max level char or multiples, because no one cares about the low level stuff. When it's classic... Zerkers and bsts would be absolutely wrecking stuff compared to everyone else.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Expansions get harder because abilities, spells, items and many other things also get better and that doesn't mean that a class launched in a later expansion will have all the tools they need if unlocked at the start of the game.
    Skuz likes this.
  11. Doze Augur

You keep saying they are OP, but have yet to provide any evidence whatsoever to support this claim and even completely ignores to address all the detrimental factors that they would be facing when starting in Classic that I outlined in my previous answer to your claim.

Also, I leveled up an Iksar BST once (starting in Cabilis and without twinking it in any way) - and I don't recall being able to level it up any faster or easier than any of the other iksar classes that I have leveled up in the same manner.

By all means show me how a BER with poor 2H weapons and BSTs without any of their lvl 51+ warders is OP in a Classic/Kunark/Velious environment - compared to other classes that are not similarily handicapped.
    Failing that then I am going to call BS on your unfounded claim.

In short you are plain wrong.
    Appren and Skuz like this.
  12. magikarp Elder

OP, ignore all this opinion vs. opinion

the real reason you won't get this is because it's something the community came up with
    WeCameWeConquered likes this.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The real reason is that the devs still want that content tied to the expansion it was released in.
    Appren, Skuz and code-zero like this.
  14. code-zero Augur

A webcomic once had an issue where there were Gnome Monks. People with a tendency to take a joke well past the point where it's funny have been begging for them ever since.

A D&D novelization had a Drow Ranger. Despite this character being completely anomalous which was really the whole point of the series people want that class/race combo, an entire guild of DE Rangers because they loved that book series.

Despite the fact that there's in game lore explaining Berserkers and no other player race that can be a Monk can also be a Berserker there are people that beg for Iksar 'zerkers for no other reason than "it'd be so cool"

There's nothing wrong with tying races and classes to their original expansions. With the Heritage system for alts on Oakwynd making a new combo and maybe even making it your main is easier than ever
  15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Absolute rubbish, if you want proof of this being rubbish you can roll them on a live server & equip them in classic gear, test versus a Rog or Mnk & you will see that if anything they are underpowered.
    BST is of course a decent soloer even in era-appropriate gear but they are far from OP.
    WeCameWeConquered likes this.
  16. Fluid Augur

I used to compla-, err suggest, Halfling Rangers would make sense from a lore and be desirable. Because of my game style, I run multiple characters on multiple shards, it doesn't make much of a difference in reality. It just means my first character on a new TLP can't be a Halfling Ranger.

What I've found is with twinking, multiple accounts so I can buff them, a bit of power leveling, when I do get around to developing them it only takes a week or two to get them battle ready. Hand me down weapons and armor, cash, trinkets, it goes pretty fast. It's not like there aren't a dozen other characters I want to run that aren't just as important or moreso that it makes sense to them develop first.

Of course if you only have one account and want to main a certain character type, you are SOL. You always want an Enchanter, always want a Druid/Shaman for early SoW, I always want a Magician. By the time I run those up to the max for the current expansion, the next expansion is out and I start the grind again.

IDK, given limited budget at DP for development, I would just as soon they prioritize fixing the bugs introduced with the last patch. I have two computers that have problems running the client, and the one that works right has the opaque character window open on any trade: Annoying.
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Iksar can be Monk, Shaman & Beastlord, while Iksar Berserker's are explicitly part of Kunark lore there's even a weapon named after them. And there are already Sarnak Berserkers in Kunark.

Ogres can be Shaman, Beastlord & Berserker arguably they should also be capable of being Monks since Monk/Sham are the Beastlord's parent classes & if Ogre's getting Monk is a pre-requisite to Iksar Berserkers I am 150% fine with that, plenty of folk would love Ogre Monk.

18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Both Ogres and Trolls can be Shadow Knights and Warriors since the launch of the game but have never been able to be Necromancers which are one of the Shadow Knights "parent" classes. That isn't even the only example of cases like that. No reason why they should be able to be a class just because it is a "parent" class of something they already have.
  19. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Ogres had Wiz/Mag/Nec classes historically lore-wise, curse of the rathe removed them.
    The Trolls might also have had them, but their lore is more primitive & much less complete, certainly the Giants had them (another cursed Rallosian race).

Indeed without Ogre Magi the assault upon the Plane of Earth by Rallos Zek could not have even taken place, they breached the barrier between Norrath and the planes to enable it.
  20. Waring_McMarrin Augur

They may have had them in lore but that doesn't mean that they should have them in game and as I said they are not the only race to be in that situation.

And the curse that removed the ability for them to be those classes didn't remove the ability for them to be Shadow Knights because the requirements for them are different.